Old 11-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
it_guy

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2 UK
Default BB Calendar will no longer sync info with Outlook Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I was synchronising my BB tonight and when doing so, I pressed Accept (by default) without checking the screen which tells you what it is about to do (i.e. delete, change, add), and to my horror I quickly saw it was going to delete 37 items from Outlook, but it was too late as I had clicked on Accept.

The problem is this. My BB still has all the information my Outlook Calendar had, and it simply won't sync. The 37 items are there on the BB, but the Outlook Calendar says it sees 3 and syncs 3, which it has added.

Now, upon further investigation, I didn't know that each of my e-mail addresses had a Calendar. I have 5 and I shall call them Calendar 1 to Calendar 5. Calendar 1 has 37 items (what my Outlook Calendar had previous to the synching tonight), and Calendar 3 has 3 items, the 3 items which have since been synched.

I would like to sync Calendar 1 and get my 37 items back to my original Outlook Calendar, but I have tried again and again... The information is still on the BB, the information which was being synched every day until tonight when it kept the info on the BB but erased it from my Outlook.

Can anyone help to get the 37 items currently on the BB back onto my Outlook?

I am using Outlook 2007 with an XP (SP3) OS and BB 4.5. I had recently upgraded to 4.5 (say a week or so ago), and nothing back or weird has happened until tonight.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Is calendar 1 set as your default calendar? Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. Make sure Calendar (CICAL) is set to the email address associated with the calendar you you want to sync. Also I think it works better when the same email address is set for CICAL and CMIME.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
it_guy

Hi

The CICAL and CMIME were set to Calendar 3 and not Calendar 1 (the one with the 37 items). I have changed that. However, the problem still exists.

In fact, it would be true to say that the synching bypasses (ignores) the Calendar part! It checks the Address Book and Tasks (2 of the 3 which have been set up by me to sync), but nothing appears for the Calendar during the sync, and alas my 3 items are still showing.

Any further help would be gratefully received, and thanks to daphne so far...
Old 11-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
it_guy

Yes, I have tested the synching, and turned off all synching except Calendar, and it ignores the Calendar synching altogether.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
mrtune
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

This happened to me the other day.

Go into the calendar on your phone. Click on a random event. At the top of the event, it should show your what email address that event is attached to.

For me everything got defaulted to the device. It should have been attached to me email that I set as default on the device for the calendar service.

I had to clear out my calendar data via desktop manager. Next time I went to sync, it was ok.

I was fooling around and deleted my email address on my phone from the bis site and readded it. That's what had caused my calendar to get goofy and change where all the entries were defaulted to.

Make sense?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
it_guy

Mrtune

Sort of - how did you clear out the calendar data via Desktop Manager?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #7
mrtune
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Remember, this will clear the info on your blackberry.

Open up desktop manager, click on backup and restore. Then click on advanced. This will read the database on the phone.

The window to the right is the device database list. Scroll and click on the "calendar all" database. Then hit the clear button to clear out the device calendars.

Re-sync. It should start syncing your calendar once again.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
it_guy

It seems that I have got to the bottom of the problem as such.

Prior to me synching my BB, my DM had told me if I wanted to update the BB with various updates. I said yes, but after a few mins it said it had completed it, which didn't ring true especially when the upgrade to 4.5 took well over an hour. So I can only assume it hadn't fully run the updates. The problem with synching actually happened not long after that. It never crossed my mind about the updates being the problem.

Anyway, tonight DM told me it had quite a few updates to make, which I allowed and it took less time than the upgrade to 4.5. I rebooted the BB a couple of times to make sure, and all is well in the synching department - it added the 37 items from my BB back onto my Outlook!

I would like to thank the people above in their suggestions and help. I hope this solution will help someone else if they have the same problem.
Closed Thread