Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
I've got a user with an 8700g and this as the status from DST2007Query.exe:
4.1.0.284,2.0.0.120,N/A,Error,0x88,0x00,200

The patch is installed on his device. Lovely. Others show '1.5' instead of 'Error', while others show 'Applied'.

Why didn't RIM make the error code definitions available to us? I'd like to know what 0x88 meant, ya know? Unless I'm just missing something, that is
It looks like the error codes in the device log correspond to the chart in this PDF: http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...07_Changes.pdf But I'm not sure if the DST2007Query return codes are the same. I have been seeing "0x88" when a device is prompted to reset. Everything is installed when it comes back up, but I'm not sure how long it takes the status to update.

-zip
Old 02-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
OlyBerry

Model: 7250

Someone asked about this error: ""patch not found: trying again at: <date/time>"

In our case, devices updated OTA by pointing to blackberry.com/dst2007 were getting that error. However, the errors ceased after the Windows OS and Exchange CDO patches were applied to the BES.

Our setup:
BES 4.1 SP2 for Exchange (2003). IT policy (Service Exclusivity Policy Group) is set to False for "Allow Other Browser Services" so people only see the BlackBerry Browser. We also disallow cradles, so our enterprise is administered OTA-only.

Good berry luck to every one.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
JRV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

I'm a little fuzzy on the distinction between MDSC and MDSS. Am I understanding that MDSS is not a prerequisite to push the DST updater & patch?

Currently, MDSC is working here (at least I assume it is...users can browse the web using the BlackBerry Browser) but MDSS is not. If it doesn't matter for the DST patch I probably won't ever have to fix MDSS.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
zip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip
It looks like the error codes in the device log correspond to the chart in this PDF: http://www.blackberry.com/DST2007/pa...07_Changes.pdf But I'm not sure if the DST2007Query return codes are the same. I have been seeing "0x88" when a device is prompted to reset. Everything is installed when it comes back up, but I'm not sure how long it takes the status to update.

-zip
Jibi, are you running MDS?

It looks like these error codes are the same that the DST2007Query tool is showing. I'm told by tsupport that even though the handheld is showing "2007 DST patch applied" it is not really installed correctly. They are saying that MDS needs to be made available for this to be pushed wirelessly. Anyone else hearing this?

Thanks,
Zip
Old 02-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

In a post above .. where is the diallow cradle setting?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #26
CRWJumper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: AllTel (Who?)
Default Can you "force" the server to push instead of waiting 4 - 24 hours?

I'm trying to test the push, but it's been several hours and none of the users' devices have received anything. Also the Policy log doesn't reflect any pushes either.
Is there a way to force the push instead of waiting?
Thank you.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #27
CRWJumper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: AllTel (Who?)

Nevermind. It just went through without my intervention.
Thanks for playing. Enjoy your home version of the game.
Bye now!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #28
chrbes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRWJumper
Nevermind. It just went through without my intervention.
Thanks for playing. Enjoy your home version of the game.
Bye now!
I believe the documentation says it can take up to 4 hours for the polling service to pick up the new software change. I forced my test to update by resetting the handheld, and thus forcing an update. Not sure if there is a better way to force the update.

I am also seeing a prompt to manually reset the handheld after the patch is applied, anyone know of a way to have it automatically reset without user intervention?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #29
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip
Jibi, are you running MDS?

It looks like these error codes are the same that the DST2007Query tool is showing. I'm told by tsupport that even though the handheld is showing "2007 DST patch applied" it is not really installed correctly. They are saying that MDS needs to be made available for this to be pushed wirelessly. Anyone else hearing this?

Thanks,
Zip
We were in Test, now we aren't. We aren't running it in either Production environment. I wouldn't think MDS needed to be installed, as it doesn't download the actual patch from the BES. I would think the only issue is that the patch attempts to download from the device's default MDS browser. If this is selected as Internet Browser, then I'm not really certain that there's going to be much of an issue. Just my opinion.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
zip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
We were in Test, now we aren't. We aren't running it in either Production environment. I wouldn't think MDS needed to be installed, as it doesn't download the actual patch from the BES. I would think the only issue is that the patch attempts to download from the device's default MDS browser. If this is selected as Internet Browser, then I'm not really certain that there's going to be much of an issue. Just my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing that you are, but can only get the client to run cleanly on 4.1.0.377 (patch I don't think is needed), and 4.1.0.344. Other devices seem to require a reset, and all have the 0x88 error. I've seen this on devices that definitely have the Internet Browser set as default browser and default MDS browser. If you call into tsupport now, they tell you that MDS/Blackberry Browser is required. Let us know if you're able to get it to patch, and report cleanly with DST2007QUERY while leaving MDS disabled.

Thanks,
Zip
Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #31
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

For those wanting to decrease the polling interval from 4 hours:

- Open regedit
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BlackBerry IT Admin Server
- Create (or edit) the following DWORD Value: AppProvisioningPollInterval
- Set this to the number of minutes you want, so 30 for 30 minutes
- Restart the BlackBerry Policy Service (from Services)

* Disclaimer: There is probably a reason why this has NOT been posted just yet. It can crash your server if the interval is too low. Proceed with caution. If you have 400 devices to update, don't do them all at once with a low interval. Resources WILL be used. Do we need any more warnings? No? Good, just be careful when you apply this if you do.

Recommended Production: 120 to 240
Recommended Test (Non-Production): 30 to 60
Pretty-Much-Instant Setting: 5 (NOT recommended unless extremely temporary for one user in a non-Production environment)
Old 02-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #32
ZeroKool
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: nope
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool
FYI. If anyone receives the following when looking at a user in the BES after patches have been pushed to the device:

Configuration Name: DST 2007
Status Check Time:
Configuration Status: Device state invalid

The Handheld is just off w/ dead battery or such. No biggie.

Cancel the above statement. The device has been on and charged all night. It's running 4.1.0.344 on an 8703e w/ Verizon. Tried to resend the Software Configuration but still getting this error on the BES manager. The device shows no trace of having the timezoneOTApatcher on it anywhere.
Anyone had this problem with pushing applications to device's?

There is a past thread in here about it.
CLICK HERE

I just sent the same software config to 15+ other 8700 device's. t-mo / Verizon / and Cingular. Will let you all know what happens.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #33
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

It "should" work with The Internet browser, but it's probably not set to default. Basically it "will" work with MDS and that's why it's suggested.

And as per Jibi's instructions, make sure you set the value back to 240(minutes) after you are done.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #34
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Ok, this whole thing is making me feel incredibly stupid

I have created the software configuration as directed, and also the policy to allow external network connections (MDS is enabled).

However, when I look at the documentation with the pretty pictures, the picture that shows the 'Handheld Software Configuration' (page 28) starts witht he application name of '8100 Series Software', and then 'Application Software' under that.

My setup only shows the 'Application Software'....no reference to the device type. Do I need to install the device software for all our different models on the BES for this to work?

My apologies if this has been asked somehwere out here already, but it is not really referenced in the documentation.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #35
A4X4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Posted this in the other thread, but thought i would throw it here also.

Well, we have started patching with mixed results so far. I did my device first, 7250, and all went pretty good. The reboot took about five minutes and it was back up and running.

I have now sent the patch to three other 7250's but it does not seem correct on them. The device shows that the patch is applied, but when i use the DST2007Query tool my device is the only one that shows that the patch has been applied to.

Any one else seeing the same results like this using the query tool?

Thanks,
Old 02-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
zip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKool

Cancel the above statement. The device has been on and charged all night. It's running 4.1.0.344 on an 8703e w/ Verizon. Tried to resend the Software Configuration but still getting this error on the BES manager. The device shows no trace of having the timezoneOTApatcher on it anywhere.
Anyone had this problem with pushing applications to device's?

There is a past thread in here about it.
CLICK HERE

I just sent the same software config to 15+ other 8700 device's. t-mo / Verizon / and Cingular. Will let you all know what happens.
The only way I've gotten around this error is to wipe the handheld and re-activate.

-zip
Old 02-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #37
zip
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||
It "should" work with The Internet browser, but it's probably not set to default. Basically it "will" work with MDS and that's why it's suggested.

And as per Jibi's instructions, make sure you set the value back to 240(minutes) after you are done.
I've tried this on a 7250 that definitely had the default browser and default MDS browser both set to Internet Browser. It looks like it is installed on the device, but DST2007QUERY is showing a 0x88 error.

-zip
Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #38
jmanford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

I pushed out my DST updates to a few handhelds. How can I tell if they installed on the device? Is there a way to check on the handheld?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #39
chrbes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanford
I pushed out my DST updates to a few handhelds. How can I tell if they installed on the device? Is there a way to check on the handheld?
The documentation lists a couple ways to check status. On the device choose options - then your patch name. Or you can use the dst2007query tool.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #40
centrekin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Where can I get the DST .COD and ALX files?
Closed Thread