BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Arkay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Will Pearl apps run on 8800 or 8300?

Please Login to Remove!

Am considering getting the 8800 and then an 8300 (whenever it's available on Cingular/AT&T) and am wondering if my SplashID and WorldMate Professional will install right on to 8800 or 8300 or if new versions will have to be purchased?

I'm going to cross post to the 8300 forum and TIA for any insight into this question from this forum.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #2
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

The quick answer is maybe. I had an 8100 prior to my 8800 and I found that some 3rd party apps worked, other did not. Example I used BB alerts on my 8100 but when first installed on the 8800 it gave me exception errors. I contacted the developer and they sent me an upgraded version to test out, which seems to work OK. So the developers are catching up. I would say if the apps are a must have contact their customer support and ask them if it will work on the 8800 or newer models before switching. But I doubt they will be able to give you an answer yet on the 8300 since they are not out and they may not have the ability to test thier app before it comes out.