Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #241
queritor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

How do I download the upgrade from Mobihand

I logged in to my account and there is no option to re-download.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #242
naviwilliams
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

From the initial website there is a upgrade button...
Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #243
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that version 1.1 is now up. This includes several minor bug fixes and also should fix up the reply related functionality.

In particular, when you reply now it should now use the correct blackberry email account to reply with and also for the couple of people who had the problem with "Send" not showing up in the reply compose screen this should no longer happen. Fingers crossed that we've nipped this one in the butt for good!

Long day It's almost 2am here in Aus at the moment! But I do it for the love of the BlackBerry (and with the goal of providing the best possible support to users)!

Cheers,
eZainny.
I have to say this is incredible - it makes my bb mail much user friendly.

I do seem to have a problem where the reply from address is not the default, but its also not the one I received the message from. I have 4 pop3 mailboxes, via BIS, and it seems to pick the 1st one if you sort the account names alphebetically. EDIT - nope, its not the first account sored alphabetically. I don't see any pattern,

It's easy enough to change in the reply (the send using field) but..

Payment is on its way!

Thanks!
Don

Last edited by donc36; 06-16-2007 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #244
eZainny

Carrier: Optus

Hi All,

Regarding this upgrade, we're still a bit new to the system and not certain how you can just easily grab the upgrade download if you previously purchased the software. Sorry :( We're learning as we go.

What you can do however is to download a trial again and activate this using your key. You'll have to uninstall the current version you have

OTA is still not up yet - it's almost 3am here and I should get some sleep. It will be a first priority tomorrow.

Thanks all for your support & patience.

Regards,
eZainny.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #245
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am sitting here at work dying for the OTA version of this software that I can buy and install on my BlackBerry 8300 direct to my phone instead of having to wait and do it via USB when I get home...

Thanks for this program...but PLEASE provide an OTA arrangement for those of us (like me) that are either at work...or are not technically-confident.

-Terry
Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #246
laredo614

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default OTA version?

Hi Thanks nice job on this..is there an OTA verion for download as well? thanks again..just saw the new posting of u working on it..thanks again
Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 PM   #247
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny
OTA is still not up yet - it's almost 3am here and I should get some sleep. It will be a first priority tomorrow.
Welcome to the forums,
It's a good idea to read the thread before posting a question.
The answer to your question was found two posts up from yours.

Edit: I guess I should take my own advice! Saw that you saw that!

Last edited by John Clark; 06-16-2007 at 12:34 PM..
Old 06-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #248

Carrier: ATT

Sorry if I am to lazy to try it out myself, but does this replace the Blackberry Email program or does it integrate into it? Does it still have all the shortcuts? Does it still display on the home screen and stuff? Is it still perfectly integrated if its a stand alone? Thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #249
jkassay

Model: 8700c
Carrier: tmobile
Default Ver 1.1 working well on my 8300

Quote:
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that version 1.1 is now up. This includes several minor bug fixes and also should fix up the reply related functionality.

In particular, when you reply now it should now use the correct blackberry email account to reply with and also for the couple of people who had the problem with "Send" not showing up in the reply compose screen this should no longer happen. Fingers crossed that we've nipped this one in the butt for good!

Long day It's almost 2am here in Aus at the moment! But I do it for the love of the BlackBerry (and with the goal of providing the best possible support to users)!

Cheers,
eZainny.
Thanks for the quick update. I can now reply properly. Great program, I highly recomend it to everyone.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #250
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Using v1.1 downloaded from mobihand just a little while ago I still have the reply problems. When I hit reply I still get my default message service not the same message service as the email I'm reading. I can now change the message service if I want, though. If I read a PIN message I still get the email message service for a reply and can't reply to the PIN.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #251
toddz

Model: 9700
Default Suggestions for the next release

eZainny,

I have been using the trial for a day now and have the 2 suggestions that I think would be improvements to the setup options in BlackBerrySmart.

1. In the 'Font Face' options, include the default BlackBerry screen fonts in addition to the extra ones that you have included. I love the fact that you have all the new fonts, but I really like the look of BBCondensed and others which are not available.

2. Add an additional 'Font Style' option which would have the options for either 'Plain', 'Bold', or 'Extra Bold' much like the BlackBerry Screen options. Moving the sytle settings to their own category would stream line the 'Font Face' list and allow more fonts to be listed in the same scroll space.

3. In the options selection for 'Font Size', 'Font Face', ect. when using the space bar to scroll through the available list of selections, the selection will change to the next value (i.e. 'Font Size' goes 1, 2, 3, ...) the text box for "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" should be updated with the new settings. It does this in the BlackBerry screen options but not for BlackBerry Smart.

Not trying to criticize, just giving some suggestions that I think would be helpful. I really like to trial so far and I am already telling others about this great new application.

toddz
Old 06-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #252
drporf

Carrier: att

Thanks for the update eZainny. Re downloaded program and now the reply feature works perfectly from the smart view. Great program
Old 06-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #253
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

It's working for me for the most part but it won't let me show images and I get an error message saying that my network settings are not set up correctly. I've gone through them and they seem to be fine but are set up through wap and not TCP. Anyone else on Rogers able to get this working 100%?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:03 PM   #254
jr956678

Model: 8110

My thanks, eZainny, for the update as well.

The "upgrade" button on Mobihand just says I have the latest version - it does not recognize 1.1 as a new version so I had to download the trial version.

Installed via DM, DM recognized the program as having been updated (1.0 was already installed on the device) and offered to upgrade - which worked flawlessly and after the reboot the device showed the new version 1.1. I did not lose any configuration settings, nor the activation key from the purchased 1.0 version.

The good news is that while Reply worked for me before, it still works - and the near-fatal flaw with a new message flag showing each time I replied from SV is no longer.

I still only have the option to delete a message from the device if I delete it from SV - I only get the option to delete from the device AND the server if I escape out of SV to the RIM mail viewer. I'm not sure this is a bug and really not sure if it's something I would want to see changed. While I regularly decide if I want to delete from both (if the message is just trash) or only from the device (because I've read it and don't want to waste memory keeping it on the device but do want to archive it on my PC when I get around to doing so), the RIM viewer remembers the last choice and I'm always a bit afraid I will accidentally delete a message from the server that I didn't want deleted. As it is, deleting from SV only deletes from the device and this way I have to be deliberate if I want to delete from the server also. I think I like this.

There's a refreshing thing happening here that doesn't happen often - we have the head software developer active on this forum, keeping us updated and REALLY burning the midnight oil to fix reported problems and get updates out for distribution. eZainny has shown this to the beta testers (sadly I was not one) and now to the commercial purchasers. This bodes well for users and the future of Blackberrysmart. I look forward to more great things with SmartView and other software offerings from Blackberrysmart.

Last edited by jr956678; 06-16-2007 at 04:29 PM..
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #255
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

Quote:
Hi All,

Regarding this upgrade, we're still a bit new to the system and not certain how you can just easily grab the upgrade download if you previously purchased the software. Sorry :( We're learning as we go.

What you can do however is to download a trial again and activate this using your key. You'll have to uninstall the current version you have

Thanks all for your support & patience.

Regards,
eZainny.
I didn't see this until after I upgraded...

Actually, it appears that you can install the v1.1 upgrade on top of the existing v1.0 using the Desktop Manager. Simply download the v1.1 Trial, and select "Add" within the Desktop Manager Application Loader, pointing to the new version. The Application Loader will indicate "Upgrade" for Smart Viewer. Select "Finish", and you're done. Once the device automatically reboots, the Application Loader indicates that v1.1 is installed, and it was already activated!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #256
CableGuy711

Model: 8900

So I've updated to the 1.1 from mobi and i can REPLY now......I'm on an 8300 with O2's OS. (Maybe those who are still having problems should reply with Blackberry Model, OS Version) I know on my pearl there were a few bugs that I'm not experiencing with my new curve.

* Normally page up on a 8300 is Shift + Space, in the case of SW its Alt + Space (not sure if this is the same with ALL qwerty BB's)
* Del key works good so far, any way to get it to give us the option similar to rim's (on handheld or on handheld and server)
* Upgrades OTA from within the program would be a really cool thing, where we can click about SV, and upgrade to check for upgrades.....makes it much easier for us mobile warriors

Last edited by CableGuy711; 06-16-2007 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #257
John Clark
BBF Moderator

For those who have reply working do you have more than one email address coming to your BB?

I have a BES addrress and a BIS address. If I receive an email to my BIS (Gmail) address then when I hit reply the reply will go from my BES account. If I receive a PIN message then it still tries to send from the BES email account and not the PIN messaging system.

I'm on an 8100 TMo with 4.2.1.96 OS.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #258
biggem001

Carrier: ATT

what i would probably love would be this:

the view is almost as if its a legit browser

the format and everything, cause right now images are all cluttered and not in the place they should be, such as images that create a frame, or box around a DIV or the email itself because the limitations of the non horizontal scroll force a line feed.

it would be very very cool for any bb with trackball support (8100,8300,8800) (or even press the alt to scroll or whatever with non) could have an option to have the email not be limited by screen size.
like let it able to scroll left and right, along with up and down
Old 06-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #259
trevor1189

Model: 8130

FYI, when I plugged my bb into my pc after the upgrade was released, desktop manager asked me if I wanted to upgrade. That would probably be the easiest way to do it.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #260
jscottcj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD

I can't seem to get the upgrade installed either... When I click the upgrade link it says I already have the latest version...

Yet, I cannot reply from SV... so, I have to believe that I do not yet have it... and, I have already paid for it...

Any thoughts about how to insure the upgrade is installed?
Closed Thread