Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
Upgraded my iPHone today too.

Wow.

The Bold is in trouble for those contemplating between the two.

First, the MobileMe PUSH is fantastic. When I update my calendar or contacts on my device, they're instantly updated on my computer, and vice versa. Email is instant.

Then there are the apps. Just fantastic. I don't know if I want the Bold anymore. No way any product will be able to match all the cool stuff for the iPhone. And that's both productivity and entertainment.

The whole industry is going to have a lot of catching up to do after today.
Yeah a friend of mine was just bragging about the instant email and instant sync. He was like ... "can your blackberry do push calendar and contacts without a corporate exchange server!?!?!" LOL I was like ..... "look dummy I have an iPhone and I'm getting an iPhone 3G!" LOL

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
Old 07-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #262
sk8hi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMOBILE

I prefer the Bold. I personally think the iphone is overrared. Yes safari is nice, but not having the option to buy insurance on the phone further kills it for me.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #263
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Yeah a friend of mine was just bragging about the instant email and instant sync. He was like ... "can your blackberry do push calendar and contacts without a corporate exchange server!?!?!" LOL I was like ..... "look dummy I have an iPhone and I'm getting an iPhone 3G!" LOL
LOL

It's insane. I thought it would be flaky at first, or not nearly as good as BB's PUSH. I was very wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #264
Skeets

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

The iPhone doesn't have push Gmail. The Bold does.

I can sync my Google Cal with Google Sync on the Bold, so that covers the push calendar feature. I don't really see the value in push contact sync. This doesn't need to be push since I plug my phone into my laptop every week to back up the data on it.

It takes 5-6 taps to check each mailbox on the iPhone. I have both business and personal email accounts on my Curve and it takes two clicks to get at them.

I have an iPod Touch for all of the amazing Apps that have been released.

When it comes down to it I want a great phone and communications device. I will continue to rely on my iPod for entertainment. Convergence is great, but I don't see the need to combine these two great devices into one.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #265
gixxer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

The only thing keeping me from getting the iphone 3g is the lack of MMS!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #266
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

only thing keeping me from getting an iphone 3G is ATT! :(

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #267
gixxer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn View Post
only thing keeping me from getting an iphone 3G is ATT! :(
That 2!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #268
Spankypoo

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMo
Lightbulb

Quote:
Yup. The copy and paste thing is the standby argument for people who can't think of any real reason to justify their BB love over iPhone. Classic.
Or, they use the BlackBerry differently than you do.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #269
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

I am getting Nokia E71 next week and would like to do some love making with that n see if i can hurt my fingers bad enough. I am trying to get full WiFi and so far BB is not delivering it. I am using Nokia E51 right now for my streaming audio, Podcasting, you tube, blueappe.mobi, works great. I just need to take it to full keyboard. i will share the exp. I am no way fan of Apple though
Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #270
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder View Post
I am getting Nokia E71 next week and would like to do some love making with that n see if i can hurt my fingers bad enough. I am trying to get full WiFi and so far BB is not delivering it. I am using Nokia E51 right now for my streaming audio, Podcasting, you tube, blueappe.mobi, works great. I just need to take it to full keyboard. i will share the exp. I am no way fan of Apple though
Yeah ... I was looking at the Nokia E71 for purchase. I am a phone whore so I will ultimately have that one too. LOL. I have been thinking of getting into S60, and was looking at the E71 as my first S60 device. But, I have to get iPhone 3G and Bold FIRST though.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #271
kmccarthy

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Yeah ... I was looking at the Nokia E71 for purchase. I am a phone whore so I will ultimately have that one too. LOL. I have been thinking of getting into S60, and was looking at the E71 as my first S60 device. But, I have to get iPhone 3G and Bold FIRST though.

LOL. What will you do with all these phones :p
Old 07-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #272
Blackberryer

Model: 8830

I wanted the Bold. But after playing with the App Store today and finally seeing what the iPhone can really offer. Well...I have an AT&T store around the bock from me, and an Apple store five minutes walking distance from that.

Tomorrow's gonna be interesting for me.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:08 AM   #273
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccarthy View Post
LOL. What will you do with all these phones :p
Lots of times I give them away. I haven't been doing too much of that lately though. My Curve is going to my oldest son (he is 11), and his Pearl is going to my youngest (he is 7). I am a single dad who has them full time so communication is top priority.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 AM   #274
kmccarthy

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Lots of times I give them away. I haven't been doing too much of that lately though. My Curve is going to my oldest son (he is 11), and his Pearl is going to my youngest (he is 7). I am a single dad who has them full time so communication is top priority.
Woah! Thats pretty cool. Growing up, I wish I had a dad like you. LOL. I just usually hit up eBay with my spare phones
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 AM   #275
skllndy365

Model: 9650
PIN: 3229E14A

Quote:
Wanna throw one or two my way? lol

FREE CASH at:
http://www.cashlagoon.com/?ref=19916
Old 07-11-2008, 04:32 AM   #276
ishphotography
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: 3198987A
Carrier: Sprint

well seeing as the bold and the iphone are both on ATT i say THE HELL WITH BOTH OF THEM..im not switching and i have sprint simply everything and the curve when I get bb OS 4.5 cant tell me NOTHIN! I hate a touch screen this is really heating up though...because I really dont like the iphone and its some hard core iphone junkies...this may turn into 2pac biggie round 1 nas jayz round 2 but BIGGER...LMAO!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #277
johnblackmon

Model: 8310

Quote:
$199 for the 8gb version
$299 for the 16gb version

Plus the 3rd party software list at release is going to be rich. SEGA is putting out a few games, Pangea is too. Developers will flock to the iPhone in droves because of the SDK.

There is absolutely BlackBerry will get software support like the iPhone will because A) Everyone is already looking toward iPhone including big name mobile developers. And B) The SDK is light years beyond what RIM has produced.
This is the same iPhone that wouldn't run third-party apps in the background, right? The one that Apple "fixed" with a hack to push notifications to those apps? That service is not yet available as far as I know.

I have actually used the BlackBerry SDK, and I don't see any objective reason to characterize it as inferior to that for the iPhone. And since the iPhone will never have a JVM without a change in Apple's stance (despite Sun's initial exuberance at the prospect of creating one), the platform is not in my opinion a good target for developers of business-oriented applications. The value per unit time of development just isn't there right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #278
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8320 Curve)

I personally think the 3G version is all a big hype. But that's just me. I do agree that rim needs to improve their applications when looking at the iphone apps, but I don't think they are really that bad. The next few months are really going to change handheld devices. 3 new berries, 1 new iphone, new devices from HTC, probally some more iphone killers, and the obscene amount of crap "smartphones" from Verizon (env, htc touch, env2, etc)

The next few months will be interesting
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #279
curtispgm

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Default Bold vs Iphone 3G

Here is a compare chart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bold vs IphoneG3.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	12155  
Old 07-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #280
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblackmon View Post
This is the same iPhone that wouldn't run third-party apps in the background, right? The one that Apple "fixed" with a hack to push notifications to those apps? That service is not yet available as far as I know.

I have actually used the BlackBerry SDK, and I don't see any objective reason to characterize it as inferior to that for the iPhone. And since the iPhone will never have a JVM without a change in Apple's stance (despite Sun's initial exuberance at the prospect of creating one), the platform is not in my opinion a good target for developers of business-oriented applications. The value per unit time of development just isn't there right now.
I have seen both. Develop on the iPhone SDK and you see IMMEDIATELY that the BlackBerry SDK is inferior. I have used the WM, Palm, and BB extensively over the years and have purchased software for them. BlackBerry has the WEAKEST software library compared to the two. I'm not talking purely about the types of software ... but the quality. The best office suite we have had is eOffice, which looks like an old school newton app, is clunky, and has a crap UI. Anyone who has seen and been around Palm and WM for an extended time will tell you BlackBerry has a very weak library. Why is that? The iPhone developer tools have been out for months and already it looks more promising than it ever has on BlackBerry. The software not only looks modern, but looks like they exceed apps on any other platform.

For a platform that doesn't make a good target for developers .... they are really jumping on board a lot more than the BB platform, which you say makes a good target for developers, yet hardy anyone is developing for it? Doesn't make sense.

Closed Thread