Old 05-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers
Default "Your blackberry ID could not be validated"..... AGAIN

Please Login to Remove!

ok.... now I'm just fed up.

I think the PB has a ton of potential and myself I'd never buy any tablet, but work bought this for me.

Aside from the crazy battery issues that seemed to have resovled themselve (for now)

I'm on my FOURTH issue with App World.

This piece of shit tells me "Your BlackBerry ID could not be validated. Please try again"

Once this happens, I've given it hours and days to fix itself to no avail.

Being that I've found no way to change the AppWorld username and password I'm forced to wipe the whole thing.

This is a horrible horrible flaw, and I'm sick of it.

no mroe AppWorld for me, I'm tired of wiping the device....

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have any idea on how to inpout a new username and password for AppWorld?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: "Your blackberry ID could not be validated"..... AGAIN

What flaw? I have yet to have an App World issue, at least with my BB ID. And according to this BlackBerry tech article, the only way to change the BB ID is to wipe the PlayBook.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
What flaw? I have yet to have an App World issue, at least with my BB ID. And according to this BlackBerry tech article, the only way to change the BB ID is to wipe the PlayBook.
It is a flaw because I'm expereincing it. I've either 'found it' by my use of the device, or something is triggering it.

Either way, this is not the first time it has happened, and I'm a very light user of the PlayBook.

Maybe it isn't a flaw in the sense of "we need to recall it" but it is happening.

I'm perplexed because it once again means, for the 6th time I need to wipe it.

4 times for the BB ID issue and 2 times for my battery issue.

And to top it all off, I'm in the IT industry, I've owned and operated my own comptuer store and I solely support 200 users on Mac, Windows and Linux environments, Blackberries and Playbooks, along with A/V stuff... I'm fairly well rounded in my technical knowledge.

I know my stuff, and I don't think I'm going past a 'general user' experience with the PB so far...

More or less I'm upset because I currently seem to be the only person who's experienced this, AND I don't have the solution... something I'm always expected to have at work.

Thx for clairifying that I gotta wipe it tho... I'm not going to bother, I'll just stop using it for now (at least for app updates or new apps)
Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Cooper, are you sure whether it is the PlayBook, or is it app world? I know for you it doesn't matter when it isn't working. I'm just curious.

I've read many and varied complaints with app world on the handsets.

My instinct is to blame app world. But from your account of things, wiping the PlayBook fixes things, though wiping the handsets and reinstalling the OS also resolves some app world issues.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 05-16-2011 at 04:31 PM..
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Cooper, are you sure whether it is the PlayBook, or is it app world? I know for you it doesn't matter when it isn't working. I'm just curious.

I've read many and varied complaints with app world on the handsets.

My instinct is to blame app world. But from your account of things, wiping the PlayBook fixes things, though wiping the handsets and reinstalling the OS also resolves some app world issues.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
yeah this doesn't seem to apply to any appworld downtime as i can use my torch and get in while the playbook will not login.

very perplexing and confusing... *sadface*
Old 05-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

changing the BB ID associated with the PlayBook is very easy.

Just change the password; you'll be told you need to re login... and boom. ID changed.

---

I was having problems associating my PBook with my BBID for the longest time, too, and as it turns out, it is because the PBook would not support passwords that started with a $.

My password started with a $. i changed the $ to a S and it accepted the password with no problems.

----

Now, to change your password, just google BlackBerry ID. The BBID portal comes up where you can change the password and security question and other things.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerandomguy View Post
changing the BB ID associated with the PlayBook is very easy.

Just change the password; you'll be told you need to re login... and boom. ID changed.

---

I was having problems associating my PBook with my BBID for the longest time, too, and as it turns out, it is because the PBook would not support passwords that started with a $.

My password started with a $. i changed the $ to a S and it accepted the password with no problems.

----

Now, to change your password, just google BlackBerry ID. The BBID portal comes up where you can change the password and security question and other things.
Yeah so about that. I'll give it a try again, BUT I've odne this before and it never asked me to change me password on the PB.

Oh and as of last night, my battery issue came back (80% battery to all of a sudden reporting it is dead) and this morning it is fixed.... so that's more of a problem with the OS reporting battery life when the battery is seemingly fine.

Last edited by Cooper; 05-17-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Closed Thread