Old 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Not Receiving Emails At All

Please Login to Remove!

There is a problem at work concerning the regular daily emails we have been receiving from our boss. At work we have over 200 associates, each with various email addresses, and some with various smartphone devices. For those of us with @carrier.blackberry.net addresses, our daily emails are simply not coming to us. Is there a reason why, and how can that be fixed?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Not Receiving Emails At All

You should not be using the @carrier.blackberry.net. Those are user specific and can only be read and/or responded to on your BB itself. There is no web mail option. It is not SPAM filtered nor can you move the address to another device or carrier when you leave your BB.

Where are you trying to read them, the device itself or on another device or PC? Have you received these messages previously? We need more information please.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

What Dubdub says is true. But something doesn't make sense if every one with the hosted BlackBerry address is not getting the messages. What have you done to troubleshoot? What experimenting? Are all the hosted email address with the same carrier? Are these people getting email at these addresses otherwise, just not that daily email?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

There is not much to clarify. I have been receiving the work emails to my att.blackberry.net address for the past three years without problem. My co-worker, whose smartphone receives the daily emails to his Hotmail account, still receives them without problem. My boss told me that I am not alone in this problem, as other associates stopped receiving the daily emails to their carrier.blackberry.net addresses. My email is ATT.blackberry.net, and it may be a good idea to check if others with that same address have also stopped receiving them? Anyhow, I asked because perhaps someone from these forums may have had the same issue and may know.

There seems to be nothing wrong with my ATT.blackberry.net address. I just sent email from my desktop to the device without problem. The only thing that may trigger an email block is that the daily emails we receive from work are addressed to over 200 associates, so perhaps ATT.blackberry.net has a spam filter that was recently added a few days ago? Remember, I have been receiving the daily updates without problem for the past three years up until October 2, and I am not the only one with this problem. For now, I will wait a few more days to see if the problem resolves itself before I have to set up a separate web-based email (groan).
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

You can try deleting that email account from your device and then re-adding it. Sometimes that solves connectivity issues with a carrier email address.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

If you are getting other email, then I doubt there is a problem with the account. Deleting the address from BIS and adding it back may be worth a try, but you will lose all the emails you have received at a hosted email address when you do that.

I know people say there is no spam filter on the hosted email address, but I'm not sure. I tend to think that like most things, RIM doesn't say much one way or the other. I do know I will get a spam message a few times and then it stops. I suspect RIM does spam filtering. If everyone on a carrier.blackberry.net address is not receiving that one message but is receiving other email, a spam filter could be an explanation.

I think your best solution is to switch to another address for the time being. As Dubdub pointed out above, you will at least be able to check for the message on another platform if it doesn't show up on the BlackBerry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread