Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
vandit2k8

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default 8320 curve tmobile can't surf with wifi browser

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I am a new user of the curve I never had BB before and I have a tmobile. So for example I am at work right now and I have the green check mark next to my wifi and its actually uma. I put in the security key all that stuff. So I set my browser to be wi fi browser and I am just simply trying to go to like any page and it keeps giving me: Unable to connect to internet error or something. Again no data plan here I think just email plan for like 10 bux which I will cancel as soon as I get my rebate back. So after reading a few threads here I see that ppl are having problems with applications but this is wi fi browser I am talking about. If you guys could help me resolve this issue that would be great.

Any help would be greately appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
vandit2k8

So here's more information that I found when I ran wi fi diagnostics it says Status: Ip address no longer valid and in the local ip address field there's nothing there. I think that might be a problem. Would anyone know how I can resolve this thanks. Again remember I have green check mark there.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
vandit2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
It sounds like you need to reconnect to the wireless network you are trying to use. Not having an IP address will most certainly mean you won't be able to surf the Internet.

Dave
Yea Dave I keep reconnecting its not like assigning ip I even tried to do like entering an ip and DNS and Subnet mask and still nothing very weird. Do you know anything about this.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
sgtcasey

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
vandit2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
The network you are trying to connect to could be doing some sort of MAC address filtering. Or they could have turned off DHCP. Or they could have run out of available IP addresses in the DHCP pool.

Your best option would probably be to speak with whoever manages the network you're trying to use.

Dave
Yea the thing is that I dont know at work its giving me green check mark right and it says DHCP is checked its not populating tho Local Ip Address it also says Ip address is invalid in the status DNS and Gateway are not populated and some other stuff is not populated either so I am actually very confused as to what is happening at my work. At home its a lil bit different I get yellow box and such and its still can't browse internet. So I am at work right now I have to wait till I get home to see whats up because I dont actually have access to that router at work but at home its my own I get full acess so. Thanks tho.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
vandit2k8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandit2k8 View Post
Yea the thing is that I dont know at work its giving me green check mark right and it says DHCP is checked its not populating tho Local Ip Address it also says Ip address is invalid in the status DNS and Gateway are not populated and some other stuff is not populated either so I am actually very confused as to what is happening at my work. At home its a lil bit different I get yellow box and such and its still can't browse internet. So I am at work right now I have to wait till I get home to see whats up because I dont actually have access to that router at work but at home its my own I get full acess so. Thanks tho.
Anyway so here's what I tried today at home I started getting the green checkbox. However still no ip address. So then what I did was I went to Mobile Network options and turned on Data Services I wasn't sure what that exactly does I thought that was gonna use data plan but then I was like I never order the data plan so I was a lil bit confused about what that function exactly does so I turned that one on and then bam I got ip address and all that stuff I went to google web page all fine then I downloaded gmail and tried going there to gmail but it gave me some interesting error. But then I could go to gmail right from google web page so. After doing some research right on here ppl are saying I need some BB enabler right? If thats the case or not could you explain on how would I get gmail to work. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
sgtcasey

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 05:53 PM..
Old 12-22-2007, 01:44 AM   #9
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Yep, data services-off stops all data on the BB.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
vandit2k8

So do I need that BB enabler thing for the gmail to work?
Closed Thread