Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #261
billclark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWorx
I think we are being quite fair bill. How much did you pay for the other 4 programs?
Not more than $20. 2 of these programs were purchased when I had my 8700, so that makes this Pearl the 3rd device they've provided registration keys for. Software developers for the Blackberry platform are few and far between, especially the ones who write useful, quality programs, so it doesn't benefit me or any other Blackberry user to pirate Blackberry software. While there will always be that smaller group that will pirate software, I'm sure you'll find that you'll always have more paying customers, but alienate them, and you'll wind up with nothing.

Quote:
How many times do you expect to get additional keys? How are we to know if your handheld really broke or if you are just requesting keys for your friends?
I expect any company/person I pay to provide me with a product or service to guarantee, to the best of their ability, that I'm able to use said product or service on my smartphone, regardless of how many times I upgrade or replace the device. Would you expect your auto dealership to tell you they will no longer service your vehicle because you replaced the floormats?

It's fine by me if you want to label each of your customers crooks, you're entitled to do whatever you'd like. It's your business. On the other side of that coin, though, I'm just as entitled to express my feeling that your not doing your paying customers any favors by labeling them crooks.

Quote:
And just so you know, with Windows, you are only allowed to activate on 2 computers.
As a Systems Admin for a Fortune 500, I am well aware of Windows licensing restrictions and requirements. However, I never mentioned anything about Windows. I did mention Office, and there are no "multiple machine" restrictions in Office licensing, other than the One License, One Machine deal that you'll find in any software. They don't, however, lock you into buying another license should your computer die or be otherwise replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
Last year I was put through the third degree with Adobe Acrobat Professional [a $500 program]. The guy gave me the code but said they would not do it again.
Been there before That tends to be a pain in the neck, especially when our graphic designers are getting new Macs every year and a half. I suppose in my case it may be a little easier to strongarm Adobe into honoring their license agreements than it would be for the average consumer, because I can threaten to take away $100K a year in revenue from them by switching my company over to one of the many freely available PDF creators/editors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubrand
Doesn't surprise me, and I don't blame them. I mean, people are blatant enough to ask right on this message board if they can have someone's registration code, and this was for a 5 dollar program.
True, people have and continue to ask for registration codes on these message boards...even for cheap programs. Compare the total number of posts on this forum to the total number of posts asking for a registration code for ANY program. I'm willing to bet that it's a pretty small number...

When I was your age, Pluto was still a planet.

Last edited by billclark; 04-04-2007 at 04:12 PM..
Old 04-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #262
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Can some moderator move to the rant section the posts discussing things other than the actual program.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #263
mpallo

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudgy
works great !!, just a question though how come blackberry hadn't enabled this with there O/S? i mean what was the point of having the difference coloured LED"s in there? are they used for something else normally? i've only had my pearl for a little while but i haven't seen the ball light up any other colour.

thanks, and great work to the developer .
Yeah it is really kind of baffling. Today everyone wants to customize. I would have to think that showing this phone off in various marketing capacities hightlighting the fact that the pearlball could be changed to different colors would be a huge selling point alone.

Thank you developer!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #264
jojobarahona

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cellular one

ok so i have this small problem with the lighting problem. I have it set on 15 seconds for time out but it will stay on forever even after the screen and keyboard lights time out it will only turn off if i put it into a case with a sleeper magnet. I am still using the trial version. Any help? Do i need to register it? and i think its really killing my battery life because i will be lucky if it lasts me a day granted Ive had it for about a week and am on it all the time.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 AM   #265
blaiwesd

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

what's new in the 1.5 update?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:16 AM   #266
casty

Carrier: movistar

CWorx,

Thanks for your private message and your interest. The light works again since I started the music player

Maybe, acv is right about the environment, although I'm in the same environment than yesterday now it is lightning...

Maybe I was too paranoid
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #267
CWorx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobarahona
ok so i have this small problem with the lighting problem. I have it set on 15 seconds for time out but it will stay on forever even after the screen and keyboard lights time out it will only turn off if i put it into a case with a sleeper magnet. I am still using the trial version. Any help? Do i need to register it? and i think its really killing my battery life because i will be lucky if it lasts me a day granted Ive had it for about a week and am on it all the time.
Buy the program, uninstall the program, or upgrade the program. Either option will fix your problem. But only the first one will allow you to have a colored trackball.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #268
Ketchums

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

My trial is up, and while I don't see the program as absolutely necessary, I still might purchase it, just because it may be cool to use now and then.

But lately, esp. w/the new hardware update, I've been growing to appreciate the white pearlball a lot recently.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #269
duramaxlb7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmo

do I need the desktop software to install this? any other way?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #270
zachberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

up graded to the 1.5 today! the blinking ball is a great touch! a dude at a restraunt saw my ball blinking....errrr you know.....any way he had a pearl and wanted to know how I got that...pointed him to the blackberryforums
Old 04-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #271
GregH-BBPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Nice, I bought it. I'm green, always on!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #272
Clitt70

Carrier: Rogers
Default Excellent program But...

Bought it and love and love the red. Although alot of the time it is more pink than red... Not the programs fault though! Any one else have problems with the brightness of the screen and Trackball fadding in and out?? Almost like a voltage drop.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #273
Teknojunkee

Model: 7100i

A+++ in my book.

Jealousy is evident amongst my friends and I wont tell them where I got it haha
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #274
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

Finally caved and installed the app..

Works pretty damn well..
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #275
GrayPenguin

PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitt70
Bought it and love and love the red. Although alot of the time it is more pink than red... Not the programs fault though! Any one else have problems with the brightness of the screen and Trackball fadding in and out?? Almost like a voltage drop.
This is the infamous auto-dim feature. To prevent the ball fading I used the tape mod as described in this (link) tread to change the color of the trackball. That way even when the white led comes on with the back light, it will just glow the same color as the program changes it to.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #276
Arcane

Nice program. I've had no trouble with it.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #277
cenner

PIN: 23E57F7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknojunkee
A+++ in my book.

That is hilarious! Keep'em begging you for it. =)

:: Black BlackBerry Pearl on T-Mobile w/ 1GB MicroSD ::
:: BSE Skin - Version 4.2.1.66 BIS ::
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #278
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

Ok I think I am going to have to buy this

or not. When I first started using it the blue was really blue. After about 15 seconds of looking like a really sweet dark blue, it dims and goes back to a very faint blue. What gives? It actually looks like the blue and white LEDs are on, so it is making it a lighter blue instead of a dark blue :(

Last edited by rpfeffer; 04-06-2007 at 08:23 AM..
Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #279
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknojunkee
A+++ in my book.

You mean "envious" I assume.

When I am on the bus I can see everyone sneaking constant peeks at my Pearl wondering what that cool glowing thing is on my phone.

They really go crazy when the Pearl is glowing brightly, they can see the lit keypad [meaning they can tell it's a cell phone] and there is a video playing. I am sure they are wondering "What the hell is that cool looking phone?"

I am glad I'm the one with the Pearl instead of doing the furtive voyeur routine.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #280
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpfeffer
Ok I think I am going to have to buy this

or not. When I first started using it the blue was really blue. After about 15 seconds of looking like a really sweet dark blue, it dims and goes back to a very faint blue. What gives? It actually looks like the blue and white LEDs are on, so it is making it a lighter blue instead of a dark blue :(
Read all the posts in this thread. It's talked about ad nauseum.
Closed Thread