Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
wemis

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Question New 8530 User Question

Please Login to Remove!

I just bought my first Blackberry and I have a few questions. If you'll can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated! First off, I am going to use it on Boost Mobile. I've done some research on here and some people say that's a mistake and some people say it's a great thing. I also read that some people are putting hybrid OS's on their devices. What is the advantage to doing this? Is this something I should do with my device being on Boost Mobile? I'm assuming this would cause warranty issues though I'm sure I could wipe the device and put an original OS back on it. I'm very technically inclined and have no problem "experimenting" with my device if it's advised. I'm just kind of lost on where to start. Is there a guide to what newbies should do with their BB's? I'd greatly appreciate it if you'll could advise me! Thanks! Chad
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: New 8530 User Question

First off, please do not double post. Once is enough. Your second thread has been deleted.

If you are new to the BB, and going to use it on Boost, I would stay away from anything other than the stock OS. Boost is going to do some magic and flash it anyway. It is tough enough to get it to work properly without the problems of a hybrid OS. At least that is what I have been told.

As for a guide, read the user guide. Read our FAQ. Read through the 8500 section. Play with the device. use it. Find out what it can and cannot do before you go trying to fix what isn't broken.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 01-31-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
wemis

Carrier: Boost Mobile

I apologize for that. Thanks for your input. I will use it the way it comes and see what happens. I'll do some more research as well. I hope that Boost doesn't lock the device down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good experience but we will see what happens. Thanks again!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
echojames

Carrier: Boost

I have an 8530 with Boost also, I've also upgraded-downgraded various operating systems on the device without a single issue. it came with .654 installed and after trying the newest.1030 and a couple others I've settled on .886 for me it's the fastest and most stable.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
mauatrig

Carrier: boost mobile

Hi all I need some help I also bought some days ago an 8530 for boost mobile, I don't know what OS came with it, but after upgrading to .1030 and downgrading to .395 I am having some problems, when I try to send SMS etc and try to change from suretype to multitap, I just can't the option does not exist with either OS any clue is the original one from factory didn't have it either? is that the way it is set up for boost?
Please let me know what to do to be able to switch to multitap, trried battery pull out and nothing, the OS that you have .886 would have it?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
echojames

Carrier: Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauatrig View Post
Hi all I need some help I also bought some days ago an 8530 for boost mobile, I don't know what OS came with it, but after upgrading to .1030 and downgrading to .395 I am having some problems, when I try to send SMS etc and try to change from suretype to multitap, I just can't the option does not exist with either OS any clue is the original one from factory didn't have it either? is that the way it is set up for boost?
Please let me know what to do to be able to switch to multitap, trried battery pull out and nothing, the OS that you have .886 would have it?
Look in: Options > Language and text input, click on: Show Text Input Options and enable what you prefer. Then scroll down to: Enable Quick Selection, set to yes it you like. This is what I have in the .886 OS.
Closed Thread