BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #41
plakius
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

OMG ... This is amazing .. i was skeptical when i first read this thread .... i guess my business cards are thick cause when i folded it twice i had no flex ... so i just layed a square of it in there ... i feel that my speed has increased by at least 1/2 and in a paragraph i typed i had not one error ... I really can't believe that .. Thanks!!!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #42
sokkermick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

I took one of my business cards, cut to pieces the size of the battery, put them on top of the battery, and put the door back on. Big difference, the screen is more 'clicky'.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #43
theblackberryboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

thank you !
Old 11-28-2008, 02:33 AM   #44
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A

Interesting fix, I do sense a difference when doing this, but I'm not sure it's any better or worse... just different. I'll keep the business card in there for a while then take it out and see how it feels then.

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 11-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #45
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is the plastic credit card idea to thick?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #46
exhaust_note

works awesome
Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #47
trella1

Carrier: VZW

Jeez. I was a bit skeptical, but this greatly improved my dexterity and speed with the qwerty keyboard. The corners are "clicky" now. I did the exact same as @sokkermick and cut a piece of business card to fit battery, then cut another piece the same size and layed on the battery just underneath the door.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #48
zechariahs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Apparently I'm missing something. Isn't there a piece of metal between the screen and the battery compartment? I took out my battery, put a few fingers on that metal plate and pressed the screen. I didn't feel any give on the metal plate. Although I did see the screen moving through the two holes at the top of the plate. Can someone fill me in on what the problem was and why this works?

Tumblog: http://www.geekkink.com
Blog: http://www.zechariahs.org/blog
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #49
rwilliamtaylor

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Hmmm.. Not a new problem for Blackberry. I've had post it notes stuck to the battery in my 8830 for years. I'm going to give it a try on my Storm.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #50
dasunst3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
Okay, I am going to go have 10,000 business cards printed. They will say BlackBerry Storm Touchscreen Adjuster and have a printed fold mark. Sell them for $5 a piece plus shipping ?? Any takers?
Sadly, those cards are probably more effective than those cell phone antenna booster stickers that we see back in the cell phone boom.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #51
jskolm85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I did this little trick also. Works great. I can tell a difference, not sure if it was better or worse, but it seems better to me.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #52
EGILL

Model: Storm

Just did this and it works great. Typing is very smooth now.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #53
wild satchmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechariahs View Post
Apparently I'm missing something. Isn't there a piece of metal between the screen and the battery compartment? I took out my battery, put a few fingers on that metal plate and pressed the screen. I didn't feel any give on the metal plate. Although I did see the screen moving through the two holes at the top of the plate. Can someone fill me in on what the problem was and why this works?
You're overthinking this a bit. You can just throw a business card under the back cover (over the battery) and it will still work. Just tightens everything up.

Problem is the screen is one large button which is physically located under the center of the screen. Corners are much less sensitive as a result. Also note that not EVERY phone has a problem with click sensitivity from what I understand.

Sometimes the corners barely click as a result and can cause you to mistype when typing quickly.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #54
Masterteee89
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just tried this and it seems to be a little better.. but this wont hurt it right??

Sorry for the stupid question but im a little OCD i guess you can say! I like to keep my devices perfect. haha!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #55
ryanjason310

Hey I just joined the Forum because i wanna thank you soooooooo much for this. Its absolutely insane. I am typing so fast now im in complete shock that a small buisness card could make such a huge difference. I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!! I just also wanna know if it can cause any possible future damage? For now i will enjoy it!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #56
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Here's what somebody else posted about this. He also tried a card the same size and the battery underneath, and tried moving the small dime-sized card underneath around, using a piece on top as well. He said his original way was by far the best (his post quoted below):
Mine didn't "click" at all in the corners so I figured I'd try it... I got a business card (my cards are thick card stock, so I didn't have to fold it in half) and cut one piece about the size of a dime (but square). I removed the battery and placed the small piece along the bottom, centered horizontally, so that it was just to the left of the battery contact points. I put the battery back in and put another piece of the business card on top of the battery and replaced the battery cover. This was a fantastic improvement!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #57
Hebdog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: Some leters and numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
I always enjoy it more without the rubber on too ;)
LMFAO!!!!! Thats good stuff right there!!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #58
Hebdog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: Some leters and numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
I found another really neat trick too. You take two hundred dollar bills, place them on top of each other, carefully fold them in half, then place them in the nearest trash receptacle. And that's pretty much what you are doing if the brand new phone you just bought needs to be physically modified in order to work decent.

I can understand that software glitches than can be fixed, but I dont feel like calling up McGuyver just to type out an email on my phone. This is rediculous.

WOW....you must have never modified anything ever in your life to improve its performance. Bet you don't work out either cause your body was so perfect at birth you did not see the need to modify it right?

Come on people if you don't want to do this then don't. If you don't like the phone take back. I mean its a new device that JUST came out. If you went and bought it cause you wanted it first, then you should have known it would have problems.

**END RANT**
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #59
Sia Bani
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

I have what appears to be a piece of thin cardboard or wood already in there! I can't get a card to slide in at all...so maybe they put in a fix, or some of yours doesn't have that brown 1mm thick piece in there?!?!?
Old 12-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #60
sv61786

Model: Storm

I LOVE whoever figured this out!!! The bottom left of my screen (when holding phone horizontal) would not click unless i pressed it really hard. I would have errors typing all the time, but this fixed it right up and now I dont have to send it back. THANK YOU!!

btw I used a piece of the white cardboard box that came with my blackberry. (the box with the power cord in it) Works like a charm.

Last edited by sv61786; 12-11-2008 at 12:48 AM..
Closed Thread