Old 10-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
jomolungma
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default Unable to receive even tmo.blackberry.net mail

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there....

I've searched and searched and can't find the answer to this. I got a Pearl today through T-Mobile, and I have 14 days to eval before finalizing my decision. As part of my eval I'm trying to use the whole email thing, both push and POP. I've set up a tmo.black.... email address and my Yahoo! account address through my.t-mobile.com. However, I'm not receiving anything.... no emails at all. In my phone's options menu I now have a listing for both email addresses. I was able to successfully send an email from the phone through the tmo account to my gmail account. I've sent my service books several times. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a period of time I have to wait before these things kick in? I keep getting an email from donotreply... saying my BB Internet Service Account is now active, but I don't get any of the emails I'm sending to either the push tmo account or the POP Yahoo account. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Stu
Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Send yourself the sevice books again and register on the network again. Options > advanced options > host routing table > menu > register now..
Pull your battery and reboot and see if that helps. If that dos not work call T-mobile im sure they are going to say you have to wait 72 hours but just try anyway.
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
jomolungma

Default Outage?

Thanks for the quick response! I did all the steps you mentioned, including calling T-Mobile. While I was on the phone they said there is a partial outage today because of upgrades at T-Mobile. This might explain why I'm not getting any mail. They said to keep an eye on it and call back tomorrow if it still hasn't received any of the mail I sent, which I'll do. In the meantime I guess I'll just try and figure out the rest of the phone. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #4
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

resending your service book is the best way to fix email problems.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
jomolungma

Default Service Books sent... over and over and over...

Thanks Flash... I did send the service books... several times... even had the T-Mobile tech send one while I was on the line... I get messages telling me my Internet Service is active about once every 10 minutes (which, I gather, is a result of the service book being sent)... but I don't get any other mail... I'm gonna go to sleep and see if things are brighter in the AM....
Old 10-30-2006, 01:46 AM   #6
newyorkbrit

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default outage

Hey there, just confirming it's an outage issue with T-MO. I - and a few other friends - have had the same problems today. T-MO confirmed over the phone.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
Hizzy

That email you are getting that says do not reply... that is because the BB desktop manager was installed for a BES (exchange service). You are going to have to uninstall Blackberry Desktop Manager, and then reinstall it, but make sure you install it for Internet Service.

Normal provisioning for Blackberry phones is 48-72 hours. Try deleting those service books on your phone, by highlighting them, press menu button, and then delete. Next thing you want to do is pull the battery out of the device. After it is done loading you can resend yourself the service books from tmobile.com or from host routing table on the device.

Another thing you want to verify is that your phone displays capital EDGE, if it is lower case, or if it says GSM that means your internet isn't working. I hope this all works!!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Nice try hizzy but that is not his issue. Even when on BIS you get a email saying your account is active from each email account you set up. His problem has to do with T-mobiles outage. T-mobile would have to have him set up on a BEA plan which they do not since he called and confirmed his BIS is active. Just give it some time should be working today.
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #9
jomolungma

Default Glory glory!

Alright! Thanks everyone for your help, but it seems like TMO was the ultimate culprit. I have finally started receiving my blackberry.net email and it is awesome. And unlike what the tech told me last night, it's automatic push... I've been sending emails from my laptop, then watching the phone, and I'm averaging 4-6 seconds from the time it leaves my outbox to the time it hits my phone. That's amazing. Looks like this Pearl is a keeper....

Thanks again for all your help!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
StarmanDX

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

The BB push mail is extremely fast - I sent myself a message from my hotmail account to my gmail account and the message light was blinking when I pulled the BB out of my pocket to see how long it would take!

Oh, and welcome to BBForums!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #11
phoenix180

PIN: 240F7D38
Carrier: T-mobile

This is a really dumb question that I'm asking but since I'm experiencing the same problem..is it because I set the filters on the tmobile website to "not forward messages to device"? I set them because everytime I wrote a test message I received a copy and so after doing a search here I believe someone did the same..not sure-could be on pinstack as well. My bb mail is working perfectly..its the gmail that's not working properly in terms of receiving messages. Well sorry if it seems longwinded..first time bb user ever. Thanks for your time!

**nevermind-everything is working-I'm getting a copy every time I send a message but I have already read the several posts regarding a filter so I'm going to work on setting it up properly**

Last edited by phoenix180; 11-04-2006 at 02:49 AM..
Closed Thread