HAPPYTREE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone (UK)
Default Account Additon Problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All

Just a quick one really. I have tried adding my email account, registers fine to my 16GB PlayBook. Added twitter as well, seems fine.

However, when I go into "Messages", there is a a yellow triangle warning saying "Unable to connect to server".

I can send emails from my PB and I can connect wirelessly to browse the net too. Any ideas whats causing this?

I should add the caveat that I have done a complete system wipe and reinstallation of the newest OS2, version 2.01.358 (for the United Kingdom). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
HAPPYTREE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: Account Additon Problem

Any ideas folks?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I (and I know others) have issues with email such as you describe, but in my case I do not receive email until I fix it. Sometimes the PlayBook connects again on its own without me doing anything. Often the fix is as simple as open the email setup screen and saving. Sometimes I have to re-enter the password and save. One time (for a Yahoo hosted email account) I had to go to Yahoo account setup and remove the approved mobile device connections.

I would looke at doing the above, though I'm not sure you don't have a different issue. But see if any of the above steps work. Also do some researh and make sure you are using the right servers. For exampe I understand there are different hotmail servers and not one for everyone. Otherwise I don't know what is causing the issue.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

I only have trouble with Yahoo accounts. My experience has been the same as aiharkness's.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
HAPPYTREE
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I (and I know others) have issues with email such as you describe, but in my case I do not receive email until I fix it. Sometimes the PlayBook connects again on its own without me doing anything. Often the fix is as simple as open the email setup screen and saving. Sometimes I have to re-enter the password and save. One time (for a Yahoo hosted email account) I had to go to Yahoo account setup and remove the approved mobile device connections.

I would looke at doing the above, though I'm not sure you don't have a different issue. But see if any of the above steps work. Also do some researh and make sure you are using the right servers. For exampe I understand there are different hotmail servers and not one for everyone. Otherwise I don't know what is causing the issue.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Thanks for the tips.

I have indeed checked all the settings and am of the opinion its a device-specific issue so I'm taking it back to the store later to see what they say.
Closed Thread