Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #241
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acv
I must be doing something wrong, change TCP, disable firewall, disable proxy setting and stil nothing, I'm in Mexcico Telcel Carrier, any idea guys, I would love to have BB Today but still not working, thanks in advance.
Are you able to download/install?

If so, do you have 'Disable MDS Proxy' (under Preferences) checked or unchecked? Should be unchecked.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #242
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: 2054EB76
Carrier: Telcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
Are you able to download/install?

If so, do you have 'Disable MDS Proxy' (under Preferences) checked or unchecked? Should be unchecked.
Checked or unchecked, still not working, double check the TCP settings according to blacberryfaq.com and nothing, I downloaded the application OTA. still getting the "open tunnel - failure sorry, this is my first BB.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:21 AM   #243
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acv
Checked or unchecked, still not working, double check the TCP settings according to blacberryfaq.com and nothing, I downloaded the application OTA. still getting the "open tunnel - failure sorry, this is my first BB.
Before trying an uninstall / reinstall, try a simple battery-pull to reset the device. Remove battery cover -> pull battery out -> leave it out at least 30 seconds -> pop the battery back in and let the phone register with your towers, etc before you try opening any apps. After it's ready, try opening BBToday.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #244
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Before trying an uninstall / reinstall, try a simple battery-pull to reset the device. Remove battery cover -> pull battery out -> leave it out at least 30 seconds -> pop the battery back in and let the phone register with your towers, etc before you try opening any apps. After it's ready, try opening BBToday.
Nothing, I'm begining to think that the TCP settings for my carrier might be wrong, the problem is I call customer support and they had no idea what was I talking, so I might have to live without BB Today. opera mini didn't work either.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #245
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acv
Nothing, I'm begining to think that the TCP settings for my carrier might be wrong, the problem is I call customer support and they had no idea what was I talking, so I might have to live without BB Today. opera mini didn't work either.
Sounds like a likely culprit (TCP settings). But, since you obviously were able to connect long enough to grab the OTA download I was holding out that you would have better luck after a program uninstall/reinstall. These days, I routinely do a battery-pull after any install from having experienced some of these difficulties.

Just curious, were you using the standard browser when you got the BBToday download?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #246
acv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Sounds like a likely culprit (TCP settings). But, since you obviously were able to connect long enough to grab the OTA download I was holding out that you would have better luck after a program uninstall/reinstall. These days, I routinely do a battery-pull after any install from having experienced some of these difficulties.

Just curious, were you using the standard browser when you got the BBToday download?
I've been using the BB browser, as I haven't been able to use any other, I brwose as long as I the browser let me due to capabilities and such, I can browse just fine, check emails and everything, just not use this app, I did the battery pull as suggested. I'll keep on trying customer support, as I donn't know anybody first handed to own a blackberry. thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #247
hyedipin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile 2001-2007, AT&T 8/26/07 ->

Anyone has screenshots of this with 8300?