Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Blackberrynerdlover

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Angry Blackberry 8820 Red Flashing Light

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, i am a new blackberry user and i just recently got my blackberry 8820 and not long afterwards the phone would not charge at all and then after about two hours of trying to charge it, the phone shut off and all that it would do is flash a red light. i read online that what the problem is depends on how often the light flashes so..... The light turns on for 4 seconds and then turns off for 3, then turns back on for 4 seconds and so on. Also when connecting it to the computer, when the red light would turn on, the computer would make the normal sound of a device being plugged into the usb port as it should, and then when the light turns back off, the computer makes the normal sound of the device being disconnected and so on over and over again. Based on this information im assuming it has to do with the boot process and that its stuck in it.... does anyone else have any tips for me?? Please help!! ALSO: i have already tried the soft, hard and master reset with the AppLoader. When using the AppLoader to reinstall or update the OS, it would get as far as to erase old and install all the new apps and then as soon as it tried to initialize on the blackberry it would start flashing again and then a little while later it would say that it could not connect to the device.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream
Default Re: Blackberry 8820 Red Flashing Light

First, please don't use fancy font stuff like Italics. It makes your post hard to read. Second, use paragraphs. They make a post easy to read.

Based on your symptoms, the device has either been dropped or as water damage. I would not waste any efforts on fixing it, just get a new device. The 8820 is very old and will cost more than it's worth to fix.