Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:43 PM   #21
elfire.sol
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythmbHurts
Just got the email. I loaded the ,alx file via DM on my desktop and did what you said in your last post. Seams to load fine and work so far I'm about to test the call blocking will give you an update soon

Thank you

Awesome! Thanks! Let me know of anything you find that you would like to comment about - bugs, want new features, anything at all.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:53 PM   #22
elfire.sol

Default An important note

If you are connected to a BES server, you may need special instructions to set the Key Injection permission. Just send me a PM or email and I'll get them to you. I'm about to bundle them in a new version I'm working on, along with some other cool features.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
daqie

Model: 9800
PIN: 27C9B8C1
Carrier: AT&T
Question BerryBlocker Testing...

I loaded the application. However when I tried changing the Keystroke Injection, I was unable. The only selection that could be made was Deny. I tried testing the software anyway. Unfortunately it didn't work. I have a 7100g running OS 4.1. My carrier is Cingular. I'm not sure if any of this information helps. I would really love for it to work. My phone prior to purchasing the Blackberry was a Nokia Series 60 Smartphone (3620). And I had purchased a similar program, called BlackList. I loved it. And missed the fact that the BlackBerry had no similar program. So getting this to work on my phone would be fantastic. Thanks in advance for your help.

~Daquel

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfire.sol
I am sending trial software out right now to everyone. I've also uploaded a new trial version to handango.com, so it should be up there by tomorrow at the latest. Thank you all for your interest, it's quite refreshing.

If anyone has any bugs, comments, or suggestions for features - please feel free to send me a message, I'm very open to them.

Everyone who is testing this out, please keep in mind you have to go through a special setup....

Installation requires modification of application permissions. After installing, go into Options --> Security --> Application Permissions. Locate and click on berryblocker, then select Edit Permissions. Expand the Interactions group and change Keystroke Injection to Allow (default is Deny). Save the new settings, perform a hard reboot of the Blackberry and you're ready to go.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #24
elfire.sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqie
I loaded the application. However when I tried changing the Keystroke Injection, I was unable. The only selection that could be made was Deny. I tried testing the software anyway. Unfortunately it didn't work. I have a 7100g running OS 4.1. My carrier is Cingular. I'm not sure if any of this information helps. I would really love for it to work. My phone prior to purchasing the Blackberry was a Nokia Series 60 Smartphone (3620). And I had purchased a similar program, called BlackList. I loved it. And missed the fact that the BlackBerry had no similar program. So getting this to work on my phone would be fantastic. Thanks in advance for your help.

~Daquel

It sounds like you have a classic case of "connected to BES". Some people may need special instructions to get the application working if connected to a BES. I'll forward them over to you now, if anyone else only has the "Deny" option, let me know and I'll get you the BES instructions. These will be packaged in the upcoming release.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #25
daqie

Model: 9800
PIN: 27C9B8C1
Question BlackBerry Testing...

I got your instructions. However, Unfortunately I'm on a hosted BES (Link2Exchange) with no access to the server. Is there another work around? Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfire.sol
It sounds like you have a classic case of "connected to BES". Some people may need special instructions to get the application working if connected to a BES. I'll forward them over to you now, if anyone else only has the "Deny" option, let me know and I'll get you the BES instructions. These will be packaged in the upcoming release.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #26
elfire.sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqie
I got your instructions. However, Unfortunately I'm on a hosted BES (Link2Exchange) with no access to the server. Is there another work around? Thanks again.

Unfortunately there is not one, I will investigate further to see if something might be available though.

RIM does not provide the necessary means to disconnect telephone calls through their provided API and through my discussions with them in the past they have no plans on releasing that functionality at this time. So key injection has been the only way I've found to get this to work properly.

If RIM ever does release an API that contains the necessary things to do this, I will be certain to update the code and give everyone free upgrades.

In the meantime though, those connected to a BES that cannot modify the BES settings will likely not get it to work. I've put up a requirements notification on handango about this that should appear tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #27
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

I’m suffering from the same problem as above. I can’t change the Keystroke Injection.

-MrKyoo
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #28
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

great program I must say it has worked with no problems what so ever on my 7100i. It very simple to set up and select which calls to come through and which ones to block! Two thumbs up in my book!!
I would tell everyone I know just how great this works for those unwated calls. I'm very happy someone thought of making such a great tools. It makes my BB so much more enjoyable to use on a daily bases. Thank you so Much
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 06-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #29
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Good program. A bug that I see is that if you choose a name that has multiple # your program prompts to pick which # but if you choose any # but the first it still picks the first #.

Do we get a free copy after testing this
Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #30
driguez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

i would love to try it and give feedback [email address]

PIN: 401269DB
Googletalk: driguez77
Old 06-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #31
elfire.sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Good program. A bug that I see is that if you choose a name that has multiple # your program prompts to pick which # but if you choose any # but the first it still picks the first #.

Thank you, good catch - I'll work that one into the next release coming very soon.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:30 PM   #32
QuietStorm21A

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

i would like to try this software out also [email address]
Old 06-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #33
balibe
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067

I doubt it

I got tired of the 7-day prompt everytime I started it, so I deleted it from BB before I got a chance to evaluate it. I can understand the trial while we test/debug this for free, but not the constant prompt. I will just continue wth my unwanted calls as I have been.

balibe@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
"The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"
Old 06-22-2006, 03:12 AM   #34
elfire.sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by balibe
I doubt it

I got tired of the 7-day prompt everytime I started it, so I deleted it from BB before I got a chance to evaluate it. I can understand the trial while we test/debug this for free, but not the constant prompt. I will just continue wth my unwanted calls as I have been.
No actually, people that have been providing feedback I have been giving free unlock codes to. I've given out 5 or so already. I'd really like feedback on all parts of the program, including the free trial parts - this is my first Blackberry program and I've never made a trial version before so I'm kind of unfamiliar with them.

Right now the message saying you are running the trial version only comes up on the main screen when you go into it to change settings. If anyone has any suggestions as to another better way to let people know they are running the trial version, by all means please let me know. I'm totally open to suggestions and feedback.

I'm about to release a new version with all kinds of features and changes based on feedback I've received so far.

So, yep, anyone who provides me with good feedback will certainly be getting a free copy for their own personal use.

Last edited by elfire.sol; 06-22-2006 at 03:15 AM..
Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 AM   #35
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Will the users on BES be able to take advantage of the new version?

Keeping fingers crossed.

-MrKyoo
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #36
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

I have been playing with this on and off, other then my first post, program works pretty well with little issues. I think overall the program is well done for the stage that it is at. I'm looking forward to any new releases.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #37
elfire.sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo
Will the users on BES be able to take advantage of the new version?

Keeping fingers crossed.

-MrKyoo

I sure hope so, I'll let you know how I progress on the workaround for those who can't configure BES.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #38
elfire.sol

I've just posted a new version of this up (probably won't be updated til tomorrow). The following things have been changed based on the great feedback I've received so far.

1) "change option" now appears at the top of the menu, default selected

2) clean up UI

3) prefix (wildcard) filtering for adding numbers to your allow/deny lists. If you want to block an entire area code for example, simply enter the first few digits as it would appear on your caller ID. For example, adding "901" to your "Deny" list would block all numbers calling from the 901 area code. Adding "901555" to your deny list would block any incoming calls that begin with "901-555". Use as many prefix numbers as you like.

5) Integration into the Call log application menu. This should make it even easier to add numbers to your lists.

6) The Help menu item has been updated to reflect all these new wonderful things.

7) BES instructions are now packaged with the application.

Thanks for everyone's support so far!

Last edited by elfire.sol; 06-22-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #39
elfire.sol

Default Last call

Last call for anyone who wants to help me test this thing out and give feedback!

I've made more changes based on the great feedback from you guys, which include duplication checking between lists. (Can't have the same # on an allow and deny list for the same profile, the program will tell you and ask if you want to move the #). Also a bunch of changes to support the keypad. Pressing enter and delete on the keypad when certain things are highlighted will now do what you would expect it to do.

Absolute screaming latest version is 0.06 (should be available tomorrow on that download link)

I also just wanted thank everyone for their support and I hope everyone who's given great feedback and gotten a free license to the program makes good use out of it.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #40
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I will help to continue to evaluate the latest version. Email me with the latest.