BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 AM   #461
nyubi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: whateva

Please Login to Remove!

i believed it has to do with image displayed, if image not displayed correctly, you can tick the force tcp/ip option , but it used your operator apn , not bis apn ..
so you must insert your tcp option on setting
Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #462
trevor1189
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

What ever happened to folders?
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #463
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
Ani,

I think you also said other new functionality was coming such as create a task or appointment as a follow-up which would include the email text in the note/memo field.

Is that still in the works?

Tony

Tony,

As of now we don't have any plans to implement task-managment functionality in Empower Mail Viewer. Basically because,

1. We believe its better for one product to do just one thing. A task-management app needs to be a separate product than a mail viewer. This allows the independent app to do 'more' and not be confined by the first product. In fact, thats why we made InstaSpell a separate app - had we tied it with EMV we would have been restricted to emails only, and not been able to do things like spell check in SMS etc, coloring etc. An independent product is independent and has the freedom to grow its future course without being subject to boundaries of a dependent app.

2. I also believe that ultimately, users must have a choice - even if we create a task mgmt app, it should not be tied with EMV, because a user of EMV should have the choice to use competing task management apps from other vendors. We want to ensure that people using other competitive products are not denied the opportunity to use them.

Also, at the moment, we don't have any plans for making a task-management application. We will recommend you to Trial run any of the existing task-mgmt apps (PocketDay, Follow-Up, TodoMatrix, NextAction etc). Depending upon your needs you may find the one best suited for you.

Thanks
Ani.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #464
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Tony,

As of now we don't have any plans to implement task-managment functionality in Empower Mail Viewer. Basically because,

1. We believe its better for one product to do just one thing. A task-management app needs to be a separate product than a mail viewer. This allows the independent app to do 'more' and not be confined by the first product. In fact, thats why we made InstaSpell a separate app - had we tied it with EMV we would have been restricted to emails only, and not been able to do things like spell check in SMS etc, coloring etc. An independent product is independent and has the freedom to grow its future course without being subject to boundaries of a dependent app.

2. I also believe that ultimately, users must have a choice - even if we create a task mgmt app, it should not be tied with EMV, because a user of EMV should have the choice to use competing task management apps from other vendors. We want to ensure that people using other competitive products are not denied the opportunity to use them.

Also, at the moment, we don't have any plans for making a task-management application. We will recommend you to Trial run any of the existing task-mgmt apps (PocketDay, Follow-Up, TodoMatrix, NextAction etc). Depending upon your needs you may find the one best suited for you.

Thanks
Ani.
Thanks Ani and I love your application.

Tony
Old 09-12-2007, 04:54 AM   #465
gary599
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default Empower With Pocket day

Empower works fine on my emails, but if I want to view my new email while in pocket day, it does not use empower as the default viewer.

Am I missing something? Empower is set to handle all.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #466
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

So far so good for me. Thanks again Ani, very good product.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Closed Thread