BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #41
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

That is a viable solution for most. It really comes down to the need of things. I DONT really need a blackberry. My emails aren't secretive and I receive maybe 10-15 a day now (down from 100+). For me, the email part of the equation left. I was left with the other part of the equation, PDA and MultiMedia. The fact that the PPC that I am now using has Microsoft Word and Excel in a way that is easy to use is great. Let's face it, NO product that I have seen for Blackberry has ever looked as clear and friendly. I have my camera and my music all in one.

I think that for most, they are extremely loyal to the BB. To me, I am more loyal to the device that fits my needs. Rather than a Brand. If it is a PPC, then so be it. Granted, there are resets here and there. But I can also recall times where I had to reset my Blackberry.

I am by no means saying that one device is superior to another. Simply saying that if RIM comes out with a device with Camera and Media player, then it is going to make them more appealing to people who have circumstances like mine. I say keep the BB in two seperate types. those that want just email and professionalism and the others for those that want Multi Media, Camera, ect..

Would that be so hard.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #42
dataquest
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
Carrier: AT&T
Lightbulb Blackberry + Camera = more $ for RIM.

I am sure that I am not alone in the fact that whenever RIM makes a Blackberry with a camera (along with a full qwerty keyboard) with good resolution, will be the day that I will finally purchase a Blackberry. I don't care about all the business users whining about security issues. Let them. All I know is, many more people like me will make RIM richer.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #43
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumo...phone-but.html

read about the new camera and mp3 player and video BB from tmobile I played with it personally and it was the shiznit
Old 07-21-2006, 10:24 AM   #44
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
I think that for most, they are extremely loyal to the BB. To me, I am more loyal to the device that fits my needs. Rather than a Brand. If it is a PPC, then so be it.
Oops, didn't even realize I had left out the other side of the options. I didn't mean to inferr that it had to be a BB and another device.

But the question still remains, why don't more people use 1 multi function device to replace 2 or more of their specialized devices?

And if your answer is to get the best of each world, then do you really need a device that has all the extra functionality that you want a specialized device for?

Again, I'm not trying to start a flame, more just looking for opinions on why people want the BB to have these extra features to lessen the gear they carry, when they can already buy other products that will lessen the gear.

Zro
Old 07-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #45
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
Oops, didn't even realize I had left out the other side of the options. I didn't mean to inferr that it had to be a BB and another device.

But the question still remains, why don't more people use 1 multi function device to replace 2 or more of their specialized devices?

And if your answer is to get the best of each world, then do you really need a device that has all the extra functionality that you want a specialized device for?

Again, I'm not trying to start a flame, more just looking for opinions on why people want the BB to have these extra features to lessen the gear they carry, when they can already buy other products that will lessen the gear.

Zro
You know I used to be one of the I dont want all this crap on my phone people. I hated the idea but I must say since I started carrying a device that has all these features on it I wouldnt go the other way again.

I love being on the job site and being able to snap a picture of something faulty or defective and send it off to my trade contractors immediatly. And listening to my mp3s while sitting on a job site eating lunch is very nice.

So I have been converted to the dark side of technology.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #46
HuwSy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

Cos we'r tech'aholics :S lol. I like my Bb for the way it functions, which iv not found matched in any other device. To get the extras being added is more just a bonus. Its like gettng a jaguar, or a jaguar with a role cage, you know other cars are cheeper and ud be more inclined drive in a way as to use the cage on other cars but... well... jaguar.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #47
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Love this stuff!

Thank you all for the information you supply.
I just joined as a member, and look forward to getting to know everyone in the forums.
BoyGenius you always have reliable information, and it is appreciated.
In have owned BB's since they were first introduced, and the products and the company continues to improve.
I now have a 7130C and it is awesome! Secure and reliable.
Suretype can be a little frustrating, so a 7100 style phone w/ qwerty would be great!

Hello to all!

PIN: 2044679D
Old 07-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #48
vap0r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: cingular

for those that need security. stick with the secure versions of bb's. for those that dont.. get the new teen version. thats it.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #49
NiteOwl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: sprint

I was also one of those people who thought "why would I need to carry a phone arround". At first I got a cell phone "only for emergencies". I didn't even keep it on.

Now I can't believe I ever felt that way. I can't wait for a bb with a camera and sd slot.

Times change...needs change

Nick
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #50
DarbSkull

Carrier: Cingular
Thumbs up Yes to .mp3 and video!

I work in audio/video production, and it would be great to be able to send my boss an .mp3 or .wmv when he is out of town. The camera would be great for those times I come across a cool location, but don't have a camera.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #51
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vap0r
for those that need security. stick with the secure versions of bb's. for those that dont.. get the new teen version. thats it.
Well I'm 35, so hardly a teen. But I'd kill for a memory card slot where I could carry all my work docs and email on demand. Or snap a pic of defective items and email them. So I'd refrain from calling it a "teen version"
Closed Thread