Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
wabo77

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel
Default 8350i wifi access point or browser problem

Please Login to Remove!

New to the blackberry. Almost like it so far...Been searching and snooping around for a while - found some good tips - like "pull the battery", anyway...

I cannot connect to the wifi at work, or if I do connect, the hotspot browser does not connect. It says "unable to find the requested server". I have a WRK54g set up as a wireless access point on a LAN (Server2003). I can connect with laptops, both automatically and by entering static IP's.
Tried several different set ups on the BB. When the BB appears to connect and says it is connected, (associate & authenticate boxes are checked in wifi diagnostics, & wireless name on main screen) the browser will not connect and the message "unable to find the requested server" appears. If the wifi does not connect, I get a "EAP authentication failure" no reason given. BB seems to go in and out of connection, but I have never been able to get the browser to connect. Router is set up with WPA preshared key WPA, although I have changed this still to no avail. Have nextel data plan, no BIS.
Any suggestions?

BTW, at home and at the ski cabin, the wifi works great. These were set up with the "Push button setup".
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
mrlizzzard

Carrier: sprint

had same issue,waited a bit and tried it again and worked great.Just give it a little time to hook up.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
zhon

Model: 8707v
Carrier: globe
Default browser question

I just upgraded my 8707v to the newer version of the o.s after the installation I cant find my browser anymore. I dont have a data plan with my network and so going to the host routing table wont do any good. Can I install a browser through the desktop manager? anybody has a guide of this?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
wabo77

Carrier: nextel

Not much response. Anyone had any problems with the WRK54g?
It's version 1(hardware). Linksys says latest software is V1.1. I know there are newer versions for other hardware versions. Anyone used these?

Oh, yes. I can turn security off and connect. Tried WEP and Wi-fi diagnostics says it is all connected, but no wi-fi. Once in a while after entering manually, it will connect, ONCE. Then it says. This is a wi-fi service...

Maybe a new post.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
ViperSRTJoe

Carrier: Nextel

I've been researching this issue all day, and actually posted a new thread on the topic.

What I see, is it seems to be the fact that the blackberry does NOT show up on a wireless router with a "computer name". In other words, it is an "unknown" user trying to access the server. Every router that is utilizing security wants to see SOMETHING... whether it is "Joes Laptop" or "Dell Computer" or "Dodge Viper".

On the other hand, try this.... (if you have access to your wireless router config). Turn OFF security. Poof! Blackberry connects instantly.

Turn it back on, delete the saved config (as it now is set up for unsecured network... so you want to get rid of THAT one)... try to refind the router (which you will be able to do)... type in the correct password... and you're back with NO INTERNET ACCESS.

Yes, you will see the router name (in other words the router is connected), but as you mentioned.... no internet access.

We need SOMEONE to figure this out! My first question is HOW DO YOU NAME THE BB SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER DEVICE THAT'S TRYING TO UTILIZE A WIRELESS ROUTER? I think this may be a clue!
Closed Thread