BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
roger108

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO
Default 8320 AIM, FACEBOOK, ETC & Wifi

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, havent really contributed to the forum in a while but here goes... When i got my 8320(2days after release) realized that a lot of the apps dint work via wifi.. I used to have the tmo bb data plan but took it off once i received my 8320. Aim facebook and messenger live were not able to work via wifi... Heres what i did.....

1). go to your tmo account online add the blackberry unlimited plan for $19.99 comfirm that it has been added.

2)Take your battery out put it back in.

3) stay on the tmo web site, and go to set up blackberry email address.

4) there will be an option to send service books. will take about 5 mins at most to get to your fone.

5) once you recieved the service books, make sure that your getting blackberry internet service(NOT WIFI) actually its a good idea to disable your wifi. try to sign onto aim and other apps... they should work if you have recieved service books.

6) Once you have established that it does work.. go back to your tmo account onlince and take the plan off( just unclick it and confirm)

7)it takes a little bit for the plan bb plan is off.. so the next day try using your aim and facebook it should work...

I hope this was helpful!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks, this has been posted a couple of times on here. Once you delete those service books or upgrade your OS, your are back without those apps again.

Good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
avelasqu
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger108 View Post
Hey guys, havent really contributed to the forum in a while but here goes... When i got my 8320(2days after release) realized that a lot of the apps dint work via wifi.. I used to have the tmo bb data plan but took it off once i received my 8320. Aim facebook and messenger live were not able to work via wifi... Heres what i did.....

1). go to your tmo account online add the blackberry unlimited plan for $19.99 comfirm that it has been added.

2)Take your battery out put it back in.

3) stay on the tmo web site, and go to set up blackberry email address.

4) there will be an option to send service books. will take about 5 mins at most to get to your fone.

5) once you recieved the service books, make sure that your getting blackberry internet service(NOT WIFI) actually its a good idea to disable your wifi. try to sign onto aim and other apps... they should work if you have recieved service books.

6) Once you have established that it does work.. go back to your tmo account onlince and take the plan off( just unclick it and confirm)

7)it takes a little bit for the plan bb plan is off.. so the next day try using your aim and facebook it should work...

I hope this was helpful!
Is this still working for you? I was thinking about doing it. Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
bajjisw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile usa

I tried doing this with the email plan. I was able to IM while on the plan and then was not able to, after I removed the plan.

So, I am not sure if this works for everyone.
Closed Thread