BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
jwilliams31
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do I remove MDS Connections?

Please Login to Remove!

I want to remove a server for our BB Domain. We're running BES 4.1.2. I was able to remove the server through BB Manager, but how do I remove the MDS connections? One is "https://servername:7443/mds" and the other is servername_MDS-CS_4.

There is no delete/remove option. How do I get those out of there? I have uninstalled BES from the server and its MDS connections are still showing in BB Manager.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
slimbim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

If you are saying that you uninstalled one BES, and the BB Manager connected to another BES using the same database still shows the connections in the BB Manager for this old BES you just uninstalled, I think the only way to remove these from the BB Manager is via the database. Since the server is uninstalled, I believe those MDS connection strings are not valid anyways, but it is annoying to have them show up in the BB Manager. The T-support person I spoke to had no idea how to remove them, and when I mentioned can we modify the database to remove them, he said he can't advise on messing with the database, so he'll speak to their database group and call me back on Monday (I talked to them on Saturday, as I was doing a move over the weekend), but he never did. So I just went ahead and removed the parameters from the database myself.

Problem appeared for me when I was doing a BES move to another physical server (also moved BES database from a local MSDE to remote SQL Server at the same time). As the BES was running on a different physical server with different name, in BB Manager I would see two sets of MDS connections, one with the old server name, and one with the new server name (server name is the physical server name, not to be confused with the Blackberry Enterprise Server name). Is this a similar situation you are in?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
jwilliams31

Pretty much, yes.

I have two BES servers. The original BES server and a new one I am setting up on new hardware.

I was having a problem with the new server, so I wanted to remove it and start over. I was able to remove the server from the BB Manager, but I'm still showing the MDS connections for both servers. Here is what I have:

https://oldserver:7443/mds

https://newserver:7443/mds

oldserver_MDS-CS_1

newserver_MDS-CS_4

I'm trying to remove both "newserver" entries. I want to do a fresh install and didn't want anything in the database that may cause problems.

Both servers are sharing a database. We have about 90 BB users so the migration needs to be transparent to them. I can't have them move to a new database because it would require them to reactivate their devices and that is really not an option.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
jwilliams31

Ok, slight update. I removed the entries for the removed server from the MDSConfig and MDSAGConfig tables and that removed it from the BB Manager.

One more question though, I need to move the databases to a new SQL server. I know how to point the BB services to the new database, but how do I redirect the MDSS services? The mdss and mdss_dis databases?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

When I was talking to TSupport on this issue i think it has been SDR. Hey did not tell me when it will get fixed but Im sure it will. It does not hurt anything just more of an eye sore.

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Closed Thread