BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #21
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Be sure and post an update, tarheel. I'm curious, because I thought the auto-setup from the handheld would default to POP3, but I really don't know anything about it. My bet is on JS being right about this.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
johndoughto

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

tarheel23,
i ran into this from a search for godaddy... on my 8830 i have gmail client, bes for work and bis for home domain hosted at godaddy...

my bis has been setup with godaddy for months with more than perfect service...

bes and bis (godaddy) have been almost instant , gmail a few minutes to less than 30 seconds depending on when i "refresh"
a few days ago my bis account for godaddy almost stopped, now im running about 4 to 12 hours behind - i am also getting duplicates, and possibly missing emails (im about to pull up the web client and compare test emails)

just wanted to drop in a note that someone else was having issues with BIS and godaddy! i to set mine up like you, email address and password and BAM.

i am going to resend service books and go from there - hopefully there are not only 2 using BIS with godaddy and expecting the same, almost instant service as perviously experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel23 View Post
I have had some pretty strange email behavior now for about 7 days. Here is the jist of my problem.

Since I have had my pearl (8 weeks), I have always received my emails instantly, usually before they hit my inbox on my computer. However, now I get about 1 in every 5 emails on my blackberry.

I did some testing and here is what I found. I sent 4 emails to my inbox in rapid succession, with the text : test 1, test 2, test 3, and test 4 respectively.

I received nothing on my blackberry, but they showed up immediately in my inbox.

I waited 20 minutes and sent test 5 email and I almost immediately got an email on my blackberry. Thinking all was good, I checked it and it was actually test #1 email. Weird, because that was the only one I got, even though 1-4 were sent within 10 seconds of one another. So I sent test #6 and rec'd nothing. Waited a few minutes and sent test # 7 and rec'd an email for test #5.

I'm up to test # 32 today with no rhyme, reason or pattern to what or when I get an email if any. Of the 32 tests I've sent, I've only rec'd an email for 5 of them, and 3 of those 5 were immediately after sending a test email, but the one I rec'd was not the email I had just sent.

Also, I did install the updated Verizon OS on Tuesday, and it went fine, and I seemed to be getting emails normally untill the last couple of days.

THEN: 1 DAY LATER

I resent service books about 20 minutes ago, and again I received the email my dad sent me last tuesday.

I called Verizon wireless last Saturday and the technician sent me a test email after she re-provisioned my phone and reset the email account. I was supposed to reply to her when it arrived, and if she didn't get a reply within 20 minutes then she would assume I didn't get it and call me back to try some other troubleshooting. Well I never got it, and I never heard back from her. However, when I got up this morning (Monday), I had her email in my blackberry inbox, said it was received at 5:46am. Now it was originally received on my desktop email on Saturday around 1:30pm. When I checked my desktop email this morning (monday), around 6:30am, I had two emails that I had received at 5:45am and 6:02am, but they have not come through on my blackberry as of 8:15am.

UPDATE:

I have a new pearl 8130 today, and after activation, still had the same email issues.

So I decided to again, upgrade the OS to .97, with success. Still the same email issues though.

Under the advice of the Verizon Tech, I logged into BIS and deleted my email account, then pulled the battery from my blackberry. I then re-added my email account through BIS and resent the service books. Put the battery back after a few minutes and powered up.

Still having email issues, but after some rigorous testing, here is what I can seem to do with some consistancy.

I've done the following from 2 different email accounts: I try to send an email to my blackberry putting the current time in subject and text field. If I send just one email, nothing happens, even after an hour or so. If I send a second email, and then 3rd email, this for some reason tends to trigger the first email to hit my blackberry inbox, then after about 30 seconds, the other two hit my inbox. So now all 3 that have been sent have arrived at my blackberry inbox.

However, if I immediately go to send another email to my blackberry, .... i get nothing, even if I send two more emails after it. Only if I wait for 40 minutes or so before I send the string of 3 emails can I get them to show up, but only if I send 3 or 4... sending just 1 never gets anything to my inbox.

I'm really lost on this one.

All of the emails do show up immediately on my desktop email, but not the blackberry.

I have had the pearl for about 8 weeks and it has worked great up until last week.

If I'm not being specific enough or if you guys need some other info, let me know and I'll get it on here.

Just to put an exclamation on my point.... I sent 3 emails to my inbox at 1:19, 1:24, 1:28 today. I received nothing on my blackberry. I just registered on this site, and when I received the registration link in my inbox, the 1:19 email immediately hit my blackberry. So I logged into my inbox to click on the confirmation link from this site, and upon doing so, it sent a confirmation email to my inbox, which immediately triggered the 1:24 email to hit my blackberry inbox. The time was around 2:40.

Not that I wish this problem on anyone, but I'm hoping someone has had a simliar problem and could offer a fix.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #23
tarheel23
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I found these steps on godaddy's website about setting up email with Blackberry. I am going to try these when I re-add my account in the morning.

Setting Up Email on Your BlackBerry

To integrate a BlackBerry account with your email
From an Internet browser, log on to your BlackBerry account.

Click Set up BlackBerry Internet Email.

Under Services, click E-mail Accounts.

Click Set Up Account.

Enter your full email address (for example, [email address]), then enter and confirm your password. Click Next

If the integration fails, you may receive the error "We were unable to configure this email account. Please tell us how you access your e-mail by selecting an option below." This indicates that the integration may have failed because you typed the wrong account information. If this is the case, repeat steps 1 to 4.

If the integration is not complete because additional information is missing, proceed to the next steps to make certain all information is entered.

Click Next.

Under Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP), select I use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
NOTE: You may also select "I can access my mailbox using a Web browser (Outlook Web Access)", or "I always use Microsoft Outlook to access my mailbox" under Microsoft Outlook/Exchange or "I can access my mailbox using a Web browser (iNotes)" or "I always use Lotus Notes to access my mailbox" under Lotus Notes/ Domino.

Click Next.

Click Submit.

Verify your email address, user name, and password.

Specify whether to Leave messages on mail server or Utilize SSL.

Click Submit.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

That ^^ is the IMAP setup to which I refer above, which has not worked well for me, and in which I too have had missed or non-delivered mail to my BB.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #25
tarheel23

Okay boys, I have some new info for you.

I want to first say thank you for all who posted replies, and for your help with this. With your help, I have resolved the issue. Here is what I did.

As stated before I removed my email account from BIS around 5:00pm yesterday.

I then added my work email address and a newly created gmail account and both worked as I would expect them to. So this told me, as JS and others had said, that godaddy was indeed the culprit here.

So I removed those other accounts yesterday evening and left my blackberry overnight with no email accounts setup on it until this morning at about 7:00am.

This morning, I re-added my godaddy account. Fired off some test emails, and still came up with the same problem... no email. So I cleared it off of BIS again.

So I pulled the battery from my blackberry, and logged into my godaddy domain registration (this is where my email admin is located) and deleted my godaddy email account, waited for it to clear their system, then recreated it.

Once the godaddy account was listed as active, I added it to BIS, resent the service books (just to be sure) and put my battery back into my blackberry and powered up.

I received the registration emails letting me know that my service should be up and I should begin receiving emails in about 20 minutes. Being impatient like I am, after 10 minutes I sent my first test email and within 11 seconds ( i counted)....BAM, there it was. I immediately sent another email, and 8 seconds later, it was there on my blackberry as well.

Life is good again. Email the way it should be.

Thanks again for your help guys. Let me know if you have any questions about the steps I took, or if anyone needs help with a similar issue. I'll try to help however I can.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #26
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (At&t curve)

That's great. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.on the bright side, this is a good thread for those having any issues with go daddy email.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM   #27
BHA

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Default Me too!

About a week ago, I started experiencing delays in Godaddy mail showing up on my Blackberry 8800. My wife has a 7100g (she has a mail account on our domain also) and she started having exactly the same problem too.

I tried deleting/re-adding the account on BIS, resending service books, multiple battery pulls, etc. Yesterday at one point the delay was down to about 4hrs, but it's back to the usual ~24 hour delay today!

Unfortunately I can't blow away my GoDaddy email account because I have a bunch of emails in there I need to save (I've downloaded the inbox into Eudora, but I have stuff in the Sent items I can't download. Besides, I need access to them via webmail so can't erase them).

So am I stuck? I want to use the IMAP functionality (store outgoing in sent folder, etc.) but I can't delete my email account.

I have deleted the account in BIS and was going to wait 24hrs and re-add it, but now it looks like that won't help (considering some of you have tried it). And GoDaddy is of no help...

Everything worked perfectly for months and now this happens out of the blue!

Help!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #28
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yea, ditto here. I have over 5,000 old emails sitting in my account I don't want to lose.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #29
johndoughto

great to hear (not the pain of the process, but the back to "normal")

i did the service book, resetup bis and even updated the firware on the phone to force a resync of everything (and get me current)

ill try your solution tarheel23!!! i don't have anything left on my account for that domain on godaddy (like others)

glad i found this thread and to all that posted up to help tarheel23
Old 03-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #30
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

I am going to change the title of this thread to make it easier to find for GoDaddy users
Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
tarheel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoughto View Post
great to hear (not the pain of the process, but the back to "normal")

i did the service book, resetup bis and even updated the firware on the phone to force a resync of everything (and get me current)

ill try your solution tarheel23!!! i don't have anything left on my account for that domain on godaddy (like others)

glad i found this thread and to all that posted up to help tarheel23

Yeah, let me know how it works for you. Hopefully it was not just a fluke on my end.

Good idea on the name change for the thread too.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #32
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

AND, in case you lose the thread, I am moving this to the General section of this forum, since it no longer deals only with the 8100 BB.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #33
tarheel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHA View Post
About a week ago, I started experiencing delays in Godaddy mail showing up on my Blackberry 8800. My wife has a 7100g (she has a mail account on our domain also) and she started having exactly the same problem too.

I tried deleting/re-adding the account on BIS, resending service books, multiple battery pulls, etc. Yesterday at one point the delay was down to about 4hrs, but it's back to the usual ~24 hour delay today!

Unfortunately I can't blow away my GoDaddy email account because I have a bunch of emails in there I need to save (I've downloaded the inbox into Eudora, but I have stuff in the Sent items I can't download. Besides, I need access to them via webmail so can't erase them).

So am I stuck? I want to use the IMAP functionality (store outgoing in sent folder, etc.) but I can't delete my email account.

I have deleted the account in BIS and was going to wait 24hrs and re-add it, but now it looks like that won't help (considering some of you have tried it). And GoDaddy is of no help...

Everything worked perfectly for months and now this happens out of the blue!

Help!

You could try logging into your GoDaddy web email, move your sent items into your inbox (or create another folder), then transfer those files to Eudora. That would at least get them in a safe place. I suppose it would only work out for you though if you were able to transfer back to godaddy webmail to your new account. I'm not familiar with Eudora, but is that something that can be done? Just a thought.

You could also try creating a new godaddy account first, just to see if it works. If it does you could try this. From your old account, go to your SENT emails folder and forward them to your newly created account inbox. Once they are there, you could just create a seperate folder for them, calling them "Old Sent Emails", and move them into that folder.

If you only have access to one Godaddy account (like me, unless I wanted to pay more money), then you could just forward them to a hotmail, gmail, or any other free account. Then delete your old Godaddy, re-create it, and forward the emails back to your new inbox and moving them to a folder of your choice.

If you've got 1000's of emails, this approach might take awhile, but it should work.

Last edited by tarheel23; 03-25-2008 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #34
johndoughto

update from my part...

1. i went to bis portal and removed my godaddy account (it removed it from bb instantly)
2. went to godaddy and looked for email account - it showed a status of SETUP PENDING - weird, its been setup for over a year now... (maybe part of my "issue")
3. deleted account, waited for it to be removed from list
4. 10 minutes later, added account back to godaddy
5. went to webmail and BAM, all my bulk mail and sent mail were still there (inbox was cleaned out) - weird
6. sent email to this account and it was there at godaddy in webmail inbox(just testing)
7. went to bis portal and added godaddy account (email address and pwd only)
8. bis showed up on BB and all my email that WERE in my inbox on my BB were back (guess they were in the local BB db and not deleted yet)
9. sent emails from google and it ranges from 5 seconds to 15 seconds!!!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #35
johndoughto

Thank to everyone, esp tarheel23 for sharing the pain! hehe

really was thinking it was more BB and BIS than godaddy, since email to the godaddy acoxxxx was superfast...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #36
tarheel23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoughto View Post
update from my part...

1. i went to bis portal and removed my godaddy account (it removed it from bb instantly)
2. went to godaddy and looked for email account - it showed a status of SETUP PENDING - weird, its been setup for over a year now... (maybe part of my "issue")
3. deleted account, waited for it to be removed from list
4. 10 minutes later, added account back to godaddy
5. went to webmail and BAM, all my bulk mail and sent mail were still there (inbox was cleaned out) - weird
6. sent email to this account and it was there at godaddy in webmail inbox(just testing)
7. went to bis portal and added godaddy account (email address and pwd only)
8. bis showed up on BB and all my email that WERE in my inbox on my BB were back (guess they were in the local BB db and not deleted yet)
9. sent emails from google and it ranges from 5 seconds to 15 seconds!!!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's good to here. Glad it worked for you too.

Just so I'm reading it right, are saying that even after you deleted your Godaddy account, then re-added it after 10 minutes, your bulk mail and sent items were restored? If so, that would be great news for those not wanting to lose those particular emails.

I keep my bulk mail purged on a daily basis and I did not have my email setup to automatically save a copy in the Sent folder, so I did not have anything in either folder when I deleted mine.

But if you could, just clarify that one point for me for future reference.

Last edited by tarheel23; 03-25-2008 at 08:25 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #37
monkeyfez

Model: a few
PIN: Uniball Fine point (black)
Carrier: verizon
Default same problem here

but deleting the godaddy account isn't really an option for me. It my main email account and I have several thousand emails there. I've tried many of the same things listed above. ie. deleting and re-installing account through BIS, sending service books, blah blah. It's making me nutso.

Anybody try calling Godaddy yet? THat's where I'm headed now.

BES admin
No really use the search button.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #38
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

monkey, that seems to be the fix for now, I am in the same boat as you.

If you discover something new on this issue from GD, please post back.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #39
DebbieJ

Carrier: alltel

I have had the same thing!! My blackberry was working great since December then all of a sudden, I wasn't getting emails. My email, too, is hosted thru godaddy. I did all the above and nothing.

On another forum a guy suggested to use the Google Apps for email. My gmails were hitting my blackberry with no delays. So I signed up for the 30 day trial and followed their steps to move my email to google. I'm not a techie but I believe my email is now hosted by Google. It is working great. I do use Outlook and set up a new account with IMAP. So far so good.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your posts, too.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:47 AM   #40
exciter

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Question... which are you deleting on the GoDaddy site? Are you deleting the email address on the "Email Control Center" page or clicking the "Cancel Acct" button on the My Account page? Thanks.
Closed Thread