Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Happycc

Model: 8350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Question Sync w Desktop Manager: Address book not installed

Please Login to Remove!

I am using Desktop Manager and M Outlook 2007. When I go to SYNC with DM it won't sync contacts and says that "address book not installed." How do I install it or do I need to resintall DM?

Also, after a sync some contacts are deleted on my phone but not in my PC Outlook contacts.

Help!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
russwcole

Model: 8530
Default Re: Sync w Desktop Manager: Address book not installed

I hope someone helps as I have the same problem. I am using Outlook 2007, Windows 7, have uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Manager 6.0, made sure I have the current Device Manager installed, under Organizer everything has a checkmark except for Address Book which is dimmed and says it is not installed. I do not have Business Contacts installed, I even went into Regedit to make for sure. Everything worked great until I installed 6.0. If anyone has any ideas, please email me at russ at traversecitylodging dot com. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
MrBBnot

Model: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

I'm having the same problem. Everything was fine until last night when I updated the BB software through the DM (6). Now, my address book on the device is empty and the DM says address book is not installed.

This is my first BB, have had it about a week, and I already hate it.

Anyone with any ideas?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
rangank

Model: 9700
Carrier: Du

Well, I am facing this problem too. I had two duplicate contacts on my device and Outlook addressbook each. On my device, when I would select the duplicate contact, one of the duplicates (for both contacts) won't open up and it seemed weird. So, I deleted the two duplicates from my Outlook Addressbook and tried to synchronize.

At the end of the address-book synchronization, an error came asking me to "refer to documentation" and boom! All my contacts on the device were gone. Thereafter, when I tried to synchronize again, my Laptop crashed (got a Blue Screen of Death/BSD).

I rebooted my Laptop and opened Desktop Manager again and it showed "Address Book (Not Installed)". After that, I have tried everything including trying to restore my contacts on my device from a recent back-up but nothing works.

It seems to me that the address-book software on the device has got corrupted. Please suggest a solution!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
rangank

Model: 9700
Carrier: Du

Well friends, I couldn't wait and decided to move ahead. This is how I solved the problem:

First of all, the problem seems to be with the device's Address Book software, which may have been caused by the Device Manager itself. The message "Address Book (Not Installed)" comes when your address book contains zero entries or your address book is corrupt. In my case, I had 3 duplicate entries (not 2 as I said earlier), which were causing synchronization problems.

How I solved:

- Using the BB Device Manager 6.01, I took a full back-up of my phone (minus the contacts)

- Using BBSAK 1.9, I wiped off my BlackBerry

- Using BBSAK 1.9, I re-installed the latest BB OS (fresh installation) and this fixed the address book's system software on my BlackBerry 9700

- Now, using BB Device Manager, I restored all the stuff such as messages, SMS, options and all other thinsg

- Reinstalled all the applications one by one and then performed a synchorinization with Outlook and got the contacts back. I was lucky that the last successful synchronization was done just 2 days back and therefore, I did not lose any contacts.

The over all time it took was about 2.5 hours to fix and get back to where I was but it's worthwhile... I did it over the weekend and I am relaxed now!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
MrBBnot

Glad you fixed the problem. I was going to respond, but you beat me to it I solved the problem, too. I used the Desktop Manager to roll back the OS by a build. Not as dramatic as a wipe, but it gets the job done. If anyone's interested, you need to go to Update My Device and then look for a link that says "View other versions." Pick the next version from the list and you're on your way.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
Happycc

I un-installed & re-installed DM 6 and the problem remains. I shall consider the two suggestions and will respond. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Happycc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBBnot View Post
Glad you fixed the problem. I was going to respond, but you beat me to it I solved the problem, too. I used the Desktop Manager to roll back the OS by a build. Not as dramatic as a wipe, but it gets the job done. If anyone's interested, you need to go to Update My Device and then look for a link that says "View other versions." Pick the next version from the list and you're on your way.
So I tried this and it appeared that it was going to work but then encountered a problem and received an error code upon syncing.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
MrBBnot

What was the error message?
Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Happycc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBBnot View Post
What was the error message?
The error message, which appeared after it was transferring the records from Outlook to BB is....
"Error encountered. Error code 0x80040fb3."
Old 11-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

That error number indicates a corruption in the contact database. RIM indicates the deletion and reloading of the contacts in Outlook or other approved contact system such as Gmail. Itxxx8217;s not the easiest method but something caused it to be corrupted. Possibly an application you added cause it. Almost no way of telling.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Happycc

A response to your PM question.

Yes , Outlook can be the primary application to manage the contacts .Using outlook to manage the contacts you want on the blackberry, make sure you only have one copy of each contact. Then using DM do a restore without the contact list selected in restore options. This should clear any contacts. Any that remain you will have to manually delete on the BB. Once the BB is clean, do another restore but this time select only the contacts. If you use the DM and outlook to manage the contact list you may want to set the options on who wins for conflicts to the PC on a sync. This option is up to you and how you add contacts. As long as you have a complete backup of the BB you wont lose anything.
These are some links with various info on issues with sync.
KB00111-Duplicate Calendar entries occur on the BlackBerry smartphone after synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

KB11122-Contact lists and calendar entries created in Microsoft Outlook do not synchronize with the BlackBerry smartphone

KB19492-BlackBerry Desktop Manager wants to delete older calendar entries from Microsoft Outlook
Closed Thread