BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
PDA Admin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Default GroupWise BES Training

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone have any suggestions for GroupWise BES training? RIM seems to be a little light in training for the GroupWise people. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #2
misquote
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Honestly, reading through this site and the BlackBerry Technical Knowledge Center is my "training." I've been waiting for a while on RIM training for GWise BES administration to no avail.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
nightwire

Model: 8700
Carrier: Orange

I've also been trying to have GroupWise BES admin training. I thought at first there maybe delay because of GroupWise version 7 being released. That RIM's BES training may have to be altered to include the new version but it has been months now and there is still no Groupwise BES training available. I enquired through to RIM and they can do on-site training which is worth while if you have 3-4 people but if there is only one person like myself it is difficult to achieve.

Are there many others out there who also have the same problem? Or does anyone recommend a RIM certified centre as an alternative that could provide this training?

Thanks for your help
*N*
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
mrc7928
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Looks like they have training, but it's either California or D.C. I attended the same class in NYC a while back and found it helpful being a beginner BES Admin.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
sferical
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Voda

If you're in the UK then Vodafone do BlackBerry training for Groupwise, Domino and Exchange which is great. I recently went on one of their advanced training sessions in their training suite with other colleagues of mine. It was a day long and we went through the whole thing including sending wireless apps, what everything does in the BB manager, how the whole solution fits togther etc.

They also do helpdesk training on customer sites I believe.

I think I still have the trainer's contact details if you want me to send them over to you.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
jaltig
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

They do teach the class in ca or dc but they don't really list it on their website. We had to jump through some hoops and make many phone calls to them to nail down the location.

I just attended the one in CA, it was pricey but well worth it. I went in with very little groupwise admin training and no bes training and had my bes up and running two days later.

You may want to consider taking one of the other non-groupwise ones, there really wasn't much groupwise specific in them and the guy that taught ours also taught the exchange and domino versions.

Hope this helps
Jim
Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
nightwire

I've suggested that I could go to CA and DC but to no avail with my company :o( I have been fixing problems for months and yes this site and others have helped a lot but i think it would benefit myself having other tuition too.

I may have to go down the Exchange route but then I know that the setup and administering Groupwise associated problems will be lost if I do. I have a lot of questions related to Groupwise I was hoping to ask or the course may go over.

sferical - I'd love to take you up on the offer of further info of Vodaphones training suite for Groupwise etc? That sounds promising if you have the information that would be great.

Thanks again
Old 06-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #8
sferical
Thumbs Must Hurt

No probs. PIN me on 20580411 for the trainer's details.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #9
nightwire

I think the PIN to PIN on our IT Policy is disabled for us but I will check
Old 06-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #10
sferical
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK, but you also have personal messages turned off in your blackberry froums profile so I can't send you a message.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
mediabb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default Need Training? Look no further

Hey Guys!!

Just saw this post and wanted to share my knowledge. I attended a Blackberry Training class with these guys and it was EXCELLENT!!! They also do BES TRAINING as well. You could contact them to see if they do Groupwise BES training. Here's there link. BlackBerryGuy Home Ask for ZACK.

Closed Thread