blackpres

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MOVISTAR
Default Re: Tray in OS6

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sorry - I still just don't get it. If you have chosen "none" in "number of icon rows"...what you end up with is an almost blank screen, should you hit the escape once too often from an app. What is supposed to go in that blank row anyway and why is it even there? How does it actually enhance the interface or UI?

If the tray is closed and you have chosen NOT to have icons in the rows...it takes more clicks to get to an app/icon. Again, no value or enhancement to the UI, AFAIK. It just seems to be more for glitter than anything else, at least on the 9700. It doesn't seem to serve any useful purpose and I can't believe RIM would offer it to the users if there were no real purpose. I'm wondering if I missed something, or if I'm doing something wrong.
The blank screen is useful, although with two rows icons it would be enough blank space anyway.
Place there (at the blank), for instance, Weather Plus app, which pushed to screen shows you with customizable brillant colours current weather info. Or whatever the app you wish, provided it comes with "push to screen" feature.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
jetvent

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globe Telecom
Question Re: Tray in OS6

hi everyone i hope you could help me, just upgraded to os6 in my bold 9700 unit, can i ask if there's any way to transfer certain icons from 'all' tray to a different one that does not include the 'favourites' tray?

like if i want to transfer ubertwitter in 'frequent' tray, is that possible? been trying to figure how to move it but the farthest i've gone is marking it as favourite hence it ends in the 'favourites' tray.

hope you could help, thanks a bunch
Old 04-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #23
mnowlin1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
PIN: 26BAF5C4
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Re: Tray in OS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
I like the new 6 personally... I have NO icons selected and when the tray is closed, you can see my wallpaper perfectly.
I agree, this no icon setting makes it pretty slick. I have been trying to saty open minded now that I have the new OS and I have to say I think that I like what I see so far.