Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Blackberry Bold 9700
Default Huge huge problem with my phone =(

Please Login to Remove!

I come in peace so no mean to disrespect by all means, or if I sound sarcastic.

Anyway.... If those who seen my previous posts about my phone being glitched

I got a new one, and its perfect but when a conversation is full either text or BBM it wont open I think you have to clear/end the chat then re-open it.. prob a known issue but doesn't bother me.

My questions is.. I have unlimited web/text/web/insurance

I dropped my BB 9700 by accident and now the right side panel looks like this:

Now the Grey plastic metal or whatever it is called the spot near the volume it was out kinda slightly when I first got my replacement.. didn't bother me though but when this happened it benefited from that and now it looks like that. and when I turn to the side i can see all the wires and lightening and everything =[

1 - I have insurance on it, but do I need to get it fixed fully the entire grey thing that has been popped? Can I go to my retail store where I got it from? And I had a two week deadline for any returns or any glitches of that phone and I could get it returned.... But it was on friday and I called Tmobile and thought they can fix it but they said I have to go to my retail store and now I missed it=[ Is it possible if they can replace it regardless if I have insurance though? And I know 2 very good friends there so I hope tomorrow they can replace it for me... but if there is a way to pop it back in I would leave it but I can't it needs to be underly hooked and I cant extend it anymore=[

2- I have a Gmail App installed and I forgot where I got it... and this is the version.

Gmail for mobile (beta)
Version: 2.0.7.1264 Gorganic
Platform: BlackBerry -47

It has that Gmail red and white envelope Icon when I hit menu I moved it their from the Downloads Folder and its really cool and perfect! I hear a ring when I get an email.. I tried looking for it online/app world and such and I already have it installed but my question is if I get a new phone.. and I do a backup into Desktop Manager and when I plug in my new BB and restore it will the Gmail App be there? if not thats why I need the link

3- For my Tasks I have brought Role Call Tasks which is integrated with with tasks for BB itself but I can look at it with a Categorical View and I have tons of Tasks and reminders and etc set... So If I do a backup and restore it to my third replacement will my apps i.e.. gmail app.. role call tasks be there or Do I have to restore everything back to normal?

4-I have a movie I putted in the BB but I played it and no sound? Why is that ? its in .avi Format btw

If anyone can help me asnwer any of these or all of these it would be really really really appreciated!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone =( ?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

=*(
Old 12-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTee View Post
I come in peace so no mean to disrespect by all means, or if I sound sarcastic.

Anyway.... If those who seen my previous posts about my phone being glitched

I got a new one, and its perfect but when a conversation is full either text or BBM it wont open I think you have to clear/end the chat then re-open it.. prob a known issue but doesn't bother me.

My questions is.. I have unlimited web/text/web/insurance

I dropped my BB 9700 by accident and now the right side panel looks like this:

Now the Grey plastic metal or whatever it is called the spot near the volume it was out kinda slightly when I first got my replacement.. didn't bother me though but when this happened it benefited from that and now it looks like that. and when I turn to the side i can see all the wires and lightening and everything =[

1 - I have insurance on it, but do I need to get it fixed fully the entire grey thing that has been popped? Can I go to my retail store where I got it from? And I had a two week deadline for any returns or any glitches of that phone and I could get it returned.... But it was on friday and I called Tmobile and thought they can fix it but they said I have to go to my retail store and now I missed it=[ Is it possible if they can replace it regardless if I have insurance though? And I know 2 very good friends there so I hope tomorrow they can replace it for me... but if there is a way to pop it back in I would leave it but I can't it needs to be underly hooked and I cant extend it anymore=[

2- I have a Gmail App installed and I forgot where I got it... and this is the version.

Gmail for mobile (beta)
Platform: BlackBerry -47

It has that Gmail red and white envelope Icon when I hit menu I moved it their from the Downloads Folder and its really cool and perfect! I hear a ring when I get an email.. I tried looking for it online/app world and such and I already have it installed but my question is if I get a new phone.. and I do a backup into Desktop Manager and when I plug in my new BB and restore it will the Gmail App be there? if not thats why I need the link

3- For my Tasks I have brought Role Call Tasks which is integrated with with tasks for BB itself but I can look at it with a Categorical View and I have tons of Tasks and reminders and etc set... So If I do a backup and restore it to my third replacement will my apps i.e.. gmail app.. role call tasks be there or Do I have to restore everything back to normal?

4-I have a movie I putted in the BB but I played it and no sound? Why is that ? its in .avi Format btw

If anyone can help me asnwer any of these or all of these it would be really really really appreciated!
1.) If you have insurance - they should give you a refurb
2.)Gmail app is available here.
3.)Use "Switch Device Wizard" and you should be able to capture the application ok. You may have to re-register depending on the app. I don't use this application but will check it out. I use a simple one called "Follow Up".
4.)It could be the way it was formatted. You have to format movies specific to the screen size and the new 9700 does not work well with some of my older videos that were mastered for the regular Bold 9000. You can check
here - Link Here as there seems to be a glitch with certain types of AVI's that are mastered with various software.
Also, check this critique and article of the 9700 out - Link Here. There is some more information on converting DVD, AVI etc. I originally thought it was our Corp. policy on video that prevented me from seeing my 9000 AVI's but have since determined it was the way I mastered the conversion.

Good luck on the replacement phone...

Regards;

Herb
Old 12-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
sauce8279

Model: bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Gmail

BlackBerry - Enhanced Gmail™ Plug-In
Old 12-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
MoeTee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank so much Herb for your reply!

1- yeah i have insurance and I called my friend their that works there and shit and he said to bring everything the box and everything and to go to the tmobile store ands hit and he said he can get me a new one! hope he aint bs`ing me or im breaking his neck
2- and is that Gmail version the same thing as the one I have now?

Gmail for mobile (beta)

?

3- when I go to the regular BB Tasks all my tasks are there but the app i use puts it in a nice categorical view... i really hope it can save it=[

4- and thanks for the link ill check em out!
Closed Thread