lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmoney View Post
Here is a screen shot of a Bold theme I am working on...

Any opinons?

http://www.pimpmyberry.com/themes/me...d/bbscreen.jpg
Like the other person said I would change the battery icon....i would also make the time smaller and a skinnier font.

But, that is an awesome theme!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #22
Supadoggie

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMobile

very nice theme.

in for downloading
Old 08-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
BarracudaBob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Today Plus? That will be a LONG way off....I am trying to learn composer...that will be the ONLY way a TP theme is made...
What makes you say Composer creates Today Plus style themes? It just looks like it creates graphics with animations and such. Where did you get this info? I'd love to create a true Today Plus theme, but I'm not sure Composer is the way to go.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #24
DJJeffT
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

Suggestions for the elements for Today/Bottom dock would be appreciated.
Ok, not a today bottom dock, but how about a today theme with messages, sms, calendar and apps. (Ditch the call log!)
Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaBob View Post
What makes you say Composer creates Today Plus style themes? It just looks like it creates graphics with animations and such. Where did you get this info? I'd love to create a true Today Plus theme, but I'm not sure Composer is the way to go.
Composer uses animations. Themebuilder does not (other than the falling and bouncing icons)..
Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #26
Brad4d

Model: 8310
PIN: This is BB Fourms Not eHarmony.
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I like it a lot
Old 08-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #27
just4747

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I want this, it looks better than the blurry icons everyone else is stealing and using for like every theme. Are you going to include the shake animation for the icons? And please make sure we can change the home screen icon choices on zen, bottom dock, and L! Any estimate of when this will be released?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
bettedavis07

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4747 View Post
...And please make sure we can change the home screen icon choices on zen, bottom dock, and L! Any estimate of when this will be released?
The current Theme Builder does not allow for the icons in custom themes/screens (e.g. Bottom Dock, L or Today Plus) to be configured by the user. They can only be chosen by the theme developer.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #29
scmurphy13

Carrier: T-Mobile

You've got to let us know when this is released. I want it.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #30
just4747

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettedavis07 View Post
The current Theme Builder does not allow for the icons in custom themes/screens (e.g. Bottom Dock, L or Today Plus) to be configured by the user. They can only be chosen by the theme developer.
what about Zen?
Old 08-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #31
bettedavis07

Model: 9630

Quote:
what about Zen?
Icons in Zen themes can still be configured by the user.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #32
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Final stage. Theme will be posted today on pimpmyberry.com
Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
infernox
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Looking forward to it. Looks like you have created some Today Plus on your site for 4.2 and lower. Hoping that you can create a Today Plus for this one too.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #34
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Ok..last time I say this...Today Plus cannot be created with Themebuilder. Today Plus needs to be created using Plazmic's Composer. I do not plan on doing a today style for this theme. I will be doing L and bottom dock only.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #35
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hey how about a Today plus version lol...jk thought I would like to harass ya

Get My Themes Here! | [email address] | Twitter
Old 08-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #36
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

LOL nice one!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #37
just4747

I tried them out from pimpmyberry.com....no offense but they have a few problems/issues.

First off, you don't have the profile icon automatically always somewhere on the homescreen like the top corner. Also, the profile icon when in the full menu screen is just a blank icon, no speaker picture or anything. Why do so many themes have this blank icon problem???

Second, you cannot change the homescreen main lineup (i know you said it's not your fault...but why the F would the plazmic creators not let us change the lineup like we always used to be able to by just moving the icons around...I mean really why?).

Third, when you change the wallpaper with your themes on, the icons stay in black boxes when they should just be see-through icons with no individual backgrounds. In other words, when you change to any non-black background, you can see black boxes around each icon when you should just be able to see the whitish-clear icons with the new background through and around each one.

Fourth, that busy icon you used is getting way overused now. Any other one looks better than that weird nuclear-type 3-line symbol. Even the hourglass is better looking IMO.

Fifth, why does the incoming call screen have no cool background or anything? Usually, themes have an individual calling screen different than the normal background and not just a blank screen.

Sixth, when in the full menu screen, when you highlight certain 3rd party icons (most of them), there's no visual highlighting of the icon whatsoever. Nothing, not even a lit up outline. That's weird, you can't even tell what icon the cursor is on.

Good job but I think they just need some work.

Last edited by just4747; 08-04-2008 at 07:40 PM..
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #38
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Ok..last time I say this...Today Plus cannot be created with Themebuilder. Today Plus needs to be created using Plazmic's Composer. I do not plan on doing a today style for this theme. I will be doing L and bottom dock only.
Have you tried using the Custom Theme Type? Then adding Today style entries, with positioned bottom zen icons?

I have done this on several personal themes, and ultimately makes a functional Today Plus Theme.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #39
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I tried them out from pimpmyberry.com....no offense but they have a few problems/issues.

First off, you don't have the profile icon automatically always somewhere on the homescreen like the top corner. Also, the profile icon when in the full menu screen is just a blank icon, no speaker picture or anything. Why do so many themes have this blank icon problem???

Second, you cannot change the homescreen main lineup (i know you said it's not your fault...but why the F would the plazmic creators not let us change the lineup like we always used to be able to by just moving the icons around...I mean really why?).

Third, when you change the wallpaper with your themes on, the icons stay in black boxes when they should just be see-through icons with no individual backgrounds. In other words, when you change to any non-black background, you can see black boxes around each icon when you should just be able to see the whitish-clear icons with the new background through and around each one.

Fourth, that busy icon you used is getting way overused now. Any other one looks better than that weird nuclear-type 3-line symbol. Even the hourglass is better looking IMO. Fifth, why does the incoming call screen have no cool background or anything? Usually, themes have an individual calling screen different than the normal background and not just a blank screen. Good job but I think they need some work.

Fifth, when in the full menu screen, when you highlight certain 3rd party icons (most of them), there's no visual highlighting of the icon whatsoever. Nothing, not even a lit up outline. That's weird, you can't even tell what icon the cursor is on.

now that's an opinion!

I appreciate the critique..I really do.

First) Blank Profile Icon..its a themer's preference. You can get more information in the banner area that way (ala large clock)..

Second) Thats a Plazmic CDK issue..we cannot do a thing about that. It blows...really..I mean stinks. They could have programmed it to work like the Zen.

Third) The icons are horrible without the black background (the way the theme was designed)..That is becasue the source of the icons took the easy way out and cut/copy and pasted them from screen shots. I now have the TRUE icons from 4.6 and will be reworking these themes with the new icons.

Fourth)I wanted to use an animated GIF icon that has the dark flow. The one I used was the closest and cleanest I had...Will most likely be replaced.

Firth)Incoming call screen...well..most of the time you either have a picture for the person calling (and the background is not seen anyways)...or you look at the screen for less than 2 seconds to see the number...

Actually Sixth(lol)) This will be corrected with the new icons. Plus..the bottom of the screen tells you what icon you are presently on.

Thanks for the critique..I will take them all into consideration for the theme rework.

Steve
Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #40
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
Have you tried using the Custom Theme Type? Then adding Today style entries, with positioned bottom zen icons?

I have done this on several personal themes, and ultimately makes a functional Today Plus Theme.
Yes I have. The problem is that, the way CDK is set up now, its not a "true" Today-Plus. Its a Today-Plus "wanna-be"

now that I have the better icons I will consider a today version.
Closed Thread