Old 08-26-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
logicalprogressions

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AIS Thailand
Default Phone Call Log History

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

A while ago, when I clicked on the call button, it would show my last calls in order, as well as whether they were incoming or outgoing, history, duration, time, etc. Something happened sometime on my 8900, or 9500 (can't remember, and anyway, am on 8520 now), and all it shows is last number and name of caller in order, that is it. No history, duration, time of call, or number of calls, incoming/outgoing, etc.

Anyone have any idea how to get back to the way I had it before?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

The default call log is set by RIM and is not configurable. To view a more detailed version, open your message folder and hit Alt + P. Clicking on the individual entries will give you details like call duration.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

I have both work and personal BB and the call log is the same on both: Shows an icon which denotes status (ingoing, outgoing, missed), name (as per my contacts else it shows number only if not in my contacts), whether the number is (H) or (W) or (C) if in contacts, and date. To view additional info, I select a number, click on menu key, select View History. I will then get a list of all calls to or from that number along with date and time and as I scroll through each, it tells the duration.

Work BB is 8830 with 4.5.0.138 on BES
Personal BB is 8900 with 4.6.1.250 on BIS

I think it may have been slightly different with a previous OS version but can't remember for sure.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
logicalprogressions

Thanks for the help Rambo and TXlady.

Rambo, I read an earlier post where you mentioned that and it works fine, but if (for example) Rob calls me then I get 4 calls from other people then I call rob they are in separate places. Its pretty wack.

Txlady, I use to have it the same way you have it now which you explained, but for some reason it changed, and now all I have in call log is (for example)

Duncan (M) 202 5554547

Thats it. And if I scroll over that one there is no option for call history! How on earth can I go back to the way TXlady has it. I just switched back to 8900 and it is still like that. I presume there must be a setting somewhere but can't find it. Even my friends with the same phone have it the way Txlady explained.

Sorry for the troubles, but appreciate the help!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
TXLady

If the menu key is not showing the options then I don't know how to fix it. Are you maybe using a third party theme or something that would have changed the menu options? What version of the OS do you have?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I wonder if this is due to a change in the information your carrier transmits as part of the caller ID package, or a "feature" of the OS on your BlackBerry. As a Tour user (OS 4.7) I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of the 8900 as it's an OS 4.6 device.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Socialblackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: vzw

the log is not configurable
Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
logicalprogressions

My friends are also on AIS and they have the full call logs. Also, the only theme on the device is Precision ZEN.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll figure this out somehow. Or just wait til the 9550 comes out
Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
twinmum06

Carrier: ATT
Unhappy Outgoing Calls not showing (only missed and incoming)

BB 8900 - I have tried at least 6 different suggested methods – nothing works!! HELP! I cannot see my OUTGOING call log list, only incoming and missed. They used to be mixed with white, yellow, and green phone, now my log only shows the white or yellow phone Name or number (M or W) and date. I have - checked my memory I have 119 MB, I have taken out the battery and powered up again, I have gone to messages and hit ALT+P, and I have set my options, general options, Phone View List to CALL LOG, I have set my call logging (message list) to NONE which only shows the history as messages so after trying All Calls (Missed Calls the only other option) and it still doesn’t show an outgoing call (only messages, I set it back to None). I have looked at my messages/View folder/Phone call Logs and I get message "uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" What do I do next? Is there a God out there? The only thing I haven’t tried is throwing my phone against the wall.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
blackberryqueenbee

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

why is the log not configurable?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
TXLady

RIM didn't include the option to configure it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
dablak

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum06 View Post
BB 8900 - I have tried at least 6 different suggested methods – nothing works!! HELP! I cannot see my OUTGOING call log list, only incoming and missed. They used to be mixed with white, yellow, and green phone, now my log only shows the white or yellow phone Name or number (M or W) and date. I have - checked my memory I have 119 MB, I have taken out the battery and powered up again, I have gone to messages and hit ALT+P, and I have set my options, general options, Phone View List to CALL LOG, I have set my call logging (message list) to NONE which only shows the history as messages so after trying All Calls (Missed Calls the only other option) and it still doesn’t show an outgoing call (only messages, I set it back to None). I have looked at my messages/View folder/Phone call Logs and I get message "uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerException" What do I do next? Is there a God out there? The only thing I haven’t tried is throwing my phone against the wall.

Hi, my problem is quite same. I cannot see the missed calls. If I get missed call, there is the icon of missed call on the Home Screen, but in the Call Log it is not shown. I tried same settings like you and get same error message.
Did you already solve it?
Or anybody knows the solution?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
Banning

Model: 9000
Carrier: UTS

Hello all, is there anyone who can answer the question posted above? I have the exact same problem (can only see outgoing and incoming calls, no missed calls) and it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banning View Post
Hello all, is there anyone who can answer the question posted above? I have the exact same problem (can only see outgoing and incoming calls, no missed calls) and it's driving me crazy. Thanks for your help!
Phone folder>Menu>options>call logging>ALL CALLS

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Banning

Carrier: UTS

Thanks, but this only gives me call logs in my Messages folder. I need to see my missed calls in my call history (when I press the green button). That used to be the case until last week.... Big mystery.. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Banning; 12-28-2009 at 01:40 PM..
Closed Thread