BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
Shadysprings
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Is there a Today theme for Torch?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a iPhone 3GS and BB Bold 9000 user. I intended to switch over to iPhone but the short battery life and soft keyboard don't work for me, so I've stuck with Bold 9000 as it's mainly used for email.

I went to an at&t store today and played with the Torch. I was very surprised by how fast the interface is and web browser is MUCH better than before. Can't say if it's any better or worse than iPhone but seems similar, which is a big step for RIM in itself.

So my question is if anyone knows if a Today theme is available for the Torch? I've been using the Marco combo Today theme for years and can't live without it.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
hmong
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Check the forums

BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
Old 08-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Shadysprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong View Post
Did you even check the link you just post? Please show me the 9800 Today Theme. Thanks for the reply but please add value.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Shady,

Did you check the link? That is the section for posting themes. If there are 9800 themes, they would be there.

Have you done any research for yourself, as in using the SEARCH feature or Google. I don't think that you will see many right now as the device is just released. Most will probably be premium these as well.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadysprings View Post
Did you even check the link you just post? Please show me the 9800 Today Theme. Thanks for the reply but please add value.
No one is gonna spoon feed ya. You must do some work on your own.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Shadysprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Shady,

Did you check the link? That is the section for posting themes. If there are 9800 themes, they would be there.

Have you done any research for yourself, as in using the SEARCH feature or Google. I don't think that you will see many right now as the device is just released. Most will probably be premium these as well.
Thanks. I searched for "torch today theme" and "9800 today theme" and both came back with zero results. This is why I posted the question. But you're right, there isn't one out there yet that I've found searching with Google, or at blackberry sites like this one.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
dz8

What are you looking for exactly with a today theme?

I ask because the torch interface is different from your bold. It has a built in events/notifications shelf on the home screen which is better in my opinion than most of the today screens found in older blackberries. I don't really think you need a today screen but that's just me.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Shadysprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz8 View Post
What are you looking for exactly with a today theme?

I ask because the torch interface is different from your bold. It has a built in events/notifications shelf on the home screen which is better in my opinion than most of the today screens found in older blackberries. I don't really think you need a today screen but that's just me.
Hi dz8,
I'm specifically looking for having 8 icons and 2-3 Calendar entries and 2-3 new messages(SMS or email) all on the homescreen. This is so I can quickly see what's coming up without needing to press any buttons or tap any icons.
Here's the link - http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...heme-bold.html

We have 400 Blackberry users at my company all using this for over the past 2-3 years. It's considered by business users to be the only theme needed.

So as we're evaluating the Torch, we're hoping to make the move as transparent as possible, but take advantage of all the new features of the Torch.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
dz8

I see. Yeah, I have not seen any yet but I'm sure they'll be available. The one click works for me but I can see how people would want it without any interaction.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
Shadysprings

Quote:
I see. Yeah, I have not seen any yet but I'm sure they'll be available. The one click works for me but I can see how people would want it without any interaction.
On the 9800, can you click somewhere on the homescreen and bring up the next few calendar events? Without fully launching calendar?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
dz8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadysprings View Post
On the 9800, can you click somewhere on the homescreen and bring up the next few calendar events? Without fully launching calendar?
Yes. Outside of the app drawer that expands/contracts at the bottom of the home screen, the home screen also has two panes that drop down.

One is what you're looking for which is the notifications/events pane. You tap between the speaker icon and the magnifying glass on the home screen and it drops down a panel that shows you next few calendar appointments, new emails, missed calls, sms/mms, social feeds, etc.

The second is a pane for managing your connections (wifi, bluetooth, 3g, etc) which drops down if you tap on the time.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
Shadysprings

Quote:
Yes. Outside of the app drawer that expands/contracts at the bottom of the home screen, the home screen also has two panes that drop down.

One is what you're looking for which is the notifications/events pane. You tap between the speaker icon and the magnifying glass on the home screen and it drops down a panel that shows you next few calendar appointments, new emails, missed calls, sms/mms, social feeds, etc.

The second is a pane for managing your connections (wifi, bluetooth, 3g, etc) which drops down if you tap on the time.
That sounds good. I've been looking for a worthy replacement for the 9000. The 9700 didn't do it for me, but the 9800 looks really good. OK, off to at&t store i go. Thanks for your comments.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Joshiyama
Thumbs Must Hurt

Honestly the OS 6 interface does not require any additional themes. It just simply works perfectly. It is going to be a culture change but after day 2 with this device I am getting the hang of it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

If you don't use (i) wallpapers or (ii) anything other than the "All" part of the app tray, then the default theme is annoying in terms of (a) the app tray closing when you scroll to the top and (b) the "Frequent" and other parts of the app tray.

If there was a way to (1) lock the app tray so it didn't close and (2) only list All apps, but still allow use of the today tray by clicking the ribbon to open and clicking ESC to close, then the default theme would be great.

Is there any way to accomplish this?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
ninja007

I believe that I have the theme that you are looking for.

I too had a Blackberry Bold 9000 using the Marco theme and was looking for something similar.

Try this and let me know.

The Theme Zone: Torch 9800: Classic Today +

Take care....
Old 10-25-2010, 09:36 AM   #16
clymerclan

Directly underneath the time on the home screen, tap the envelope icon and will toggle the home screen to a built-in "today" theme.
Closed Thread