Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
frazzells

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default app world missing on 8520 curve

Please Login to Remove!

a few weeks ago i got tht i needed to update my bb world so i did but my phone crashed while up loaded so the battery came out but since then my bb world hasn't came bk
i did manage to uninstall it thru blackberry desktop and it is now back on my phone but i cant find the icon anywhere is anybody else having this problem or is it jst my bb =(
Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9300
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: app world missing on 8520 curve

Why not just use your browser to go the the Blackberry Home Page, click on "Visit Blackberry App World" and it will prompt you to download the latest version and set it up (if you don't already have it)
Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
frazzells

its got the latest on there
from going thru options then applications it says its version 1.1.0.33 if tht helps
Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do you use a BIS or BES connection as your active service. Sometimes if you have a BES (one that is set up on a corporate server) service for your Blackberry, it will restrict access to App World in order to control what is loaded onto the phone.

If you have a BIS connection (Blackberry Internet Service that you pay your phone provider for) and you have the latest version of App World on the phone already, then you might have a corrupted file or error on your phone (are you getting any error messages on the phone)

If that is the case you might try uninstalling App World and re-installing to see if that clears up your problem.

If you don't have a BES or BIS service App World will not work

PS: If you cant see the Icon for the App have you tried looking in you "Downloads" folder. It might be located there and not on your main screen since reloading.

Edit: Did you "Hide" the icon after you downloaded it, maybe you clicked on "Hide" while you were trying to "Move" the icon. If this is the case all you have to do is click on menu and un-check hide.

Last edited by jaszman; 04-10-2011 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: Edit
Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
frazzells

cheers for the help last night i got frustrated and was installing it over n delteing it thn do it again then a message popped up saying do u want to over-write the file so i clicked yes n magically it came bk so my problem has been fixed but thanks for the help
Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
jaszman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzells View Post
cheers for the help last night i got frustrated and was installing it over n delteing it thn do it again then a message popped up saying do u want to over-write the file so i clicked yes n magically it came bk so my problem has been fixed but thanks for the help
frazzells, Glad to hear you found the problem. Sometimes it is frustrating trying to figure out what it is that has happened to our phone, but usually shear persistence will pay off in the long run.
Closed Thread