Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
SolisRob

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Exchange migration from SBS 2003 to 2007

Please Login to Remove!

Before everyone tells me to search, I promise I have but did not find a scenario that totally fits my situation. So here we go.

I have recently upgraded an Exchange environment from a customer's SBS 2003 server to a Windows 2008 Exchange 2007 environment. Currently things are running as they should, the MAPI profile forwarded as planned, and prior to the migration, applied the permissions to the new mail server, which allowed for an ease of flow during the migration.

Here is where I need some help. BES is installed on this SBS server which housed Exchange 2003. SBS has weird relational hooks with Exchange loaded on it, so for the first step, I want to shutdown the old server's Information Store and all other Exchange services, before eventually removing it from the server, if possible.

Now when going to stop the IS on the SBS 2003 server, it prompts that is will stop three dependent service regarding the BES. Is there a way to have the current BES installation "point" to the new server for its connection to the Information Store there? I am familiar with the whole MAPI and CDO 1.2.1 installation since i have done this for other customers with BES installations not on their Exchange servers. Will installing this on a server with on old version of Exchange that I want to decommision anyway work following a restart so that I may shutdown the Exchange services on the old server?

I look forward to your feedback.

Edit: Is KB14502 what I am needing to follow in order to complete what I am asking?

Last edited by SolisRob; 10-26-2009 at 11:51 AM..
Old 10-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

That KB14502 is a great guide.

You dont point anything, it is AD driven.

IIRC You will have to remove old exchagne server to use cdo 1.2.1. Make sure all is well on the new system with out the old one before doing so. Keep a backup of it in case anything was missed.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread