BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
djlin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T
Default Beta Users Wanted: Unlock the Potential of Your Bold!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

We're the founders of a new web service called Oomble that is currently in development. On the heels of our incredibly successful beta release for the Samsung Instinct, we are now looking for beta testers to help us unlock the potential of your Bold.

Oomble is a completely wireless service that lets you manage the photos and music on your phone, all from your computer’s web browser. Sign up for Oomble and you’ll be able to instantly drag and drop your photos and songs from your hard drive or your favorite sites (such as Flickr, Kodak Gallery, Photobucket, Facebook, and MySpace) right into your Bold (and vice versa) with a single click.

Here is what one beta user has said about Oomble:

"This is the app I've been waiting for. One Word = Amazing. Now I have something to brag about to my iPhone buddies!"

Oomble is best experienced on your Bold when you are using WiFi. Oomble does work on the Bold with 3G, but as some of you may have experienced, 3G network performance of the Bold can be unpredictable at times (this is a known firmware/chipset issue for the Bold). We've done our best to make sure Oomble is able to recover from these network issues, so please let us know if you also experience network problems with Oomble.

We are opening general beta registration to only 200 Bold signups (AT&T only, for now), so sign up now to be sure you’re one of the first to try out Oomble!

Just go to Oomble (www.oomble.com) to signup using Internet Explorer and enter the promotional code: BOLD

We hope you like Oomble! And please do provide us any feedback at [email address]. Thanks so much.

Best,

Dan and Chris
Old 02-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
JSylvia007
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 2166B57D

The first thing to get people to try the beta is to support FireFox.
Proud consumer of the BlackBerry KoolAid!
Bold 9700 v5.0.0.423 - at&t - Pin: 2166B57D
Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSylvia007 View Post
The first thing to get people to try the beta is to support FireFox.
Hi Jacob,

Understood. We are working to release a Firefox version as soon as we can (it is almost finished). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

dan
Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
westpak

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Firefox FTW
Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

So I guess Safari/Mac support is pretty low on the priority list, huh? :(
Old 02-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
chetzy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: o2 - uk

another mac user who would like to try this out... will keep an eye on this application..
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetzy View Post
another mac user who would like to try this out... will keep an eye on this application..
Thanks rambo47 and chetzy,

Our hope is that when the Firefox support comes out, you'll at least be able to try it on the Mac. Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
cer2225

Model: 8100

djlin,

I signed up but since my company doesn't pay for sms I can not get the confirmation code. Is there a way to get it sent to my email? I do have a full data plan and would love to try this out.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cer2225 View Post
djlin,

I signed up but since my company doesn't pay for sms I can not get the confirmation code. Is there a way to get it sent to my email? I do have a full data plan and would love to try this out.

Thanks
Hi cer2225,

Thanks for the post and question. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to use Oomble without SMS capabilities. When you press sync on Oomble's web site after you have dragged and dropped content on and off your phone on the web site, the Oomble client on your phone automatically wakes up to "sync" up what you did on the web with what you have on the phone - our technology utilizes an SMS to wakeup the client on your phone, so the service itself also needs SMS.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #10
dbltap

Model: 9800

I did give it a try. However, I had over 1500 songs and pics on my Bold. I never could get the device to synch. It could about 900+ items updated onto the site. But would never finish the job. Seemed to have a really hard time making connection and keeping that connection.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbltap View Post
I did give it a try. However, I had over 1500 songs and pics on my Bold. I never could get the device to synch. It could about 900+ items updated onto the site. But would never finish the job. Seemed to have a really hard time making connection and keeping that connection.

dltap,

Thanks so much for much the comment and trying it out. Yeah, the first time you press "Sync" on Oomble, it can take a little while if you have a lot of content starting out. But you can always go to your Settings->Media Settings in the upper right hand corner and turn off the syncing part (uncheck "upload photos . . ." and "upload song info . . .").

When you turn that setting off, you can still try dragging new content from Flickr, Facebook, MySpace, iTunes, etc. into your phone to get it on the phone or look at the 900+ items you have synced up and use the "delete" button in Oomble to delete those you don't want anymore (and then press "Sync"). If you keep the setting on, the syncing process should start up where it left off.

Regarding the network connection, we've confirmed that the Bold has some issues with some of its firmware/chipset combinations that wreak havoc on applications that use the network. I'm afraid the losing of the connection might be out of our hands. My own Bold always flips between 3G and EDGE all the time. Are you using WiFi or 3G? We've done our best to deal with the Bold's network connection issues, but seems like you still might be having more problems recovering - can you please provide a little more detail as to what is happening and we'll try to look into it?

Thanks,

dan
Old 02-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
cer2225

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlin View Post
Hi cer2225,

Thanks for the post and question. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to use Oomble without SMS capabilities. When you press sync on Oomble's web site after you have dragged and dropped content on and off your phone on the web site, the Oomble client on your phone automatically wakes up to "sync" up what you did on the web with what you have on the phone - our technology utilizes an SMS to wakeup the client on your phone, so the service itself also needs SMS.
That makes sense but as long as I know that I have to have the client running before I sync then I should be fine. Can I try it out?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cer2225 View Post
That makes sense but as long as I know that I have to have the client running before I sync then I should be fine. Can I try it out?

cer225, thanks so much. Unfortunately, the client doesn't work this way. It is not always running in the background - we didn't want to clog up your device with something that was always running in the background. It is woken up when you press sync on the web and then exits when you are done - but that means without SMS, it doesn't work well. I'm sorry.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
doaneramma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9100
Carrier: Rogers

Any idea on a Storm-centric version ETA?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
JSylvia007

PIN: 2166B57D

i'm having nothing but issues with this software. I have yet to get it to sync successfully with my Bold, and I am using the most updated client from your website.

The sync never completes, and then after the app exits, my device us unusable, and I need to do a battery pull to get it working again.

Any suggestions?
Proud consumer of the BlackBerry KoolAid!
Bold 9700 v5.0.0.423 - at&t - Pin: 2166B57D
Old 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #16
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSylvia007 View Post
i'm having nothing but issues with this software. I have yet to get it to sync successfully with my Bold, and I am using the most updated client from your website.

The sync never completes, and then after the app exits, my device us unusable, and I need to do a battery pull to get it working again.

Any suggestions?

Jacob,

We are very sorry about your problems. Would you mind corresponding with us at [email address]? We'll try to personally debug your issues with you if you have the time and inclination. We really appreciate you testing out the beta release and helping us with these issues. Thanks again. Quick question - are you using WiFi or are you on 3G?

Best,

dan
Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Ketchums

Model: Bold

I just installed it onto my comp, and it won't even let me upload songs onto the site - it just keeps saying "error opening file for upload"
Old 04-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #18
djlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchums View Post
I just installed it onto my comp, and it won't even let me upload songs onto the site - it just keeps saying "error opening file for upload"
Thanks Ketchums. A few questions:

1) What OS and browser are you using? IE or FF? Right now, Internet Explorer is fully supported (we are still finalizing our Firefox support, although parts of Oomble currently work . . .)

2) Were you prompted to install the plugin for the browser and did it successfully install?

3) Were you clicking on "My Computer" when this happened?

Also, pls feel free to email us as [email address] as well, we can log these issues and work towards fixing them as well as correspond directly with you.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #19
muck

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

limited to north america only?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #20
Ketchums

Model: Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlin View Post
Thanks Ketchums. A few questions:

1) What OS and browser are you using? IE or FF? Right now, Internet Explorer is fully supported (we are still finalizing our Firefox support, although parts of Oomble currently work . . .)

2) Were you prompted to install the plugin for the browser and did it successfully install?

3) Were you clicking on "My Computer" when this happened?

Also, pls feel free to email us as [email address] as well, we can log these issues and work towards fixing them as well as correspond directly with you.
1. Internet Explorer, 4.6.0.167

2. Yeah, I installed it

3. Yeah, My Computer
Closed Thread