Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
geelite

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ZAIN
Default Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

Please Login to Remove!

I cant seem able to instal the desktop software, i have tried it on 2 different laptops. I keep getting, cant finish instal
Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Unable to finish desktop software instal HELP

You're trying to install the Blackberry Dekstop software? What is the operating system of the laptop(s)? Where did you get the software installation - the CD that came with the device or did you download it from Blackberry.com? Either may have gotten corrupted - I would uninstall (if it shows in the applications list), reboot the laptop and (re-)download it from Blackberry BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
geelite

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ZAIN

Hi Andi,

Yes i am trying to install the Blackberry Desktop Software, i have tried on both my laptops and unable to finish. I am using Windows XP. I have tried the CD that came with my Blackberry and also trying it from the website.

This is what i keep getting - "The installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Web Download) has failed. Setup will now exit."
Old 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I don't have the exact answer to what is happening. But, it sounds like you are doing an update over the internet automatically using Desktop Manager. Do the following instead.

1- Download the OS file from your carrier or from a source linked in the "latest OS" thread here on the forum.

2- Run the OS file to install the OS on your computer.

3- See the directions in the "latest OS" thread to delete the vendor.xml file if you downloaded the OS from another carrier, and then use app loader to install the OS on the BlackBerry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by geelite View Post
Hi Andi,

Yes i am trying to install the Blackberry Desktop Software, i have tried on both my laptops and unable to finish. I am using Windows XP. I have tried the CD that came with my Blackberry and also trying it from the website.

This is what i keep getting - "The installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Web Download) has failed. Setup will now exit."
That sounds like maybe a problem with Microsoft not the desktop software. Try to install the .Net framework on its own - you can download it here Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Make sure you have done a complete uninstall of the BB Desktop software (and a reboot) then try again. Good luck!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I don't have the exact answer to what is happening. But, it sounds like you are doing an update over the internet automatically using Desktop Manager. Do the following instead.

1- Download the OS file from your carrier or from a source linked in the "latest OS" thread here on the forum.

2- Run the OS file to install the OS on your computer.

3- See the directions in the "latest OS" thread to delete the vendor.xml file if you downloaded the OS from another carrier, and then use app loader to install the OS on the BlackBerry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
I am a moron. How I didn't read desktop manager I don't know.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
That sounds like maybe a problem with Microsoft not the desktop software. Try to install the .Net framework on its own - you can download it here Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

Make sure you have done a complete uninstall of the BB Desktop software (and a reboot) then try again. Good luck!
Agree. And if you uninstall Desktop Manager, it may save time to go ahead and do a clean uninstall. Do a search on clean ininstall blackberry desktop manager and you will find instructions.