BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
gsm4ever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default How to use Docs to Go Standard Edition?

Please Login to Remove!

Can anyone help me out, please? Before I buy the upgrade premium edition, Id like to know how to start a new document on the standard edition on the Bold. When I try to start a new file by cloking *New, I get the message, "Your smatphone comes with Docs to Go Standard edition. The festure you are trying to use is not available in the standard edition." So I cannot start to create a new document. Please help or I must be doing somethin wrong. Thanks you, all.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You can't start a new document with the free version. You need the premium edition.

What you can do is save a blank document from Word and Excel and save them to your device as "New Document" and then open, edit and then do a Save As. That's the current workaround.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
jrosepatt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Ok I think this is my 1st post but I am terribly confused. I am trying to open and save some documents that were sent to me in my email. Can someone PLEASE walk me thru the steps. Everything I have tried just doesn't seem to work.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Mikef1182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
You can't start a new document with the free version. You need the premium edition.

What you can do is save a blank document from Word and Excel and save them to your device as "New Document" and then open, edit and then do a Save As. That's the current workaround.

That is a great idea! Thanks for the tip, I cant believe I didnt think about that!

Check out my blog: Mobile Mike
Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosepatt View Post
Ok I think this is my 1st post but I am terribly confused. I am trying to open and save some documents that were sent to me in my email. Can someone PLEASE walk me thru the steps. Everything I have tried just doesn't seem to work.

Thanks
If the email doesn't give you the option to "Open Attachment", then you probably need to save the attachment first. Then try to open it. If it still doesn't work it may be an unsupported document format. Then you're SOL.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
dbo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Default Still can't save attachment

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I got as an attachment. I can open it and edit it, but I don't see an option to save it to the device anywhere. What am I missing?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbo View Post
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I got as an attachment. I can open it and edit it, but I don't see an option to save it to the device anywhere. What am I missing?
Do you have a media card? That may be what is holding you back from saving an attachment.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
dbo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Can't save Docs to Go files

I do have a media card and it's working fine for videos, pictures, etc. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Do you have Documents To Go installed? I don't know if that's necessary to save an Excel spreadsheet. If you can open and edit it you should be able to use the Blackberry menu and choose "save". If that option is missing you may indeed need DocsToGo to save it. Weird though.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
dbo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Not sure I understand your question. I have Word to Go, Sheets to Go, etc. installed with my Bold, as everyone else does, but I have not separately installed Documents to Go. I can certainly open the spreadsheet as an attachment to my email, but I'm trying to save it as a stand-alone file to my card, so that I can refer to it again when I need to, without it permanently being an email attachment.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Since you have Documents To Go (Word, Sheets, ect.) then perhaps your attachment service needs to be re-installed.

Hook the BB up to the DM and run the App Loader and make sure the attachment service is checked. This is the advice ZeroG46 gave someone in another thread and it helped with attachments.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #12
aamato
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

Does anyone know what the difference is with PDF To Go Standard (version which came on the Bold) vs. Premium? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #13
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

I bought the premium upgrade, but haven't installed a card in my device. The device memory has been installing my pdf's and excel sheets as I open them under the pdf to go and sheet to go icons.

How do I delete these pdf's and excel sheets? How do I delete files I created when I was trying these features out?

Last edited by guinda35; 12-14-2008 at 10:55 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #14
pauld6

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Installed 4.5 for my ATT curve, but can't find docs to go.
[email address]
http//mysite.verizon.net/pauld6
Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #15
tthompson204

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Also installed 4.5 on my Sprint Curve and no Docs to go. It is also not in the app loader in DM. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Closed Thread