Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
hoyoonbid

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Unhappy HTML email viewing problem with non-english fonts

Please Login to Remove!

I have os 4.5.0.42 on my tmobile 8120 deivice with BIS upgrade.

after the BIS update, everything went smooth with HTML email viewing capability, but one thing.

I occasionally receive emails in korean, and the fonts with HTML contents together tend to break all the time.

To state the situation clear, I have already installed korean fonts so I can surf korean web pages without any problems, and I could read all HTML mails in korean without any problems with EMV application..
But the fonts get broken with natural BB mail viewer with HTML option enabled.

One another funny thing about this matter is that.. the fonts become readable if I click on 'receive plain texts' option. it reloads only text, and it becomes readable. but if I reload with HTML contents, the fonts become unreadable again.. Quite funny.. and annoying.

another thing I found is that if i forward the email with broken fonts from my BB device to different email account, it forwards the email with readable korean contents and enabled HTML.

So I actually have two other ways around for reading mails in korean(I also checked mails with japanese and chinese.. same things happen), but it is still annoying.

Is there any 'fix' for this problems that I have?

to mention another thing regarding fonts issue, the music player can not read korean or japanese fonts in list/file views... but it can read all korean/japanese fonts in 'playlist' view....

So I guess there must be missing link between those process which I quite dont understand...

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread