Old 10-14-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Default Question about WiFi

Please Login to Remove!

folks, i'm plannin on gettin the t-mo BlackBerry Curve (8320) because it has WiFi.. QUESTION IS: will push email, web-browsing and IM-ing still work over WiFi? i have a linksys wireless at home and was wondering if i could fully use that and at the same time save me some kb charges off my t-mo account (no plans of getting the unlimited data plan yet, have to test the waters with this question) -- or let's say what if im in some area where there's no t-mo coverage but i still got internet over my WLAN at home, will my BlackBerry still be acting like a BlackBerry with push-email, surfin and IM-ing (over WiFi)? thanks all.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
BBman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105
Carrier: t-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
folks, i'm plannin on gettin the t-mo BlackBerry Curve (8320) because it has WiFi.. QUESTION IS: will push email, web-browsing and IM-ing still work over WiFi? i have a linksys wireless at home and was wondering if i could fully use that and at the same time save me some kb charges off my t-mo account (no plans of getting the unlimited data plan yet, have to test the waters with this question) -- or let's say what if im in some area where there's no t-mo coverage but i still got internet over my WLAN at home, will my BlackBerry still be acting like a BlackBerry with push-email, surfin and IM-ing (over WiFi)? thanks all.
I have poor T-mobile signal in my office at home. I signed up for Hot spots @ Home and now my entire house has great reception. When using H@H my calls are free, (not charged against my bucket of minutes.) Assuming you have a blackberry data plan, you will also get your e-mail and internet using H@H.
Should you not sign up to H@H, you can also use the WiFi (H@H) setup but you calls will come out of you bucket of plan minutes. E-mail and internet will also work. Again, assuming you have an unlimited data plan with T-Mobile, no charges will occur.
Call T-mobile and check it out. H@H has enhanced my service with t-mobile in many ways. The top two would be:
Unlimited calling in my home; like having an additional house line.
Just about any WiFi service, even over-seas is free.
CS
Old 10-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You still need a BB data plan in order to get push email over wifi.

Moving to Wifi forum.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 AM   #4
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Arrow

so i still need to get a data plan for push-email to work over WiFi.. okay but if i do that, would t-mo still charge me whenever i just use my WLAN at home? im thinkin about a worry-free bill when it comes data usage --- if that's ever possible.. thanks
Closed Thread