Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
shaunyboi

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default White Screen After Changing (LCD) Please Help

Please Login to Remove!

Hello people, i've got a (Blackberry Curve 8520) and i only knocked it not that hard but it managed to crack my screen i had a hairline crack going straight down the middle, anyways i went on ebay the next day an purchased a new screen, i've heard that there's two typed of screens for the (Blackberry Curve 8520) i think the one i purchased is the (004/005) version, but i don't exactly no what is the right one for my Blackberry as i can't see any digits like that of any kind on the back of my broken Blackberry screen, just two initials an a chunk of number like this (HB898282020) this is not the exact number just an example, but i received my new screen and i installed it with extra care, an i put my battery back in the red light came on at the top, then the screen came on an just stopped at a solid white, i left it for a while then after so long i got it and started to pressing buttons, an the phone still functions, as i press the left conviniance key it say's (say a command) and my other conviniance key is set to Screen Muncher, and it still makes that (Nommm) sound, so the phone is still responding but the screen is just a solid white, i've only had it a week and i broke it, i got myself a (blackberry) tariff on (o2) whitch i put (£10) on an i've only used it for just a week so i'm loosing out cause evan tho there's unlimted net an pic messaging etc, i still can't put that sim card in another phone an use it cause i've tried because it's set to a Blackberry tariff, i'd be really apreciated if some one could point me in the right direction on what else to do cause i'm out of ideas i was just about to go on envirofone.com to sell it but i thought i'll check a forum first see if i can get any help, anyways sorry about the essay lol but if anyone could help me i'd be much appreciated thank you : )
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
xiDylan

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ?
Default Re: White Screen After Changing (LCD) Please Help

Don't know what to do but that is a lot of writing lol