BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
airf0rce

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Unlocked T-Mobile Pearl on FIDO - no go....

Please Login to Remove!

<sigh> this has been an odd event indeed for me. I have purchased an unlocked Pearl from the T-Mobile network to which for some reason, when I try to create a new account on BIS, that this phone is registered with another carrier and cannot be activated on use this network. I used the fido.blackberry.com website to register.

So with that said, I had the phone replaced, same problem. When I contacted T-Mobile, they refuse to look up the PIN/IMEI number to release it (as it was bought as a refurb, but they are concerned if the phone was used unlawfully - unpaid bills - hence why they won't release it).

Is there anything I can do without sending back my Pearl for a refund, and having to run around again? Is Fido purposely blocking the use of other BB's besides their touted Nokia piece of....work... ;)
Old 11-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the Forums.

Where are you purchasing the BBs from, I did not know TMo sold unlocked BlackBerrys. If you are purchasing from a third-party source, used, TMo won't have anything to do with it. You must have the previous user to release the PIN / IMEI from the account.

Sometimes, TMo will do it if you are nice and just explain that you bought it used. However, if it has been recorded as lost or stolen, nope.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
airf0rce

Carrier: Fido

Thanks buddy for the advice - I did buy it refurbed from ebay from a company that had thousands of successful sales, so I thought "eh, why not"

So JSanders - are you saying to take him up on his offer for a refund? Where would you suggest I go to replace it? I did read the dos and don'ts of buying online, so I felt rather safe on this one....
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

well, there can be a bad apple in any bunch of good ones, so it could be simply you could get a "good" one after these "bad" two in a row. Likely this seller has access to buying turned in BBs to carriers, or even corporate turn-ins when they are replaced en masse.

For a good 8100, I personally would look on our Buy Sell site right here. I have purchased two used BB here and never had a one moment of trouble. Many of the sellers have good reputations. Maybe you should post a Wanted to Buy?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
hoedepot604

Carrier: tmobile

its not fido i have 2 on fido now one is from t-mobile and the other is from at&t. must be the phones ur getting... good luck with the next one or buy an unlock code from ebay but just not from the same seller.. lol
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
swiftex

Model: 8830
Carrier: telus+fido

providing phone is legit,
go to bis online and request password sent to pin #,
then phone your carrier (fido) tell them you just setup a new account and cannot remember your user id (this info you can get from carrier only, they have access to this),
once you have user id and password then logon, change password so that previous account holder cannot access your info,

remember you cannot change user id,
just change password and keep using the user id carrier gives you

as i said this is for a legit phone purchased unlocked, make sure or return phone for refund, do not use the above if phone is not legitimate

this will get you up and running

Last edited by swiftex; 11-27-2007 at 01:17 AM..
Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 AM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

It will get you up and running with someone else's email address....
Closed Thread