Old 03-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
FT1

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar VE
Default BES Professional, Exchange 2007, no Wireless communication

Please Login to Remove!

Hello
I'm trying to make a BES Professional installation over a mixed (Exchange 2003, 2007) environment.

USB provisioning worked good, also desktop client (configured as BES client) did instant sync of emails, calendar, notes, etc.

The only not working aspect is the wireless (over the GPRS network) communication. No email, calendar or anything is working with no USB cable connected.

Router server test pass just OK, also command line testing utilities pass with no errors. Firewall is not blocking router traffic at all.

Wireless enterprise activation did time out with a "server unavailable" error message (similar message but in Spanish).

I'm really stuck here.

I need some kind of debug log so I can get a more precise detail on what is not working here.

Any ideas?.. Help!!!!

Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
bbxpert
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel

Call your phone provider and make sure your phone is configured to work on a BES. Even if you did sign up for that plan, call them anyway since they may have to re send the configuration to your BB.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
kapasaca

Model: 8900
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxpert View Post
Call your phone provider and make sure your phone is configured to work on a BES. Even if you did sign up for that plan, call them anyway since they may have to re send the configuration to your BB.
if GPRS is in capital lettersd, your subscription should be fine.

When sending an email wirelessly, what's the error message you get in that email. (open up the unsend mail and scroll up a read the error message)
Old 03-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
FT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapasaca View Post
if GPRS is in capital lettersd, your subscription should be fine.

When sending an email wirelessly, what's the error message you get in that email. (open up the unsend mail and scroll up a read the error message)
I have the word EDGE in capital letters.
On device boot process (or wireless start sequence) can be read the following word sequence:
GSM
edge
EDGE

When I'm not connected to the lan with the USB cable I have all outgoing emails sent from the device marked with a "X" instantly with the following status: "Service Bloqued".

I did call my service provider but the standard tech support guys know "nothing" about BES so I was talking in a strange language to them.

I'll try a different approach today so maybe I'm lucky enough to talk with some one qualified to the subject there.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Service Blocked means that you do not have the correct data plan. If you are getting EDGE then you have a data plan but it's a BIS plan and not a BES plan. Once that is corrected you will be able to send email fine.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
FT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson_hg View Post
Service Blocked means that you do not have the correct data plan. If you are getting EDGE then you have a data plan but it's a BIS plan and not a BES plan. Once that is corrected you will be able to send email fine.
Thanks, I'll try that with our sales representative tomorrow and post back results
Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
bbxpert

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel

GPRS or Upper Case EDGE simply means the device has data of some fashion, it doesn't mean its been setup for BES vs BIS. As FT1 has stated. The Service Block is the key phrase there.

If you have GSM, edge or gprs (lower case) the phone does not have data coverage, that could simply be the area you are in, even though you pay for data.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
FT1

I must thank everyone since everyone was right and every line of text was a clue pointing to the right direction.
The problem was my service plan (BIS instead of BES)
The key to solve this was my last call to the sales rep. with this speech:

Me: Hello, can you swap my plan from BIS to BES
Sales rep: Sure!!.. do you want to doit right know?
Me: Please
Sales rep: Ok, done, thank you for calling

After that everything start working just perfect.
Thanks again everyone
Closed Thread