Old 03-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
rughbir

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry Professional Installation

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I have installed Blackberry Professional on a server with Microsoft SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003. The installation was straight forward and I have my blackberry connected to my PC using the USB cable and activated. Whilst the blackberry is connected to my PC i have no problems in receiving my emails but once disconnected I do not receive any on wireless.

Was there some configuration I have missed on my blackberry device (This is my first Blackberry installation) which I wasn't aware off ? My carrier tells me it is enabled on my plan.

Thank you.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
bbxpert
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel

Have you called the carrier and asked them to check? Ask them to re-send the configuation to the device, sometimes they set them up or say they did but it doesn't get sent to the device.

You have uppercase EDGE or uppercase GPRS on the phone as well right?

If that doesn't do it you can call RIM and use your free ticket you would have gotten to troubleshoot it.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
rughbir

I will be calling the carrier again on tuesday to make sure. They seny text messages to the the phones to say that it was enabled and yes I do have GPRS. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
kapasaca

Model: 8900
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rughbir View Post
Hi

I have installed Blackberry Professional on a server with Microsoft SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003. The installation was straight forward and I have my blackberry connected to my PC using the USB cable and activated. Whilst the blackberry is connected to my PC i have no problems in receiving my emails but once disconnected I do not receive any on wireless.

Was there some configuration I have missed on my blackberry device (This is my first Blackberry installation) which I wasn't aware off ? My carrier tells me it is enabled on my plan.

Thank you.
it's hard to tell you what goes wrong.
When you send an email with your BB (wireless) and get a red X in front of the message, open that message and scroll up to the top.
You'll see an error message (unable to submit message or you will only be able to save draft) This error will tell you more.
Furthermore look at you coverage, does it say GPRS in capital letters?

Did you install the BES unader a BESAdmin account that you created?
Did you open the Blackberry Manager with the BESAdmin account when you added the user?
Did you set the correct rights in AD and ESM?

here's a copy of a maual i wrote during my first install, maybe it'll help you a little. (attached)
n.b. it's for an install on a normal 2003 server which doens't include exchange on that server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
File Type: zip installation.zip (2.7 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by kapasaca; 03-23-2008 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
rughbir

I have put my response in red below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapasaca View Post
it's hard to tell you what goes wrong.
When you send an email with your BB (wireless) and get a red X in front of the message, open that message and scroll up to the top.
You'll see an error message (unable to submit message or you will only be able to save draft) This error will tell you more.
The BB came up with a message that "This service is blocked" Are there any setting that you need to configure onthe BB before this would work ?

Furthermore look at you coverage, does it say GPRS in capital letters?
Yes it does

Did you install the BES unader a BESAdmin account that you created?
Yes i did

Did you open the Blackberry Manager with the BESAdmin account when you added the user?
Yes i did

Did you set the correct rights in AD and ESM?
Yes I have as per the installation guides

here's a copy of a maual i wrote during my first install, maybe it'll help you a little. (attached)
n.b. it's for an install on a normal 2003 server which doens't include exchange on that server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by rughbir; 03-24-2008 at 08:07 AM..
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Malkier
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ALL

Make sure the carrier has enabled BES not BIS, both will show up as GPRS, but you will not be able to use BIS with a BES.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:38 AM   #7
kapasaca

Model: 8900
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkier View Post
Make sure the carrier has enabled BES not BIS, both will show up as GPRS, but you will not be able to use BIS with a BES.
this sounds to be right!

http://www.pocketmailsupport.com
Old 03-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
Phoenix887
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ALL
Carrier: QTEL

It is right.Service blocked is a provisioning issue with BES subcription.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #9
rughbir

Guys thanks for all your help. After a 5th call to the carrier they resent subscription package to the phones and they worked.
Closed Thread