Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Default 9850 Tip: Remove unused languages - get a new key

Please Login to Remove!

So the first week or so that I used by 9850 Torch, I was constantly (accidentally) pressing the language key on the keypad (looks like a globe, located left of the space bar. This caused me to change languages several times, and caused a handful of swear words to erupt from my lips.

One way to truly remove the languages is to install your current OS on your PC, run AppLoader, and uncheck them. This honestly un-installs them from the device.

A faster way, though, to at least get rid of the language key 'on the fly' is to do this:
  1. Click on the Setup icon
  2. Click on Languages and Input...
  3. Under the Manage Languages and Input Methods, UNCHECK the languages you don't want to use/see, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
  4. At the pop up message "Remove all unselected languages from your device", click Yes.
  5. Restart the device when prompted.

If you only left one language checked, you will no longer have a language key to the left of the space bar. That key will now be a question mark key (which is kinda nice to have on the main keypad).

Last edited by juwaack68; 09-26-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
dviles

Model: 8330m
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
So the first week or so that I used by 9850 Torch, I was constantly (accidentally) pressing the language key on the keypad (looks like a globe, located left of the space bar. This caused me to change languages several times, and caused a handful of swear words to erupt from my lips.

One way to truly remove the languages is to install your current OS on your PC, run AppLoader, and uncheck them. This honestly un-installs them from the device.

A faster way, though, to at least get rid of the language key 'on the fly' is to do this:
  1. Click on the Setup icon
  2. Click on Languages and Input...
  3. Under the Manage Languages and Input Methods, UNCHECK the languages you don't want to use/see, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
  4. At the pop up message "Remove all unselected languages from your device", click Yes.
  5. Restart the device when prompted.

If you only left one language checked, you will no longer have a language key to the left of the space bar. That key will now be a question mark key (which is kinda nice to have on the main keypad).
A bump for a good tip. I had forgotten how many times I hit that button when I first started using the phone. I removed the languages When installing an App just to free up room. I never realized the button was replaced with a question mark. I do remember when I first noticed it was there. I thought "great, I'm glad there's a question mark 'hidden' down there". But I never connected the two. Thanks for the info.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread