Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Push Polls

Please Login to Remove!

While I do not think that this post in and of itself qualifies for a "sensitive discussion" designation, because it does address the political arena I have put it here. Since we are now really entering the political season, I remind people of one of the most disgusting tactics employed by the political parasite class -- both lefties and righties -- called the "push poll."

Push poll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had one contact me during the 2010 congressional races trying to spread dirt on the challenger in the local US race. Now I wasn't terribly fond of the challenger to start with, but the incumbent was running scared and trying to spread dirt.

Pseudo Pollster: "So, how would the fact that Mr. Jones has a life long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of barnyard sows influence your vote?"

Me: "Really! Oh then I'd be much more likely to vote for him."

You could almost hear the jaw drop and hit the floor.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Push Polls

I get this sort of telephone poll too along with the normal asking for money for everything. My standard answer is now "I do nothing over the telephone." I then hang up. I figure most of the callers are cons or con artists. One sure sign is hearing a boiler room in the background.

I do like the your idea of telling the caller that you admire the politician having sex with a sow. You should have told him that is where baby politicians come from. No stork for them. LOL
Old 01-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Push Polls

It's silly season down here in the Sunshine State. We're getting probably five or six calls a day. Oddly, most of them are supporting Senator Santorum. Who doesn't have a snow balls chance. Not sure if any of them are of the type you mention, since we are not answering the phone if our caller ID has a number which is unfamiliar. Maybe I should answer a couple of them. Great idea to screw with the pollsters!