GadgetGuru72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default WorldMate Live question

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone-

The newest version of WorldMate Live is supposed to allow for 3-way sync'ing of your travel itineraries between (1) WorldMate Live's website, (2) the BB version of WorldMate Live, and (3) your BB's native calendar.

#1 and #2 always sync'ed. #3 was added in the most recent release.

However, I can't seem to get this to work. I can't get anything to appear in the BB native calendar.

Anybody get this to work?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuru72 View Post
Hey everyone-

The newest version of WorldMate Live is supposed to allow for 3-way sync'ing of your travel itineraries between (1) WorldMate Live's website, (2) the BB version of WorldMate Live, and (3) your BB's native calendar.

#1 and #2 always sync'ed. #3 was added in the most recent release.

However, I can't seem to get this to work. I can't get anything to appear in the BB native calendar.

Anybody get this to work?
Worked for me!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Worked for me!
Care to elaborate on how you did it?

Was it automatic or was there a setting somewhere? How did you get it to work?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Care to elaborate on how you did it?

Was it automatic or was there a setting somewhere? How did you get it to work?
Under Settings, configure "Calendar Sync Settings"... The options are straight forward...
Old 05-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
Under Settings, configure "Calendar Sync Settings"... The options are straight forward...
Ok, I feel like an idiot, but I'm not seeing that option.

If I click settings, I get:

User name
Home city
Date format
Temperature
Auto update
Flight Notification Reminder
Daily Events Notifications
Trip Notifications
Itinerary Update Notifications
Connection

I don't have an option for "Configure Sync Settings."

At the risk of my sounding like a complete moron, can you explain where those settings are? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted

You appear to be in the right place as far as Settings, but my guess is that you have an older version -- check the about screen to verify that you have v1.2.52 (the latest that I am aware of). If not, download OTA at http://www.wmlive.com/.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

You appear to be in the right place as far as Settings, but my guess is that you have an older version -- check the about screen to verify that you have v1.2.52 (the latest that I am aware of). If not, download OTA at http://www.wmlive.com/.
Nope. I have 1.2.52.

Maybe I'll delete the program and try installing again.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #8
GadgetGuru72

I deleted and re-installed, but I'm still not showing that feature in the settings. Are you a Gold member? The press release seems to indicate that it's a free feature, but maybe it's limited to Gold members.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #9
sheldonbk

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I think I was asked on a restart if I wanted to sync. It didn't ask me the first time I used the new version, but once it did, it worked right away. I'm definitely not a gold member.

My options...

User Name
Home City
Date Format
Temperature
Auto Update - never
Flight notification reminder - 4 hrs
Daily event notificatons - on
Trip Notifications - on
Itinerary Update notifications - on
Calendar Sync Settings - click to open
Mapping Application - TeleNav
Connection - IPPP for BIBS

When I click to open Calendar Sync Settings, there's another page full of settings.

If you're not seeing those options, perhaps it's worth sending them a msg @ WorldMate Live

Incidentally, I'm on v. 1.2.46 - recently upgraded & thought it was the latest but that's what I see on the about page.

Last edited by sheldonbk; 05-18-2008 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: to add option details & wmlive contact info
Old 05-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
Calendar Sync Settings - click to open
Mapping Application - TeleNav
I don't have either of those two settings options. I restarted a bunch of times, and even deleted and re-installed the program twice.

I sent an e-mail support ticket to them, but since I'm not a Gold member I'm not too sure how responsive they'll be.

I'll post back when (if) they respond in case anybody else is having this problem.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I don't have either of those two settings options. I restarted a bunch of times, and even deleted and re-installed the program twice.

I sent an e-mail support ticket to them, but since I'm not a Gold member I'm not too sure how responsive they'll be.

I'll post back when (if) they respond in case anybody else is having this problem.
After you "deleted", did you reboot the device (i.e., pull battery) in order to ensure that everything was removed?
Old 05-18-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
GadgetGuru72

Quote:
After you "deleted", did you reboot the device (i.e., pull battery) in order to ensure that everything was removed?
Yup ... rebooted twice just to be absolutely sure.

I'm now going to try to delete, reboot, and then install using DM instead of OTA and see if that makes a difference.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
GadgetGuru72

I tried deleting and re-installing using DM instead of OTA. When I did that, it installed 1.2.46 instead of 1.2.52. That didn't give me the calendar sync options either. So, I then installed 1.2.52 OTA over the 1.2.46 install, and that didn't help.

So, now I'm out of ideas. Nothing seems to work.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
sheldonbk

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

Looking forward to seeing how quick and effective their support is.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #15
GadgetGuru72

Ok, for anyone else having the same problem, I finally got this figured out.

First, as for WorldMate's customer support, it was practically non-existent. I sent a support ticket through their website describing the problem in as much detail as possible.

To their credit, I got a response only a few hours later. However, it was a form response that simply stated:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us.

WorldMate Live is designed to automatically detect when you have a calendar item that matches any of your itinerary dates and then it will come into action.

You will see a pop-up screen which will enable you to set step-by-step the calendar sync feature, after the initial set up you will be able to change the calendar sync settings via WorldMate Live settings menu.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.
Clearly, that didn't help at all, because if it happened "automatically" there wouldn't have been a problem.

So, I responded to their e-mail and explained that I understood that it was supposed to "automatically" pop-up and configure the calendar sync settings, but that it wasn't working properly.

Again, somewhat to their credit, I got a response within another few hours. Unfortunately, it was the EXACT SAME form response.

So, while they certainly respond quickly, if their form responses don't help, it appears you may be out of luck.

Anyway, the form response stated that it will auto-detect if you have a calendar item that matches any of your itinerary dates.

Initially I had a calendar item that stated "Vacation 2008" for my vacation scheduled in July. Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

My WorldMate Live itinerary is called "France 2008." So, I changed my calendar entry from "Vacation 2008" to "France 2008." Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

I then created a calendar entry called "France 2008," but only for the 1st day of my vacation rather than spanning the entire vacation. Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

Finally, I created a calendar entry called "Flight to France" on the 1st day of my vacation. WorldMate FINALLY gave me a pop-up asking if I wanted to sync my itineraries. I went through and configured everything, and now these options do appear in the standard "settings" menu.

So, in conclusion, in order to get WorldMate Live to allow you to sync with your BB native calendar, you have to create a calendar entry that very closely resembles an entry in WorldMate. Then, when you launch WorldMate, it should ask if you want to synchronize.

That was overly complicated, and hopefully will be easier in future releases.

Hope this helps others ...
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #16
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

WorldMate Live v1.2.60 is now available -- not sure of the changes from v1.2.52.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #17
RolyMo

Carrier: BT UK
Default Calendar Entries

Been following the thread. I finally got the gold version.
I am however stumped with the behaviour of the calendar entries.
I set up an itinerary with some flights and a hotel and then at some point the app decides to suck in some of my calendar entries from the BB Calendar (most of which are relevant). All the calendar entries are set to the correct timezones (ie ones for UK in UK timezone, ones for Europe set for Europe TZ's), however I am seeing Worldmate shift the appointments forward in time, and I have not even travelled so I would not expect any timezone changes and they dont correlate to the timezones set in the appt anyway.

Secondly I had an incident where I had some appt's which other people had sent to me and ones I had invited people to and Worldmate sync'd these into the itinery (great as they were mostly relevant) and then WM sent a blank email to the recipients of this appts. A very embarrassing situation.

I cannot for my life find a set of instructions or manual to confirm the behaviour I should expect.

Can anybody shed any light or assist please.
I am wanting to like this potentially intelligent app, but it is costing me time sorting problems I am not expecting to see.

Thanks in advance.
R
Old 07-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #18
gameboy213

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I have had some meeting times shift as well, and it has been annoying. I feel like I have to verify the schedule a lot with the syncing going on. I am thinking about turning the syncing off with my bb and just copying things myself until it is resolved.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #19
MikeTampa

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

When I first added my itinerary, it popped up and asked me if I wanted to sync. I accidently said "no" and since then, no matter how I change the calender settings, I can't get it to ask me again! Anyone have any ideas as to how to get it to prompt again after you've said no?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #20
Dr. Mom

Model: 9111
Carrier: ATT
Default Bidirctional calendar syncing messed with my calendar

Be careful with that 2 way calendar syncing, at least on a BB bold. It caused major problems with my calendar. What it did was import items, then it exported them back to the calendar and then imported them again with changed times (I guess to to adjust for the different time zones I'd travel in). It's not a true sync but rather an import/export function which doesn't work very well right now.
I've got no problem with it importing BB calendar items but I won't let it export them back until they get this annoying bug worked out.

Dr. Mom
Closed Thread