Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
ckuhn

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Basic blackberry questions

Please Login to Remove!

I apologize right from the beginning for my complete lack of blackberry knowledge. I have spent the last hour searching on the internet and came across this forum. The more I look, the more confused I get. I've come across a ton of information that I don't if it's relevant to email.

My boss is looking at purchasing a Blackberry through Verizon. He will use it mostly to read his office emails while he is away from the office. He currently does this on his Mac at home using Thunderbird and our business server settings. How would he do this with his blackberry? Not sure if you need to know, but his computer is an iMac 15" flat panel running OS 10.4.11. Work server is OS X Server 10.4.x

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheryl
Old 11-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

Sorry it took so long to get your question answered. Normally I see the new questions in the Mac section.

Your boss can put up to 10 email addresses on his Blackberry (BB). It does not matter what email client he is using. You can log onto Verizon's (VZW) BIS (Blackberry Internet Sever) web site and put his email accounts on to there. You will then have the choice to sync read and deleted emails. He will not be able to look at his folders like he would on his computer.

To sync his address book and calendar he can use Pocket Mac (free) or Missing Sync ($40.00). He also will have the choice of using a hosted BES to get full functionality of his BB. A hosted BES costs about $20.00/month and he will have to use Entourage on his Mac.

Hope this answers some of your questions, and sorry it took so long
Closed Thread