Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
dtmfjunkie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Aside from OEM cases which are available, does anyone have any good case for the Bold?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
estabulla

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Fortte makes a good leather pouch for the Bold.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
ntegrt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I just got one from beyzacases and love it. Pouch case. Leather Cases by Beyza Cases | Apple iPhone Cases, Apple iPod Cases, Blackberry Cases, HTC Cases, Palm Treo Cases, Nokia Cases, Sony Ericsson Cases, HP iPaq Cases, Samsung Cases, Nintendo Cases
Several colors to chose from and a new style also. Quality seems good. Just received it yesterday but will see. Supports the sleep function.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

I am VERY disappointed in Sena, on whom I've relied for cases for previous BBs and iPods. Their 9000 models do not include a "flip up," which is the one I prefer, and they are not shipping until November 14. I have radically altered my high opinion of Sena.

The case I ordered is Sena-like, and can be found here:

Noreve - Leather case BlackBerry 9000 Bold Tradition

I am hoping I am not disappointed as the case that Rogers ships is made for a) geeks who like to wear hardware on their belts; or b) geeks who like the look of a thick wallet in their front pants pocket.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
gizmo01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by estabulla View Post
Fortte makes a good leather pouch for the Bold.

Just looking at the site again and there's a 31% discount!! Nice..I may just pull the trigger now.

giz
Old 10-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
MBW

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A

I have 3 in so far - and reviewed them (permission granted to reproduce):

Fortte Glove Fit Bold case

We asked Fortte to send us two of the new genuine leather cases they designed to custom-fit the new BlackBerry Bold, each appealing to a different user preference. We’ll have a look at their open face case next time; the subject here is their glove-fit case. The bottom half of the case’s rim is a zipper; the entire rim is surrounded in a glove-thin leather jacket. The glove leather extends around the back of the case, where it is reinforced for stiffness (as well as, we assume, some measure of thermal & mechanical isolation), with the inside of the case lines in a soft-touch fabric. The front of the case is a thin plastic sheet that at once protects the screen & keyboard without hampering keyboard operation; a porthole allows direct contact with the trackball. There are, of course, other custom cuts for access to the buttons, jacks & lenses on the handset. The back features a low-profile permanently attached (stitched-on) belt clip. Bottom line: the Fortte Glove Fit Bold Case offers lots of protection with almost no added bulk in a high-touch embrace for handheld high tech.

Otterbox Defender for Bold

Body armor for handsets makes a lot more sense than treating them as disposable; kick that up a notch if you work outdoors or in rugged conditions & another notch if “Butterfingers” refers to more than the candy you look for first in a Trick or Treat harvest. Nobody does handset body armor like Otterbox, so we asked for their new Defender Series model to fit the BlackBerry Bold. Let’s take an artichoke route & explore this from the outside in. There’s a rugged hard plastic holster on a ratcheting swivel clip that holds on tight to the outer silicone skin (feels like rubber & has cover flaps for connection access). That skin wraps around & clips to a 2-piece (front/back) hard plastic case. Between the case & the handset, a clear membrane saddle-mounts over the top of the handset, extending down both in front & in back with a frontal mold that matches the shapes of the handset keys; this keeps out most dust & spray. Assemble the membrane, inner shell, silicone skin & holster & you have a handset with optimal protection against damage from drops, falls, bumps, bruises & more. Bottom line: Otterbox Defender for BlackBerry Bold strikes an elegant balance between complete user access & complete environmental isolation.

Fortte Open Face Bold case

Last time, we looked at the Fortte Glove Fit Bold case; our focus this time is on their genuine leather open face case. The stiffened back of this case provides its primary structural support. The rim surround is soft-lined leather similar to a boot or shoe weight. The Bold handset slides in from the top; a shoulder-strap snap keeps it in place. The front of the case is almost entirely open for direct contact with the keyboard & a direct view of the screen. A back button accepts a slide-locking rotating ratchet clip that adds about an inch of depth; a touch of the lock button lets you leave the clip in place when grabbing the handset for use. Heavy texters may prefer this more visceral keyboard contact & this is an appropriate choice in environments free of keyboard threats like dust or spray. Bottom line: the Fortte Open Face Bold Case provides a very convenient way to tote a handset with the added benefit of a consequential leather jacket to help protect it from bumps & bruises.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

I have the otterbox and like it alot. I just ordered the glove fit fortte case, I have always ordered their products premium product IMO. Great reviews MBW!
Old 10-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
asteele
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone

I have just purchased a BlackBerry original belt holder for a 8700, which fits the Bold absolutely perfectly...
Old 10-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Any case for the 8800-series should fit the Bold perfectly. Same external dimensions. I've been using the Fortte OEM case and it's pretty good. So is the Beyaze case I got for my 8820.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #10
bigrob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Piel Frama is out of Spain and make some beautiful leather cases for any phone imaginable! They use awsome glove leather and the quality is great! My Bold one will get here today. Had one for my pearl and iphone and loved em!! The cases have a flip over cover that snaps closed and have a magnet to put the BB in standby mode to avoid any accidental button pushing. Although they are a little pricey! About $80 US currency.

Last edited by bigrob; 10-27-2008 at 10:00 AM..
Old 11-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
carlkra

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerry
I am VERY disappointed in Sena, on whom I've relied for cases for previous BBs and iPods. Their 9000 models do not include a "flip up," which is the one I prefer, and they are not shipping until November 14. I have radically altered my high opinion of Sena.

The case I ordered is Sena-like, and can be found here:

Noreve - Leather case BlackBerry 9000 Bold Tradition

I am hoping I am not disappointed as the case that Rogers ships is made for a) geeks who like to wear hardware on their belts; or b) geeks who like the look of a thick wallet in their front pants pocket.
I am very disappointed with the belt clip on the Noreve flip case. The case itself is pretty good although the leather edges near the sides of the keyboard interfere a bit with pressing the three keys on each side. I find the belt clip to be useless. The metal button does not slide in and click solidly into place so sometimes you think the device is secure when it isn't. The worst thing about the clip is that it's very hard to release so it's always a struggle against time when the phone rings. Many times I could not release the clip in time so I either had to remove the entire clip from my belt or miss the call. Other than that, it's perfect.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
jbc247

I have never seen an otterbox case in person and I was wondering if the layer over the keys got in the way. I read on the review above the front layer is molded to the shape of the keys. Is it thin enough that it doesn't get in the way?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #13
ipos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

i'm also looking for holster with belt clip
any recommendations?
Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #14
johnnyp500
Thumbs Must Hurt

this one looks nice
Amazon.com: Blackberry 9000 BOLD Premium Lambskin Soft Leather Case with Rotating Belt Clip (with SLEEP Function): Everything Else

I just ordered it!

Last edited by johnnyp500; 11-29-2008 at 10:00 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
ipos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

any folks using Koskin leather holster?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Yes, that DOES look nice. And for $15 it's definitely worth a try. Currently I'm using a Fortte slip-in Thin Pocket (no belt clip) that came with my Rogers-branded Bold. I changed the back cover for a replacement from cnn.cn that is perfectly smooth, no faux leather, very much like the material used on the Blackberry 8820. Only after making this switch was the Fortte case truly usable. Before, with the faux leather back, it was too snug a fit and the BB wasn't smooth enough to slip in and out easily. I put up some quick pics in a Web Gallery that shows the both the smooth plastic back cover and the Fortte case. I now love this case and find I much prefer the no-clip type.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 AM   #17
tsubasa55
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: I9000

i just ordered these :
Blackberry Bold Rubberized Plastic Case w/ Belt Clip - Black Shipped Free.
Protect your screen's privacy with the Blackberry Bold Privacy Screen Protector!
for the price looked like a good deal...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #18
Swede
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Will anyone ever make a holster that I used to use on my 8703 that just lets you slide your BB in and it locks into place that will fit the Bold. This was truly the best case ever, very easy in and out and had the sleep function as well.