Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell
Default Saving Default Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

Choosing Calendar/Select calendar on my 8900 gives me three choices of calendars I have associated with the email addresses on my phone. I use only the one which is my default calendar per Default Services under Advanced Options. When I first bring up the Show All Calendars under Calendar/Select Calendar, no calendar is selected. I have to select the calendar I want, and there is no save option. So, when I exit out of the phones calendar and then go back into the calendar, no one calendar is selected, and I have to reselect again.

The reason this is a problem is that I use Nice Office to sync the 8900's calendar with my calendar on their web page. To input an event on the web site and have it sync with the phone, the phone needs to have the default calendar selected. Since the phone will not hold the selection under Show All Calendars, the sync won't take place. Inputting from the phone to the webpage is no issue.

So, I need to find out how to save the calendar I select under the Show All Options so it is always selected.

A note: The sync from web to phone works fine if I select my calendar and input events from the web. But, once I exit the calendar, I would have to reselect the calendar before inputting new events. Hope this all makes sense.

Is this a phone issue or carrier issue? Nice Office says a Carrier Issue.

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by rugmankc; 12-30-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
rugmankc

Update and no further help needed,

I deleted the other CICAL email accounts, leaving only my main one and still had sync issues from web to phone. Since it sometimes works with my main calendar selected and I can sync a task from web to phone, then can't delete it from the phone, I think this is not a phone issue.

Any other Nice Office Free users with similar problems.

Since this is free and phone to web works perfect, I will probably keep it. But, not pay for the upgrade until I have more confidence in the program.

Ken
Old 12-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted

rugman, doesn't the webapp you are using sync with the default calendar as selected in default services in options. I miss the point of why you think you need to select and save calendar in calendar options.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Yes that is a workaround. I thought there was an option to set it. Nonetheless, your approach works until you resend the service books

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
ejmccartin

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Yes that is a workaround. I thought there was an option to set it. Nonetheless, your approach works until you resend the service books
that's the only trick that has worked for me and should hold, even after resending service books - at least that is the way it has worked for me.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

I am glad. You would just have to remove the non-default cical accts at that time

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
rugmankc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted

rugman, doesn't the webapp you are using sync with the default calendar as selected in default services in options. I miss the point of why you think you need to select and save calendar in calendar options.

You would think so. But, NO said to select my default calendar under calendar/options. Problem is it doesn't stay selected. In the mean time I resent service books and am back at square one.

I uninstalled NO on the phone, keeping my web account open to easily go back to it. Weird though, in doing that the 8900 archived NO and did not totally delete it from phone. I may have to reinstall and delete web account then uninstall off of phone.

Am now trying funambol. It is not realtime, but manual syncs. Very nice. But, only a 90 day trial then they put you in contact with their partners who you can buy from, but don't say how much.

Ken
Old 01-01-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

Good pt. I missed your post.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Good pt. I missed your post.

rugman says no. He's tried, and he's following the instructions for the app.

I don't have experience with the product. Just seems weird to me.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
rugmankc

I gave up on Funambol and Nice Office. Too many conflicts trying to keep my phone, outlook, and the web pages in sync. Duplicates etc. Messed up my regular 8900 to DM syncs. I got all back to normal and deleted those two accounts.

Question: In deleting Nice Office from phone apps it left the Icon in my downloads folder showing it as archived. Same as Vlingo. These both came from BB App World and I never saw this before after deleting an app. Even when I deleted NO in the past. Is this new, and how do I get rid of the Icons? Do they consume memory? I found them on my sd card and deleted those folders, but they still are in the download folder as archived. Didn't see a way to delete them thru DM.

Ooops: I searched and solved the archived problem while posting this. Only one that worked for me was to from app world click reinstall, pause, then cancel. I then pulled the battery and they are now gone. It seems to be hit an miss on getting rid of the archived folders for different folks.

Ken
Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Thanks for the update. Just from your description it sounded like more trouble than it was worth. I'd have done the same, but probably sooner.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
rugmankc

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Just from your description it sounded like more trouble than it was worth. I'd have done the same, but probably sooner.

Sooner would have been better.

Nothing beats good ole thumdrives and DM for efficient backups and syncs with an occasional full image backup.

Ken