Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Buggaton

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Pearl
Default Suretype/Predictive Text

Please Login to Remove!

I have no problem with finding out how to turn on/off the suretype function.

I do have a problem with the function itself. It seems to be set up entirely with the purpose of slowing down the user. On a non-qwerty setup this suretype is awful. There is no obvious way of adding words to the dictionary whilst one is mid-message and the words guessed are sometimes longer than that of the ones I'm typing. I would rather it suggested words of the length I've typed... not any other length. Like a Nokia predictive text function. I also don't like having to use an unreliable and unpredictable touch button to cycle through my options and click on a word I'd like to use. Why can't it be a tactile button that cycles through the messages for accuracy and ease?

In short, does anyone know a way to change this predictive text function to be more like a Nokia phone (or really any phone that was made before "Smart phones" came and slowed (dumbed?) everything down).

Cheers,
Buggaton
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads for: Suretype/Predictive Text
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why is my mom's Blackberry Bold automatically inserting a text when trying to text? angelleah1981 General BlackBerry Discussion 2 11-19-2010 09:58 AM
Text Issues... Uncaught exception cmy_bimmer General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold 1 09-07-2010 12:42 AM
Cant text a spicific phone number ?? djqsrv General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour 4 07-02-2010 11:02 AM
BBNotePad 1.0.5 -- text edit software (Updated July 30) qinjg8008 Aftermarket Software 156 08-20-2009 03:58 PM
Blank incoming emails when attachments are present kd78 General Legacy Device Discussion 23 03-07-2007 01:51 PM

Vintage MAC Tools Inside Micrometer Set in Case/ With Manual picture

Vintage MAC Tools Inside Micrometer Set in Case/ With Manual

$100.00

Vintage Mac Warehouse  3.5” Floppy Disk Solar Powered Calculator Company Swag picture

Vintage Mac Warehouse 3.5” Floppy Disk Solar Powered Calculator Company Swag

$74.00

Vintage Mac Tools AW343 Series 1/2 Pneumatic Impact Driver  picture

Vintage Mac Tools AW343 Series 1/2 Pneumatic Impact Driver

$50.00

Vintage MAC USA 18-6 XDM Six Points 18 MM Socket 3/8

Vintage MAC USA 18-6 XDM Six Points 18 MM Socket 3/8" Drive Used Excellent Condi

$14.99

VINTAGE MSI McHenry Systems MAC IH ELECTRONIC DISTANCE METER SURVEYING picture

VINTAGE MSI McHenry Systems MAC IH ELECTRONIC DISTANCE METER SURVEYING

$350.00

Vintage UNHOLTZ-DICKIE MAC-6C Equipment - Untested As-is picture

Vintage UNHOLTZ-DICKIE MAC-6C Equipment - Untested As-is

$71.99

Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.