Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers
Default Never getting a new one :(

Please Login to Remove!

Some of you are familiar with my issues, and my support experiences.

So I called up again today because my PlayBook after going for repair still exhibits the same issues.

Eventually the PB is "dead" I can get it to power on and boot up with a charger plugged in but it reports 0% battery for hours on end while "charging"

If you unplug it, it shuts off.

Another issue is that even if I get it back to charging properly and showing a "real" battery status, AppWorld can no longer authenticate my ID.

This repeats in an endless loop no matter how many times I 'de-brick' the device.

So I called PlayBook support again today and spoke to the rep. He asked for my old case number and told me he would put me on hold to bring up my case and contact the RMA team.

15 minutes later he comes back from hold "hello sir, thank you for holding. I've spoken to the RMA Tea..... *CLICK*"

... and my call was dropped.

I don't have time for this. I'm tired of trying to e-mail the address they claim to be a contact address which only tells me I e-mailed the wrong address and to e-mail the address I just used for support.

I'm tired of waiting on hold only to be disconnected or to spend 45 minutes with no initial answer.

I'm tired of all of this.

Maybe I'll walk next door to Mike L's secret business and throw this piece of junk on his desk muttering something along the lines of "thanks for nothing"

dunno what to do from here on out....
Old 02-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Never getting a new one :(

This should probably be in the original thread...
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 02-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Cooper, I feel for you, but this return should have been done last June or so if I recall. You waited and waited and waited some more long after they seemed to be doing easy replacements.

I am not condoning what you are going through now, but if you acted back then I have a feeling this wouldn't be what you are going through now. Can't say for sure, but to see you complaining over and over you don't have time for this makes me wonder if you didn't have a bit of a hand in this outcome.

Again, I feel for you and it is too late to know what would have happened back then, but bite the bullet and do what you have to in order to get it worked out. If you don't want to play their game then move on.....
Old 02-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

I just feel bad for wasting taxpayers money... (It's a work device and I work in the public sector)

and I mean, I DID actually get it RMA'ed once :P. At that point they should have replaced it.

Hell they're giving the damn things away on the Ellen show!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
ZombieBerry
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Priv
PIN: 2AB9C463
Carrier: WIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I just feel bad for wasting taxpayers money... (It's a work device and I work in the public sector)

and I mean, I DID actually get it RMA'ed once :P. At that point they should have replaced it.

Hell they're giving the damn things away on the Ellen show!
Coop, I love ya like a brother from another mother, but for chrissakes!!!!!

What you don't have time for is posting your problems on this forum, call RIM and record the conversation if you have to. First off, it is a work PB. So, I am not sure why your IT dept has you slogging through VRAs looking for some RMA action. (The responsibility is on them, unless it is a BYOD deal).

You will have to grab a beer, and light a cigar and plan a day in advance to call them and keep calling them until you are satisfied. If I have to call RIM I get a reference number in case I am disconnected. I have all the information I need to get my point across and I make damn sure they fix my problem or acknowledge mine before I let them go for the day (Same with any CSR/Technical type call). If you don't have time for this, then grab an ipad or an Android tablet and be done with it. This has dragged on way too long.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Taxpayers dollars? So your government agency purchased the device? Do they have a support contract with RIM? Why not have them open a ticket on the issue? You'd probably get quicker results that way.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBerry View Post
Coop, I love ya like a brother from another mother, but for chrissakes!!!!!

What you don't have time for is posting your problems on this forum, call RIM and record the conversation if you have to. First off, it is a work PB. So, I am not sure why your IT dept has you slogging through VRAs looking for some RMA action. (The responsibility is on them, unless it is a BYOD deal).

You will have to grab a beer, and light a cigar and plan a day in advance to call them and keep calling them until you are satisfied. If I have to call RIM I get a reference number in case I am disconnected. I have all the information I need to get my point across and I make damn sure they fix my problem or acknowledge mine before I let them go for the day (Same with any CSR/Technical type call). If you don't have time for this, then grab an ipad or an Android tablet and be done with it. This has dragged on way too long.
I much appreciate your support.

I actually am the IT department within my organization (there's a very large IT group in our business but I'm serving a specific group of 200) so if we want this replaced, I have to take care of it.. just me and my boss, no junior people earning $15/hr to hand this down to :(

The issue on calling is that I don't have the luxury of being in my office near the phone on a frequent basis. I assume I need 30-60 minutes based on previous experience with the support line.

I will keep on moving forward and attempt another call tomorrow by hopefully carving out some time

I've got 4 first gen iPads in my office but I'm not allowed to deploy them... that's a whole other mess, kind of RIM related but I won't go into that, heh
Old 02-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Taxpayers dollars? So your government agency purchased the device? Do they have a support contract with RIM? Why not have them open a ticket on the issue? You'd probably get quicker results that way.
The money used to buy it was federal government funding, educational...
Closed Thread