BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #621
vvan0129

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Issue with Hotspot Browser

Please Login to Remove!

JSanders you've been so helpful that I'm hoping you'll be able to help me solve this case.

I have an unlocked Verizon Storm 2 on AT&T. It has been working decently for the past two months, but on Friday, I don't know what happened, but I could no longer access my browser. My settings are stuck to Hotspot Browser and I can't manually configure it to Internet Explorer. I have looked up plenty of other forums, none of which have been of any help.

I have tried resending my service books and I am subscribed to the Data Plan. When I try to open the Browser, I get a message telling me to subscribe to Wi-Fi service but I previously had no trouble connecting to the Browser without Wi-Fi service (even though I have it).

Thank you so much!

Last edited by vvan0129; 08-08-2010 at 10:29 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #622
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

vvan0129, I've some people on the Storms who don't need to follow the instructions in this threads initial post and some who must.

All I can say is, have you performed the tasks in the initial post, and if you have followed them completely... try it as a solution.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #623
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

I have one comment and one question:

1. In order to make this work, you need to go to OPTIONS/MOBILE NETWORK/NETWORK TECHNOLOGY and change the setting from 1XEV to GSM/UTMS. I didn't see that anywhere in the notes (didn't "read" it all, but did skim through it). Even though everything was set up correctly and installed, it would not look for the GSM (TMO) network until I made that change - duh.

2. I can't create an account on the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) site - it gives me an error indicating an issue with the PIN. Is this because CDMA BlackBerrys have a different range of PINs (3xxxxxxx) vs GSM PINs (2xxxxxxxx)? The question: how can I get around this and create a BIS account so that I can get email to work?

Again, great info, and with the exceptions noted above, it's been trouble-free. Thank you, JSanders!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #624
schnellmedic

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvan0129 View Post
I have tried resending my service books and I am subscribed to the Data Plan. When I try to open the Browser, I get a message telling me to subscribe to Wi-Fi service but I previously had no trouble connecting to the Browser without Wi-Fi service (even though I have it).
Enable legacy mode, then restore the ATT service books and DO NOT restart. Legacy mode is kinda tricky but it does work on .713 and then you should be good to go.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #625
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
I have one comment and one question:
1. I will add that in. Thanks. I knew to do that, should have it in the notes if it is not.

2. It is not actually globally true that GSM PINs begin with a 2, and CDMA PINs with a 3. Vodafone (think 9500 and 9520 Storm) the PIN begins with a 3. It was news to me, but oddly enough Voda owns half of Verizon... so perhaps there is some conspiracy there.

Are you creating the BIS account on the PC? I've seen errors there, which resolved itself after a couple hours. What is the error you are seeing?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #626
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
1. I will add that in. Thanks. I knew to do that, should have it in the notes if it is not.

2. It is not actually globally true that GSM PINs begin with a 2, and CDMA PINs with a 3. Vodafone (think 9500 and 9520 Storm) the PIN begins with a 3. It was news to me, but oddly enough Voda owns half of Verizon... so perhaps there is some conspiracy there.

Are you creating the BIS account on the PC? I've seen errors there, which resolved itself after a couple hours. What is the error you are seeing?
Yeah, adding it to the instructions would help. I should have know, too, that the technology was different and that there would be a setting in the Network settings...

After posting, I tried accessing the email setup on the phone, it detected the info, found the existing email account and offered to MOVE it to the Storm... viola! All done.

Thanks for an excellent write up... saved me lots of grief... and now my son-in-law will be happy.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #627
vvan0129

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
vvan0129, I've some people on the Storms who don't need to follow the instructions in this threads initial post and some who must.

All I can say is, have you performed the tasks in the initial post, and if you have followed them completely... try it as a solution.
JSanders: even with the enabled legacy mode, I was unable to get my browser to work. I wasn't able to follow through with your initial directions because I had trouble finding the corresponding files (C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Shar e d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java).

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #628
drpapi95

Model: 9630
Carrier: Tmobile

I dont get how to do step 2. PLZ HELP
Old 08-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #629
crazyloverd

Carrier: ATT
Default About Step 2

I dont see that on my computer.2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_daemon and move the cod to your new folder.
I see c:\programfiles\commonfiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\application\mediasyncmobile one foder for 6,0 and a file netrim media ect.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #630
emjayen84

Model: 9630

I am using a Verizon BlackBerry Tour on AT&T with the BB data plan. The original browser never did open up once I unlocked the phone, but I got a browser working (Opera Mini) by just plugging my BB Tour to my PC and using desktop manager's Application section to install it. My question is: how do I go about getting MMS working on my Tour, if i've already gone to the Hosting Tables and had the service books supposedly sent to me numerous times? The MMS' are received on my phone, but it always says it was unable to retrieve the actual content of the MMS. It will show a popup saying it is retrieving the picture, and shows the black box with white arrow in the corner like its working, but it NEVER comes. I am sick of getting picture messages that will never download so I can view them..

any help would be seriously appreciated!!

m
Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #631
petahh29

Model: 8520
Carrier: att
Default Mac

what do i do if i have a mac not a pc
Old 09-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #632
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by petahh29 View Post
what do i do if i have a mac not a pc
You must find a PC to do this.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #633
tayoge

Mr Sanders,
I need your help. I just got a BB storm 2 9550 by Verizon and I got it unlocked via "ebay" but the browser will not work for me. I tried to follow your steps but I got lost in Step 2. Please how can you help me? Thanks Sir
Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #634
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You must perform Pre-Step B to complete Step 2. Knowing that, what has you stuck?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #635
tayoge

Yes I have downloaded the Service book to my PC and I have the blackberry desktop software on my PC. I just couldnt locate this on my PC: "C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Shar e d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java. "
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #636
Burgy77

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BCF52B
Default Tour 9630

This reply is in regards to a Verizon Tour 9630 (unlocked) going on to a AT&T line with BB data already on it. I am having a few issues.

1. Download the ATT service books here. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.
- Check
2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_daemon and move the cod to your new folder.

-Check

3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. You won't notice any changes until after you see the Application loader screen, don't click any check boxes, just click Next, and then Finish. ONLY after clicking Finish will you see a quick notice that the browser_daemon module is being removed.
Close DM on completion. Allow your Storm to reboot.

- This is where I am running into issues. I am using the BBDM 6 so it has a different screen than the old BBDM. It does not have any way for me to uncheck the browser (unless I misunderstood the process for removing the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. Does anyone know of a better way to remove that module? Can I use JL_commander? Any help is appreciated.

Feel free to BBM me 22BCF52B.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #637
fresco23

Model: 9530

hey jsanders i found the net rim bb browser daemon file in the app uploader but i can delete it because its in browser and says it is required i have a black berry storm 9530 please help me
Old 09-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #638
fresco23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy77 View Post
This reply is in regards to a Verizon Tour 9630 (unlocked) going on to a AT&T line with BB data already on it. I am having a few issues.

1. Download the ATT service books here. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.
- Check
2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.

-Check

3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. You won't notice any changes until after you see the Application loader screen, don't click any check boxes, just click Next, and then Finish. ONLY after clicking Finish will you see a quick notice that the browser_daemon module is being removed.
Close DM on completion. Allow your Storm to reboot.

- This is where I am running into issues. I am using the BBDM 6 so it has a different screen than the old BBDM. It does not have any way for me to uncheck the browser (unless I misunderstood the process for removing the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module. Does anyone know of a better way to remove that module? Can I use JL_commander? Any help is appreciated.

Feel free to BBM me 22BCF52B.
this is my very same problem
Old 09-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #639
fresco23

ignore my post :( i dont have a bis so im s.o.l
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #640
richcee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Default Storm sim card error

Just got a Storm 9530 and unlocked it. Took the AT&T sim out of my Bold 9000 and put it in the Storm. Cannot access my contacts. Get a message "error accessing sim" but everything else works. Can receive and send calls. Email and internet works. Just can't access my sim contacts. When I put the sim back in the Bold, it works perfectly. Any idea what the fix could be?? Do I need to reinstall the OS? Thanks in advance.