BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
jhinds

Model: z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default BB Travel app not picking up TripCase itineraries?

Please Login to Remove!

Afternoon Blackberry community,

I have searched and searched this site and the internet without finding a solution. I have a client that is currently using a Z30 (has the same issue on Z10) and when he receives a email from TripCase with his travel reservations the Blackberry Travel Application will not pick it up and add to app.

I had found a few things that seemed to be answers to the issue but in the end they all required extra steps so not a acceptable "work around". I was wondering if any of you have had the same experience and if there is anything else I can suggest? Please, let me know if you have questions, anything to get me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated

Here is what I have been able to find -
Blackberry Latest update:
Overview
When an itinerary is sent to a BlackBerry Travel monitored email, the itinerary is not being automatically added to BlackBerry Travel using the automatic trip scanning feature.
If you open the page there is more information, but seems to be a fix from BB for this issue.
**link removed***
Here the information I found that I believe will also be helpful. One from TripCase on syncing with Outlook for Blackberry and the other is a “work-around” for getting your trips into Blackberry Travel.

From TripCase:
***link removed***

From Google – Article on loading TripCase emails not picked up automatically by BB Travel App:
***link removed***

Here is the response from Z30 user:
Thanks, Jason. I have an even newer version of the BB OS (10.2.0), so the first one is not an issue. I can get the itinerary to load into Outlook automatically, but that really isn’t the point. I want it to load into BB Travel, which it won’t because of the format of the itinerary. Even if I email the itinerary directly to BB Travel, as suggested, it won’t load. It just tells me it fails. The tripcase stuff really doesn’t have any application here. That is more steps than I have to go through now, and it would require me to create a profile on a different travel app site that I will never use. At this point, the only way I can load the flights is to go to the site for the airline and email a copy of their itinerary to me. Even if we could get a travel itinerary directly from, say, Southwest, in addition to the LawyersTravel itinerary, it would load. But of course we don’t get that either.

Short answer: Thanks, but none of these work.

Please help!

Thank you in advance,
Jason
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BB Travel app not picking up TripCase itineraries?

I would suggest you contact the App developer and see if they have any updates or know issues.
Closed Thread